Author Topic: Newest edition of IL-2 -series developed by the team behind Rise of Flight.  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Il-2 Sturmovik - Battle of Stalingrad

http://il2sturmovik.com/

It is being developed by a new team, the 777 studios in co-operation with the 1C. It will use an updated version of the Rise of Flight's graphics engine.

I'm just waiting and seeing what is coming. Based on the little that I've studied regarding aerodynamics and flight mechanics, I really liked the Rise of Flight's flight model in general. The problem with Rise of Flight's flight model was many times the relative performance between planes. WWII aircraft are generally much better documented and it's therefore much easier to find reliable performance data for them than it is for WWI aircraft.

So far I personally like to stay just as a curious observer myself as my rig wouldn't run it anyway and I like to hear some impressions on it first.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:29:59 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
I wonder if it will still use the same flight model?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
I wonder if it will still use the same flight model?

What same flight model?
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
hmm if it has a campaign system like ROF Id have to pick this up.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Can you download this game off of the internet or do you need the cd?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
I've already seen they're using the same sales model as RoF. Spend $50 bucks on a game, and then have to buy additional aircraft.

Nope.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
I've already seen they're using the same sales model as RoF. Spend $50 bucks on a game, and then have to buy additional aircraft.

Actually it's not the same as RoF. RoF initially came with only two aircraft. Based on the info announced BoS will contain the relevant aircraft (game play-wise) that took part to the battle and La-5 and Fw190A-3 will be available as DLC for those who buy the standard game. Jason said that if the game is successful, they plan on selling other theaters of operations with all the relevant planes as expansions instead of single planes.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors

Nope.

You only have to buy additional aircraft if you wish to fly them, otherwise the planes are in the game but only controlled by the AI.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
You only have to buy additional aircraft if you wish to fly them, otherwise the planes are in the game but only controlled by the AI.

ack-ack

That's what makes it WORSE.

It's already in the game and usable by the AI, there' s no reason to make you pay extra to make it usable by the player other than as a shameless cash grab.

Jason said that if the game is successful, they plan on selling other theaters of operations with all the relevant planes as expansions instead of single planes.

This isn't as bad, if it's an actual Expansion Pack. But the model RoF used and Ack-Ack is describing is pretty much robbery.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline expat

• Silver Member
Will be buying this ,i have no problem with paying for more aircraft as they come out , we've been doing  this for years with Microsoft FS .

goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I really hope they keep the simple but extensive engine management from RoF. You could change fuel mixture and radiator settings but they were so easy to keep track of that it wasn't cumbersome. Also hoping they keep the view system from RoF. RoF with some setting changes have the same view set ups as AH which made it extremely easy to transition over from AH. Plus, you aren't useless if you don't TrackIR. Please 777 Studios...make this good.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
I've been following this for some time - with the RoF team in on this - it has potential.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
 :rofl Imagined AH looked like that. Half the people would be pooping their pants and the other half will be crying on their 2001 Dells.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp