Author Topic: $1.08/Hour and Rising  (Read 9272 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: $1.08/Hour and Rising
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
The Boston Tea Party happened when the British lowered the taxes on the tea imported by the East India Company to the point where the American businessmen who had been undercutting the tea prices of the East India Company, a state granted monopoly, in a black market economy.  This tax reduction was going to put them out of business.  State granted monopolies are a bad thing and taxation without representation is a bad thing, but the popular idea that the Boston Tea Party happened because taxes were raised is false.

It is true that the Boston Tea Party was not about high taxes or prices.  It was about taxation without representation, the power of Parliament over the colonies, and making colonial officials independent of colonial influence.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
All these documented haters.

Yeah, and after ww2, both England and France had most of their colonies, including the stolen ones from germany, declare independence from them - Just like America once did.  All the world sided with USA or USSR after ww2. England and France were bankrupt.

Check 'the louisiana purchase' - France just sold the middle 1/3rd of America to America, unlike England that got kicked out!
We're talking about the American Revolutionary War' - usa vs england.
Was a battle at a place called Saratoga.
Ships have been named after it ever since, including CVs - two of them
USS Saratoga
Also, STAR TREK, the STARSHIP USS SARATOGA, like the ENTERPRISE.
One was destroyed at the Battle of Wolf359 vs the BORG.
USA never forgetting kicking England's flag off the continent.

Eisenhower was too Churchill's boss.
Example: Same exact time as D-day, there was 'Opperation Anvil,' USA said to do an attack on occupied France from the south side, from in the mediteranian. But Churchill wanted the invasion to only come from England, so all he could do is insist that the opperation be renamed 'Dragoon' because he so disagreed with it. Geographistt! LOL!  According to the movie Redtailss, LOL, this is where two p51s, with African American pilots, destroyed a whole luftwaffe airbase. Whateva!

The 177 was just fine after its rushed delivery teething stage, the first 200 had probs, the. Next 1000 only had USA's "arsenal of democracry' probs. It should be in the game. And it even saw combat, unlike the spit16 and British jet. Why don't you go bump that 177 thread mr hater karnak.

Why can't we get bugs fixed that help the Luftwaffe?  Well, mr hater karnak? <--- directly related to the topic of this thread.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:51:43 PM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
So BaldEagl was contemplating his diminishing return on his subscription... and now the topic of debate is the American revolutionary war and Star Trek?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
And a bunch of English soldiers.surrendering at Saratoga!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saratoga

The bugs list is why some luft players feel neglected.
Lose hope, and log out to go play some other game.
Mr hater karnak won't allow any luftwaffe bugs to be fixed so he drags a bunch of lies into it instead.
And hence, difficulty staying on topic.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »
All these documented haters.

Yeah, and after ww2, both England and France had most of their colonies declare independence from them. Just like America once did.  All the world sided with USA or USSR after ww2. England and France were bankrupt.

Check 'the louisiana purchase' - France just sold the middle 1/3rd of America to America, unlike England that got kicked out!
We're talking about the American Revolutionary War' - usa vs england.
Was a battle at a place called Saratoga.
Ships have been named after it ever since, including CVs - two of them
USS Saratoga
Also, STAR TREK, the STARSHIP USS SARATOGA, like the ENTERPRISE.
One was destroyed at the Battle of Wolf359 vs the BORG.
USA never forgetting kicking England's flag off the continent.

Eisenhower was too Churchill's boss.
Example: Same exact time as D-day, there was 'Opperation Anvil,' USA said to do an attack on occupied France from the south side, from in the mediteranian. But Churchill wanted the invasion to only come from England, so all he could do is insist that the opperation be renamed 'Dragoon' because he so disagreed with it. Geographistt! LOL!  According to the movie Redtailss, LOL, this is where two p51s, with African American pilots, destroyed a whole luftwaffe airbase. Whateva!

The 177 was just fine after its rushed delivery teething stage, the first 200 had probs, the. Next 1000 only had USA's "arsenal of democracry' probs. It should be in the game. And it even saw combat, unlike the spit16 and British jet. Why don't you go bump that 177 thread mr hater karnak.

Why can't we get bugs fixed that help the Luftwaffe?  Well, mr hater karnak? <--- directly related to the topic of this thread.

The more you type the dumber you come across. If you want all planes to fly the same I'm sure there is an arcade in a mall near you. Of course that would require you removing your homemade tinfoil helmet and being exposed to alien mind control and the IRS.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
I didn't say I wanted all the planes the same, said I would like some luft plane bugs fixed.
They fixed the stukas up, I like them, amo is a lil weak for an air to air game, but I like them.

Excuse me, but I have to go get fuel for my car.
Thinking to go to one of those 1776 (spirit of) gas stations!  ;)
Maybe a BP since I'm sure lots of English-Americans fought for USAs side in the Revolutionary war also.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:09:56 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
I like them, amo is a lil weak for an air to air game

I'm sure it was 'a lil weak' for real combat, too.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
I didn't say I wanted all the planes the same, said I would like some luft plane bugs fixed.
They fixed the stukas up, I like them, amo is a lil weak for an air to air game, but I like them.

Excuse me, but I have to go get fuel for my car.
Thinking to go to one of those 1776 (spirit of) gas stations!  ;)
Maybe a BP since I'm sure lots of English-Americans fought for USAs side in the Revolutionary war also.

Englishmen did fight for the Americans, hundreds of British Army defectors alone. American born of English ancestry fought the English. So what do you consider English-American?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »
So BaldEagl was contemplating his diminishing return on his subscription... and now the topic of debate is the American revolutionary war and Star Trek?

"Ay plegli ianectu flaggen, tupep like for stahn –"

"And to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
Franz says I hate the Luftwaffe, yet I never rant about the Germans or the Luftwaffe.  Franz insists he has nothing against the British, then posts rant after uneducated anti-British rant.....

Hmmmm.

Makes you wonder.

I actually work for a German company.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

"Ay plegli ianectu flaggen, tupep like for stahn –"

"And to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"under God" ... That always bugs me. Those two words were added to the pledge in the late '40's - early '50s by religious zealots.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
I flew in LW squads in the old CT (now AvA). I'm sure I've flown hundreds if not thousands of hours in them. I think I would have noticed all these bugs. The truth is they have strengths and weaknesses like any other plane and if you don't fly them to their strengths you won't have much success. Of course I also flew with Storch ( before menopause) and all he did was squeak about them, but he sucked in everything he flew. Sadly his mouth didn't make up for his short comings.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2013, 07:07:46 PM »
I actually work for a German company.

Not for long, if they find out about your 20k posts of anti-german hate!  :old:

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
"under God" ... That always bugs me. Those two words were added to the pledge in the late '40's - early '50s by religious zealots.

Roddenberry is no longer available for comment.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
Oh I don't know... If I can find the right psychic maybe he'll take a message.