Author Topic: Map Rotation  (Read 586 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Map Rotation
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Does anyone have the list of the order of the map rotation?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Map Rotation
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
grinder
ndisles
baltic
ozkansas
sfma
craterma
mesaview
tagma
smpizza
montis
compello
mindanao
beta2

not sure wich one is actually #1, but that's how they rotate.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
What happened to FesterMA?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »

Was taken out ~7 years ago.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
Are you thinking of ozkansas? (I believe that's Fester's TT map)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »
The pre-AH2 Ozkansas map was probably the best one I ever played on in AH. The transition to AH2 tiles and subsequent revision of the map did not equal the original. Not even close IMO.

The original cool blue water, the wood decked cvs, dirt landing strips, totally custom bases, palm trees, sandy beaches, a battle ship row, resupply barges, mini-tanktowns between GV bases. It only lasted a few months that way but it was a truly outstanding map.

On the historical note, 13th TAS commissioned Fester to make OzKansas in honor of a player that used that handle. His name was Charles Erickson, a truly great guy and a 13th TAS member. The basic idea was for a carrier-centric map that would allow the landgrabbers to landgrab while providing more than the usual opportunity for CV battles. At that time many furballers thought CV battles were the best action on any map. OZ had more CV's/Ports than any other map by far.

The map did have caricature; it was visually unlike any other. Beyond that, it had excellent CV actions as well.

Just a fond memory now.

Like Charlie Erickson who passed on at 1625 on December 30, 2003. God grant you eternal happiness Charlie. I still remember.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »
Was taken out ~7 years ago.
I swear I've seen it not that long ago. Any reason why Lunch?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:36:36 PM »
I swear I've seen it not that long ago. Any reason why Lunch?

FesterMA was taken out of the game along with ALL large maps at that time - it was when the arena split happened.
Only a year later large maps were reintroduced in general with the appearance of Titanic Tuesday. But by then we also had terrain updates, and many maps weren't updated over time (not just large ones).

The rotation we currently have has been quite stable for years now. The last map to be added before CraterMa was Grinder, if I recall correctly (too lazy to look it up) early in 2011. Trinity was removed last fall with CraterMA stepping in soon after that.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:39:06 PM by Lusche »