Author Topic: Side switchers  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Side switchers
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:24 AM »
And then I die!  :salute
the trouble I get into at crabby land :bhead
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 03:57:50 AM »
I heard some people on vox last night discussing some familiar names saying how they switch sides and give info to their squaddies about ops... ect.
I stepped in to inform them that Jg5 don't care about any of that. Jg5 just likes to fly around and shoot people down. I cant blame you guys for switching sides sometimes. It's your 15 bucks to have fun with, do what you want. If somebody feels like their cheerios got pissed in, that's their problem.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:24:11 AM by Bobcat81 »
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 04:05:07 AM »
If they have issues, we have no problems going to the DA.
And if it's the fact that were shooting em down, they need to get better :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 04:46:05 AM »
:rofl

Shot down a plane last night.  Immediately get a PM, "YOURE A SIDE SWITCHER NOW!!??!"  Was I on your side before?  Yes.  Alright.  Glad we got that settled.   :)

Well I was under the impression that conversation was just between us and we agreed to be adults about it. Mr Poopy Pants :furious

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
the only reason i switch sides is because i have buddies on rook and knights and want to fly with them once and awhile  :bolt:
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
the 12 hour rule sucks... these days fights dissolve in minutes as the horde twits encounter resistance, or simply log off to wait until undefended bases are available again....  go back to the one hour change so we can find fights when we find time to play!!!   

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »
Don't blame me when I do it.  My squad (Arabian Knights) switches sides every month on a regular schedule.  Personally I'd rather we choose one side but this is a long standing squad policy and tradition.  

So I guess we have no loyalty to any particular chess piece.  :uhoh
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 07:50:56 AM »
I never get "botched at" for switching sides...because I SUCK! I have, however, been asked to switch, by my own "team mates".  :lol  :cry

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
I have, however, been asked to switch, by my own "team mates".  :lol  :cry

Ahh, the infamous "Hey n00b, type .country 1 in the chat box for powerups..."  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 08:06:06 AM »

Ahh, the infamous "Hey n00b, type .country 1 in the chat box for powerups..."  :noid

Oh, I wish they'd be that polite! It's more like "Hey, South52, go f*^&%#n fight for the other side!"  :lol

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
I switch sides a lot. Maybe 5 times a week (I'd do it more often if it wasn't for the 12 hour limit), because I have friends I like to fly with on the other countries or the fight is on the other front. Out of all those switches I think someone complained about me being a side switcher once, and I'm fairly certain my sarcasm detector was broken that day and he was just kidding around. Usually I'm met with "Oh Thank God you're green today!"  :lol

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
Well I was under the impression that conversation was just between us and we agreed to be adults about it. Mr Poopy Pants :furious

:rofl

It wasn't you, Isweatagawd!  Had it been, vox would have lit up with an Appalachian version of zach1234's war cry.   :neener:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
Don't blame me when I do it.  My squad (Arabian Knights) switches sides every month on a regular schedule.  Personally I'd rather we choose one side but this is a long standing squad policy and tradition.  

So I guess we have no loyalty to any particular chess piece.  :uhoh
Unlike Fulcrum, I like the AK rotation. Your enemies become friends one a month. You get to fight with and against everyone throughout the year.  I however look at AH as a bunch of friends taking sides for some thanksgiving touch football. Friendly rivalry of ok, but when you don't rotate ever, it gets less friendly over time. 

My only beef is when someone switches sides and returns to the same fight with the sole purpose of ruining it. Example.  M3 waiting with troops and you switch sides just to kill the m3. Kind of lame really.

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 10:09:11 AM »
Unlike Fulcrum, I like the AK rotation. Your enemies become friends one a month. You get to fight with and against everyone throughout the year.  I however look at AH as a bunch of friends taking sides for some thanksgiving touch football. Friendly rivalry of ok, but when you don't rotate ever, it gets less friendly over time.  

My only beef is when someone switches sides and returns to the same fight with the sole purpose of ruining it. Example.  M3 waiting with troops and you switch sides just to kill the m3. Kind of lame really.

I did not say I dislike the rotation policy and I agree you get the chance to meet and interact with all sides of the AH community.  

I do think, however, that there is something to be said for good old fashioned Chess Piece Patriotism.   Side switching, no matter if its done as a tradition / policy of a squad or for short term personal gain, reduces the competitive feeling associated with being part of a "side".  

At times I personally miss having that "We are the <fill-in-the-blank>.  We are right and you are just SOOOOOO WRONG.  Oh, and you stink too!" attitude.   ;)

BTW.... Go Rooks!!    :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:10:52 AM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
I don't understand the negative stigmatism that side switchers have

They should be able to switch sides in baseball and football midgame too. They did this in WW2 all the time in fact. Who won the war again I forget?
-- Flying as X15 --