Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 17189 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2013, 03:10:30 AM »
Lol well at least he could leave some details
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:26 AM »
Maybe he got shot down by a Yak 3 horde yesterday :)
:lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »
so ya brought up at thread that's been dead for 2 months just to type 8 dots?  :rolleyes:

I was reading through it and someone pointed out something about the gameplay of one of the bigger loudmouths on 200.  I posted something unflattering about that player's style of game play and thought better of it.  I've been playing a year and love the game.  I won't contribute to the negativity here or on 200.  I monitor 200 because it's nice to exchange pleasantries with guys from the other teams.  For instance, I rarely shoot down injured fighters.  What's the point?  I've had several guys thank me on 200 for not killing them after flying formation on them for a bit and then going my own way.  Unless of course I've been hoed the last several deaths and I'm seeing red.   ;)  It's just hard not to get pulled in by all the crying and taunting on 200.  It's too bad we have guys here like that.  Anyway, that's why I deleted my post.  On topic, I'm getting better at holding my own against Yaks, although I still don't have them figured out, and I now seek them out  to learn how to fight them better.  Like the 109, they're my toughest opponents.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:44:04 AM by Golden Dragon »
Fight's on!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »
I was reading through it and someone pointed out something about the gameplay of one of the bigger loudmouths on 200.  I posted something unflattering about that player's style of game play and thought better of it.  I've been playing a year and love the game.  I won't contribute to the negativity here or on 200.  I monitor 200 because it's nice to exchange pleasantries with guys from the other teams.  For instance, I rarely shoot down injured fighters.  What's the point?  I've had several guys thank me on 200 for not killing them after flying formation on them for a bit and then going my own way.  Unless of course I've been hoed the last several deaths and I'm seeing red.   ;)  It's just hard not to get pulled in by all the crying and taunting on 200.  It's too bad we have guys here like that.  Anyway, that's why I deleted my post.  On topic, I'm getting better at holding my own against Yaks, although I still don't have them figured out, and I now seek them out  to learn how to fight them better.  Like the 109, they're my toughest opponents.

We have loudmouths?

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »
We have loudmouths?

I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED I say, by this baseless accusation!

:neener:

If you monitor 200 you should know what to expect.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »
:aok  I tune to 200 for the same reasons you do and here lately I've been squelching the ones that can't stfu. I do love the squelch function :)

About the Yaks, I have a hard time with them. They're small and hard to hit, and they seem to soak up tons of ammo. They're really a handful for me in a 47 unless I have a significant advantage.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
Bah.  They die like everything else does when hit by four hispanos.  That's assuming I hit them, which is a big leap given my gunnery of late...

I honestly haven't had that big of an issue with the Yaks. Kinda like Spitteens to me except smaller and slightly tougher.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline DocDoom

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~docdoom
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2013, 12:12:35 PM »
I haven't flown in quite a while ... I am thinking of coming back for a look after I take care of some stuff that is in the way right now. When I was a regular, the Yak-9U was my all time favorite ride. It rewarded smart tactical flying and was a fantastic "all around" dog-fighter. For me at least. I could cope with the low firepower by being a good shooter and holding off on wastage.

I always wanted to try a Yak-3 but it wasn't around back then. I assumed it would climb better than the 9 and accelerate better (it's quite a bit lighter) and turn better as well. Is it better in the horizontal turn ? I know it is better in the vertical, how can it not be at such a light weight ?

Just curious. I will see some of you when I return.

I'm not a big supporter of complaining like many seem to do, I always figured successful combat pilots study, learn, adapt and overcome. Or leave. They don't cry much. Even pretend combat pilots. :D

Reailty is what you deal with and it is always what you face, no matter what your opinion says you "should" be facing. If you can't deal with something you come up against, find something else to deal with that suits you better. Don't expect the world to change to make your life easier.

Offline TGG93

• Copper Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
Comparing it with the Yak-9U, this is what I personally feel I have found.

It has the same great all round vision but it also has the same (relatively) small armament and ammunition load.

It climbs better than the 9U, it turns better than the 9U, it rolls better than the 9U, it's smaller (and harder to hit) than the 9U and it accelerates better than the 9U.

The 9U beats it in the dive and top end speed.
The Few.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
Comparing it with the Yak-9U, this is what I personally feel I have found.

It has the same great all round vision but it also has the same (relatively) small armament and ammunition load.

It climbs better than the 9U, it turns better than the 9U, it rolls better than the 9U, it's smaller (and harder to hit) than the 9U and it accelerates better than the 9U.

The 9U beats it in the dive and top end speed.

If the Spit IX and 51D had a child, it would be the Yak-3 with tiny fists, lol.  Ultimately, whether by design or not, people are flying them in the same style as the Dora and the runstang...with some exceptions but for the most part they do.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
It is on my list of planes for pilots who need a crutch...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »

And knee braces...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »
Having flown in and against the Yak3 I will say that it's a competitive ride in the LW arena, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the LA7/Runstang/Spit.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »

Says the Ta 152 driver.

Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24