Author Topic: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
(...) But then again maybe I would still be in H2H if it hadn't closed?  :lol

Wouldn't hurt to have H2H back again though.

I would be very surprised if HTC hadn't checked how many H2H players actually opened a paying account at some point, before taking it down ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 10:51:31 AM »
So what about spending some cash on ads on history CH or something, you have to spend money to make it, all the upgrades are good but if there are no players then what for?

I fly in Aussie time and its dead, no fight and the guys on are good but its a big map with nothing going on, so maybe its time to spend some money on SEO and rank for flight sims or pay for ads either way it can only improve the game.

I know half the roster when i fly is just people sitting in waiting for a reset they are not on, so if we cant get new players then at least kick off people that afk for days hoping for some piss ant points on a reset as when i fly the ENY is bizarre , no players but teams cant fly with towers full of AFK sweetheart bags.

Do both and make some cash before its all over hitech.
BTW more people in Aussies/ NZ time would make the games better, cant stand playing in US time way to many tools for my liking!  :x

Maybe if you guys had a Boomerang and a Dap Beaufighter  more of you might play :)

:banana:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »

I would be very surprised if HTC hadn't checked how many H2H players actually opened a paying account at some point, before taking it down ;)

Then again if I had no H2H I wouldn't be talking to you on this forum right now, what do the stats say about the closing of h2h?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
put some more shrimps on the barbie.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

I'm not sure you can track that in any reliable form, but who knows  :noid

my 2 cents would be to extend the trial to a month, and package the game for steam.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
what do the stats say about the closing of h2h?

Nothing, as those kind of stats that would allow an assesment are not available to the public. Business stuff, ya know...  :old:

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
Do both and make some cash before its all over hitech.
BTW more people in Aussies/ NZ time would make the games better, cant stand playing in US time way to many tools for my liking!

Well insulting 9/10'ths of the player base by your 4'th post sounds like a fine way to change things for the better.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »
Maybe we should all try to be nicer to new players.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
Not sure if the History Channel has become to big for its' own britches, i.e. cost to advertise there too high???

But, the Military Channel, I would take a leap of faith and say probably isn't as expensive and it probably gears toward ppl who will stick around longer than a few months. Also, the Pentagon Channel might be a good one to explore for HT, assuming he hasn't already done so...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:15:55 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
I have no idea where HTC stands on getting new players, but I would assume recruiting is important.  I think one of the best recruiting tools they have would be current players encouraging people to give it a try.  Maybe an incentive for signing folks up would help.  Its one of the oldest recruiting methods around.  If that doesn't work, we move on to conscription.
AMAX  in game

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
I have no idea where HTC stands on getting new players, but I would assume recruiting is important.  I think one of the best recruiting tools they have would be current players encouraging people to give it a try.

I have shown AH to many people over the years. No one ever had the slightest interest on even trying it out. The most frequently given reasons given were

- Generally no interest in the topic of ww2 airplanes or simulations overall
- No joystick (I'm the only gamer I personally know who has one) and not wanting to put that much time into learning how to fly
- Graphics (almost always the first reaction - "Is that a modern game? It looks so outdated...")
- Cost ("Wait... you say it is NOT free??")

One friend of mine was generally interested, but said he didn't want to end up like me...  :uhoh   (I'm not kidding :( )

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 04:22:46 PM »
Who are you to insult. The only tool is you. Not Hitechs fault if no one in Australia likes WW2 plane sims.
AH was designed and implemented by an American team. American ingenuity made the game, mostly Americans play it.

I would suggest you get your m8's and talk up the game. Then have your m8's, m8's talk up the game. Called word of mouth, sells more than any advertising ever did.
 :joystick:
Wow dude ....  Things don't stop at the US border you know...We Have many people interested in WWII aviation...in fact...we can't afford all the new stuff and still have WWII aircraft used in our forces. I hear about advertising over there..but have never seen any here....
General login time = 50...maybe 60 people if lucky... by 2am we are starting to get up to 90 odd ....
Buuuut... on the other side... you get some good fights in on the right map with the smaller numbers....but that first amount is just slow and painful

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
I am going to cancel my account after the next scenario :old:

I have just been wasting money for the last year and half...18 months x $15 a month for about 25-30 hours of playing the game

:bhead I am an idiot
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
Not sure if the History Channel has become to big for its' own britches, i.e. cost to advertise there too high???

But, the Military Channel, I would take a leap of faith and say probably isn't as expensive and it probably gears toward ppl who will stick around longer than a few months. Also, the Pentagon Channel might be a good one to explore for HT, assuming he hasn't already done so...

Really good point, I haven't thought much about it in regards to AH advertisements, but they should probabley invest the effort/resources elsewhere (or not as much), the dynamic and audience of the history channel has changed dramaticly in the last few years.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
I am going to cancel my account after the next scenario :old:

I have just been wasting money for the last year and half...18 months x $15 a month for about 25-30 hours of playing the game

:bhead I am an idiot
Last time I saw you on there were like 300 peeps on :old:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle