Author Topic: Side switchers  (Read 5486 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: Side switchers
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »
This may be your interpretation of defending, but it is not for the majority of those who switch sides to find some action that is conducive to their style!
Here's a clue:  Most of he folks who switch sides do it for 1 reason and 1 reason only.
To find the most amount of "red guys", with the least amount of "Green guys" in the shortest amount of time, and for the longest duration possible.
It is that simple, also I might add the mere act of these folks switching sides and finding the "most amount of red guys" is an act of defending on its own merit and should not be discounted as " not defending " whether their intent is to defend or not  :aok

Without side switchers this game would be an abysmal bore!

All HAIL side switchers!!!!  Hazaa, Hazaa, Hazaa!!   :x

:cheers:

JUGgler

I will disagree with you on this one.  There are notable exceptions, but from what I have seen over the years, it is opposite of what you stated.  Many of the side switchers I see are pickers who are looking for a large group of green so they can boom and zoom the red in obscurity.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
I will disagree with you on this one.  There are notable exceptions, but from what I have seen over the years, it is opposite of what you stated.  Many of the side switchers I see are pickers who are looking for a large group of green so they can boom and zoom the red in obscurity.

Fred

Many if not most of the country loyal I see are hordelings who are staying in their large group of green in spite of the fact their country outnumbers the other two and is rolling unopposed.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
no, it isnt.  most of the people who switch couldnt care less who wins a map or not, they just want to furball and get kills.  there's a portion that just switch to run with whoever is hording at the time when they can switch. side switchers are less likely to defend a base or attack one, to some this means nothing as they will easily switch and be on the other side and be the attackers, if it is convenient to them.  they're less likely to resupply or bring bombers or goons unless trying to pad for "score".

Not to be rude, but and? Do you think they will change their style of play if they were stuck on one side forever?  

what holds the game together are those who dont switch or squads that will stay in one country for a month.  they're the ones who create these fights when attacking other bases. side switchers just take advantage of them.

side switchers are only good for a few things in the game:   the constant whines about how they cant switch due to the time limit. and the lack of "good fights", meaning they want something started for them instead of creating it themselves.  and another "I switch to balance the sides" bs they're usually talking about.

As I said before, I started out Nit, and stayed there for many years.  Side switchers are part of the game IMHO.  Everyone plays differently.  Wishing to banish side switchers is like trying to ban the Alt monkey 1 pass haul (well you know) crowd.  Leave them be...

[/quote]
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
Not to be rude, but and? Do you think they will change their style of play if they were stuck on one side forever?  

As I said before, I started out Nit, and stayed there for many years.  Side switchers are part of the game IMHO.  Everyone plays differently.  Wishing to banish side switchers is like trying to ban the Alt monkey 1 pass haul (well you know) crowd.  Leave them be...

nope.  but I laugh at the "holier than thou" attitude of some players  to justify their switching.  I used to switch sides often a few years back along with a few others as a group.  and we switched for one reason and one reason only, to get more kills.  I know others who do the same thing for the same reason.  and it wasnt because we werent getting kills in whichever country we were in but because we wanted more.

I dont really care that they switch, I just wish they were honest enough to drop the "help the low side" bs.  game allows switching and that's cool if you want to do it, but dont pretend you are the "knight in shiny armor" helping the low side.  I find that laughable.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »
Many if not most of the country loyal I see are hordelings who are staying in their large group of green in spite of the fact their country outnumbers the other two and is rolling unopposed.

Wiley.

I guess I need to be clear about something.  I could care less who switches, why, or how long the time limit is.  But it is what it is, and I will also disagree with you.  Most who stay on one country have built friendships and wish to stay where they are because of those friendships.  Most players stay on one country through thick and thin, that is when they have the numbers and when they don't.  Many of the side switchers, with notable exceptions, go and do what I stated above.  That is at least my observations.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »
I wish they'd allow side switching more frequently, esp at late hours when the player base is thin.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
I've never based an AH friendship on a chess piece affiliation. I've friends on all sides of the MA map. My squad is 'mercenary.' We bring the 'U.S. Navy' with us.  ;)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
I wish they'd allow side switching more frequently, esp at late hours when the player base is thin.
last night I switched to knight and found not a single fight.
Instead of bombing, I just logged and went to bed :o
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
last night I switched to knight and found not a single fight.

;)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »
 Many of the side switchers I see are pickers who are looking for a large group of green so they can boom and zoom the red in obscurity.

This doesn't make much sense. If you switch "for the kills" you are looking for large amount of enemies, to a blob of green to compete with.
Generally base takers / country loyal 'war winners' (which is not meant derogatively) are much more inclined to fly in blobs, as they don't care much about kills but want to get the job done. For which numerical superiority is a huge asset.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
I dont really care that they switch, I just wish they were honest enough to drop the "help the low side" bs.  game allows switching and that's cool if you want to do it, but dont pretend you are the "knight in shiny armor" helping the low side.  I find that laughable.
semp

But the net effect is the same.  Switching sides to get more kills means going where there are more red guys, and fewer greens.  You don't get more kills playing seagull with the other 15 green guys going after the lone bandit.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

This doesn't make much sense. If you switch "for the kills" you are looking for large amount of enemies, to a blob of green to compete with.
Generally base takers / country loyal 'war winners' (which is not meant derogatively) are much more inclined to fly in blobs, as they don't care much about kills but want to get the job done. For which numerical superiority is a huge asset.

Who says they are switching solely for the kills?  That is one reason, the other may be so there is little risk to them getting killed while they rack a few up. I have said twice that there are notable exceptions, but in my observations I do not find it the rule where people who are side switching are flying into and against the Hoarde.

Fred

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
But the net effect is the same.  Switching sides to get more kills means going where there are more red guys, and fewer greens.  You don't get more kills playing seagull with the other 15 green guys going after the lone bandit.

Wiley.

You do when your game is picking.  I can't tell you how many times I have been on a con, only to have one of these wonder boys come from 15,000 and clear my 12.

Fred

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 02:05:59 PM »
I do not find it the rule where people who are side switching are flying into and against the Hoarde.

Fred

I've seldom found it the exception, in my experience. My entire squad practices the 'take the underdogs side in the MA' mentality whenever the individual switch clocks allow (alas, it's not always easy when one or two of them have already done so an hour or two ago).

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-