Author Topic: Newest edition of IL-2 -series developed by the team behind Rise of Flight.  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
In Defense of CLOD, there is a new patch that's been out for a short while that GREATLY improves the experience.  I bought the game just to try out the patch, and I've been beyond impressed with it so far.   It's called the "Team Fusion Mod", and Simhq did a 6 page review on it a couple months back, and it's still on their front page.  If you're bored and looking for a really impressive single player WW2 game, it has a lot to offer you IMO.   Does it replace AH2, absolutely not, but every now and then I want to play a campaign style game or setup some massive intercepts etc, and it's the best thing I've found so far, even though I've been following the new IL2 Stalingrad development closely, as I'll probably switch to that.  That said, CLOD being as disappointing as it was on release, is a whole new game with the mod.  Read the review and decide yourself.  There are lots of Utube vids of the mod in action as well to check out.

edit - If you do try it out, get the Redux Campaign mod for the BoB as well, it's amazing, and really makes the battles much larger and better.  I got the game for 5$ on sale on Steam by the way as well, so for 5$, it's an incredible value IMO.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:54:14 PM by Gman »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
You can play it online too. Persistent servers with up to a hundred players.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
You can play it online too. Persistent servers with up to a hundred players.

I play on one of the ATAG servers  :old:

The Few GFC

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Il-2 Sturmovik
http://il2sturmovik.com/

"This new entry into this series will offer virtual pilots and players an even more accurate reproduction of the legendary air battles of World War II. A new, higher level of physics modeling, damage modeling and aerodynamics has been achieved. Battle of Stalingrad will include several famous aircraft that have been recreated from detailed drawings and blueprints and they will fly over the most ambitious and detailed reconstruction ever attempted in a flight-sim of the most critical battle on the Eastern Front."

:cheers:

I was going to give it it's own post and it and forgot

Ty,
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:33:38 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
One more reason I thought I would post.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
She can use my joystick anytime.   :bolt:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
She can use my joystick anytime.   :bolt:
Don't drop your bombs prematurely :old:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Those screenshots look beautiful. I really like that they don't have those annoying instagram-esque filters with the stupid vignette and everything all over them. Hopefully that won't get slapped on later.

This could be a photograph
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:11:27 AM by Motherland »

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
It's Latrobe  :O
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
That's an interesting way to get around the "no swastikas" thing. Looks a lot better than leaving the surface blank.

Incidentally, I did some reading about that recently and it appears that a couple years ago, video games HAVE been added to the list of media where depiction of the insignia is allowed by German law. I guess game developers are either not caught up on that yet, or are still being cautious.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
I need to work on my sarcasm abit I guess..  For this or that, we pay money here or pay money there.. I don't see a difference..

nop, been paying over 10 years so you can do the math lol. It is just that some guys see everything as an attack to AH and imedietly run to defend it. Some still waiting for the invite to xmash party lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
That's an interesting way to get around the "no swastikas" thing. Looks a lot better than leaving the surface blank.

Incidentally, I did some reading about that recently and it appears that a couple years ago, video games HAVE been added to the list of media where depiction of the insignia is allowed by German law. I guess game developers are either not caught up on that yet, or are still being cautious.
How about French law?

I believe the issue was both Germany and France.

I know it is not an issue in the US, UK or Canada.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile

No changes had been made to §§86 and §§86 StGB. The exceptions are still only
" shall not be applicable if the means of propaganda or the act serves to further civil enlightenment, to avert unconstitutional aims, to promote art or science, research or teaching, reporting about current historical events or similar purposes."

Computer games like Il-2 do not run under 'arts' or 'teaching' in this context.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
nop, been paying over 10 years so you can do the math lol. It is just that some guys see everything as an attack to AH and imedietly run to defend it. Some still waiting for the invite to xmash party lol.

hehe

Maybe we older subscribers (10years or more) should get our own set of skins or even a special plane...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Those screenshots look beautiful. I really like that they don't have those annoying instagram-esque filters with the stupid vignette and everything all over them. Hopefully that won't get slapped on later.

(Image removed from quote.)

This could
 be a photograph

Yes Wings of Prey with stupid opaque glass and haze :)

Forget that you cant have Narzzie things un games.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:09:31 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario