Author Topic: Stall limiter - yes or no?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Stall limiter - yes or no?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:48 AM »
errr   no way. 

I remember a great chat I had with Bear69 when my spit 9 out turned his Hurri 2C  with ease.   The difference is night and day. 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »
When I was new I deliberately left the SL on for about three months after doing some testing. I was flying the La-7 at that time and I figured that I would not get that much from disabling it, as I was mostly flying it BnZ / E fighting. This crutch allowed me to concentrate on learning all the other stuff flooding me at that time, especially tactical and battle SA.
Indeed I later found it not to make much difference in that plane and with that specific fighting style. However, once I started to explore the whole planeset and had the necessary basic skillset, turning it off became a necessity. But I was ready for it by then.

YMMV

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »
I feel like it should be off by default...

Why would you say this? a large number of new players start with the mouse and KB and even if they have a JS they still have troubles flying with the stall limiter on.

Maybe you need to be corrected more often and you wouldn't make so many asinine comments.

:salute

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
 Why would you say this? a large number of new players start with the mouse and KB and even if they have a JS they still have troubles flying with the stall limiter on.

Maybe you need to be corrected more often and you wouldn't make so many asinine comments.

:) I flew H2H for months with a mouse without stall limiter. Had no problems back then with augering. Maybe you shouldn't correct anyone if you yourself are not correct. Oh, and if you don't believe it, then allow me to spend a few minutes with you flying with a mouse. Sure, I won't be doing tail slides but it's certainly not as bad as you make it out to be. More than enough to make BnZ passes without problems or simple maneuvers.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:28:49 PM by titanic3 »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
:) I flew H2H for months with a mouse without stall limiter. Had no problems back then with augering. Maybe you shouldn't correct anyone if you yourself are not correct. Oh, and if you don't believe it, then allow me to spend a few minutes with you flying with a mouse. Sure, I won't be doing tail slides but it's certainly not as bad as you make it out to be. More than enough to make BnZ passes without problems or simple maneuvers.

I don't want to start a purse fight,I'm sure you'd win!    Not everyone is as skilled as you,some have real difficulties just trying to take of and land,if you spent any time helping new players you would soon find this out.

Just because "you" had no problems doesn't mean everyone has no problems learning to fly,but hey if I had all your experience and knowledge I'd be a trainer......

PS: a tailslide is not ACM or even BFM it's aerobatics and has little use in air combat but I'm sure you will be the first to correct me on this!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:13:11 PM by morfiend »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
I don't want to start a purse fight,I'm sure you'd win!

but hey if I had all your experience and knowledge I'd be a trainer......

:rofl
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »

I don't want to start a purse fight,I'm sure you'd win!    Not everyone is as skilled as you,some have real difficulties just trying to take of and land,if you spent any time helping new players you would soon find this out.

Just because "you" had no problems doesn't mean everyone has no problems learning to fly,but hey if I had all your experience and knowledge I'd be a trainer......

PS: a tailslide is not ACM or even BFM it's aerobatics and has little use in air combat but I'm sure you will be the first to correct me on this!

Just a verbal joust.  ;)

I didn't realize take off was so hard, such a shame we don't have a system where the plane automatically takes off.

P.S. I'm sure lots of 109 pilots would be glad to know they killed someone doing aerobatics.

semp

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »
 If you have an issue with me please take it to PM's.

Your response was exactly what I expected......  BTW name a single 109 pilot who claimed a kill in a tailslide....please.  Oh and I'm not talking about cartoon pilots!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »

Your response was exactly what I expected......  BTW name a single 109 pilot who claimed a kill in a tailslide....please.  Oh and I'm not talking about cartoon pilots!

Oh snap, we jumped from a game discussion to real life. My baaaaad.  :rolleyes:

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

109 pilots were relived when they were dead. Dead men can't talk about their tail slides.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »
Oh snap, we jumped from a game discussion to real life. My baaaaad.  :rolleyes:

You were the one who said 109 pilots,had you of said players in the game maybe I'd have interpreted it that way.

Go ahead and find my one article on ACM that talks about a tailslide,it's not ACM it's aerobatics and if you weren't using the ingame K4 and it's one shot kill tator I think you'd find yourself in a bad position.

All of this is pointless and has nothing to do with the stall limiter,I usually suggest players turn it off but not before thay can take off and land without auto takeoff.

However I'm sure you needed no such "crutch" whether it's with a mouse or JS.... Yup when I was 18 I knew everything too!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
  You were the one who said 109 pilots,had you of said players in the game maybe I'd have interpreted it that way.

Go ahead and find my one article on ACM that talks about a tailslide,it's not ACM it's aerobatics and if you weren't using the ingame K4 and it's one shot kill tator I think you'd find yourself in a bad position.

All of this is pointless and has nothing to do with the stall limiter,I usually suggest players turn it off but not before thay can take off and land without auto takeoff.

However I'm sure you needed no such "crutch" whether it's with a mouse or JS.... Yup when I was 18 I knew everything too!

Weird how 13 year old me knew the basics without prior experience yet guys who've been gaming for since the first Atari can't figure it out. I must be some wiz kid huh? Seriously, it's not hard to play a video game.

semp

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Weird how 13 year old me knew the basics without prior experience yet guys who've been gaming for since the first Atari can't figure it out. I must be some wiz kid huh? Seriously, it's not hard to play a video game.

Wow, you are arrogant well beyond your years.  :aok

Nothing like a bravado-infused argument in the Help and Training Forum.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 04:37:20 PM »
Wow, you are arrogant well beyond your years.  :aok

Nothing like a bravado-infused argument in the Help and Training Forum.

Yup just another "punk" who knows it all.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
I turned it off the first time I downloaded ah1 whilst trawling through the settings before I had even tried flying anything. I would advise any new player to do this as learning the game without it I expect to be far easier than having the learn the game a second time when you get round to turning it off.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.