Author Topic: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.  (Read 5264 times)

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:05:25 AM »
So what about spending some cash on ads on history CH or something, you have to spend money to make it, all the upgrades are good but if there are no players then what for?

I fly in Aussie time and its dead, no fight and the guys on are good but its a big map with nothing going on, so maybe its time to spend some money on SEO and rank for flight sims or pay for ads either way it can only improve the game.

I know half the roster when i fly is just people sitting in waiting for a reset they are not on, so if we cant get new players then at least kick off people that afk for days hoping for some piss ant points on a reset as when i fly the ENY is bizarre , no players but teams cant fly with towers full of AFK sweetheart bags.

Do both and make some cash before its all over hitech.
BTW more people in Aussies/ NZ time would make the games better, cant stand playing in US time way to many tools for my liking!  :x

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:59:01 AM »
I feel your pain  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:07:21 AM »
Yep logged in no fights so off to arma3 again. planes are more fun but even in a beta arma has 10 times the player and its team players, all aussies to boot! Shame but true story! Not to mention its only a once of payment for years of play, $15 a month seems cheap but once i add up FSO for 1-2 hours  every 3 weeks of a  month aces is costing beer funds for no fun MA.
Marketing matters, i can have the best product in the world but if none knows then its just aces high.
sigh

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »
Euro evening (night in australia) is barely better

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:33:35 AM »
moin

we need to geht more in game again.

i would say if the two week tral stops, the new player should be able to stay in game in a low budget variant, maybe he can fly only one fighter or bomber and is able to drive some low budget stuff. So these people will stay in game and will learn the game until thay decid to get a full mamber.
I think the 2 week free is way to short for a complex game like AH, expecialy today were these kinds of games are mostly unknown to the people.

what do you guys think would change the situation?

cu christian

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
Euro evening (night in australia) is barely better

? That's afternoon in the US, I see ~200 people on at those times. You might have to switch around to find a few fights but there still fights to be found at that time. Euro afternoon and euro morning is when the arena is dead.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
maybe there's a way to get attention on places like youtube or related historic places on internet too?
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »
maybe there's a way to get attention on places like youtube or related historic places on internet too?

SimHQ.com
PCGamer
Reddit.com (do an AMA)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »
Numbers been dropping for some time,i used to play at them times but i stopped my sub for three months (atleast) do to bad management by HTC staff. I'm sure I'm not the only one that quit because of bad game and costumer service management.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
Numbers been dropping for some time,i used to play at them times but i stopped my sub for three months (atleast) do to bad management by HTC staff. I'm sure I'm not the only one that quit because of bad game and costumer service management.
what that suppose to mean the game is fine
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
? That's afternoon in the US, I see ~200 people on at those times. You might have to switch around to find a few fights but there still fights to be found at that time. Euro afternoon and euro morning is when the arena is dead.

~200 happens at about midnight for us.
Evening numbers are more like 120-170 players.  On a large map, even that can make for some scarce activity. When I joined, the Euro evening time combat activity was about as large as now the US prime time combat activity is.

One main reason for not renewing my account were the low numbers at offpeak time. I came back to try new toys, but the numbers problem is still the same (not that I expected any different, as I was still tracking the data). I have to stay up very late at night (3-5 am) to get the same gameplay intensity that I once experienced at Euro times.

what do you guys think would change the situation?

I'm afraid there is no simple fix like 'just advertise more' or 'more eyecandy' something like that. I'd almost guess it would take some huge effort with possible a lot of changes... and I don't know if that would be even possible from HTC's side but I'm almost sure that lots of current folks would not like them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:10:05 AM by Lusche »

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:24 AM »
BTW more people in Aussies/ NZ time would make the games better, cant stand playing in US time way to many tools for my liking!  :x

Who are you to insult. The only tool is you. Not Hitechs fault if no one in Australia likes WW2 plane sims.
AH was designed and implemented by an American team. American ingenuity made the game, mostly Americans play it.

I would suggest you get your m8's and talk up the game. Then have your m8's, m8's talk up the game. Called word of mouth, sells more than any advertising ever did.
 :joystick:
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
I think this game is too difficult as a n00blet for 2 weeks trial, I know I was on off in H2H for quite some time before committing to the game? But then again maybe I would still be in H2H if it hadn't closed?  :lol

Wouldn't hurt to have H2H back again though.