Author Topic: P-63 KingCobra......again  (Read 33570 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-63 KingCobra......again
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »
Problem is HTC is the one who adds the aircraft, he has no order - at least from what I've seen over the years. There is a small trend, anytime there is a voting it seems the top winners get added in game, other then that - we can cry all we want about what deserves or wants to be added in game - he chooses himself.

There's a fair bit of contradiction in your post. You state he has no order then you say when players vote Hitech listens and adds the top winners then you say he just plain adds what he wants to add (as if the wishlist [added to the forum by Hitech/HTC] serves no true function).

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »
There's a fair bit of contradiction in your post. You state he has no order then you say when players vote Hitech listens and adds the top winners then you say he just plain adds what he wants to add (as if the wishlist [added to the forum by Hitech/HTC] serves no true function).

there is no contradiction in my post. What is on the vote list he adds (as I said) However there is NO TREND on what he adds otherwise. P-40 upgrades? La upgrades? I don't remember those threads to much. Perhaps there were a thread or two over the years, but nothing like the large following some aircrafts have.

JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
there is no contradiction in my post. What is on the vote list he adds (as I said) However there is NO TREND on what he adds otherwise. P-40 upgrades? La upgrades? I don't remember those threads to much. Perhaps there were a thread or two over the years, but nothing like the large following some aircraft have.

You said he only adds what he wants, how he wants, when he wants then you said that he adds the top selections of a player vote.

Neither you nor I are privy to the inner workings of HT's thought process when it comes to new additions
or upgrades. We both may have our suspicions. I suspect he pays closer attention to the wishlist than
you may think. I also suspect that if we watch what each patch delivers we may find a correlation or
two. But then ... that's my take.  :)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
the P-63 would likely get some serious useage in the Late War arena
Negative.  Neither it nor the Meteor would see all that much usage in the MA as they will both be perked.

Per Widewing's posts the P-63 does about 385 on the deck, climbs at over 5,000fpm and turns far, far better than the La-7.  If you don't think that'll be perked I don't know what to say.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
Negative.  Neither it nor the Meteor would see all that much usage in the MA as they will both be perked.

Per Widewing's posts the P-63 does about 385 on the deck, climbs at over 5,000fpm and turns far, far better than the La-7.  If you don't think that'll be perked I don't know what to say.

Look at all the perk planes, they do get used even the 262 which is the most perked priced aircraft.
JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »
Look at all the perk planes, they do get used even the 262 which is the most perked priced aircraft.

Not as much as the un-perked ones, which is the point, it seems. If the argument centers on focusing
on toys that would be used more in the MA then recommending planes that will, without a doubt, be
perked isn't the draw to the MA/cash-cow part of the game one may pretend it to be. A high
perk plane is merely a part-time hangar queen for the general masses.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:08:46 PM by Arlo »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »

You want to see what having a plane having a perk price does? Unperk the F4U-4 and enjoy.

In fact if the P-63 is ever added without a perk, I will be lobbying HARD for an unperked -4.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:45 PM »
There are a number of planes that could be added that will see more MA use than the P-63 simply due to the perk cost.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
Shooting at Jeeps  :rofl
Why did the Japanese have all these planes then and do the attacking they did? Oh that's right at this point they were the new French Flag waivers :aok
http://www.j-aircraft.com/research/joe_brennan/order_of_battle.htm

Been sittin here watching you argue all morning.....   what happened did Flame warrior go down?

I liked the part where you say you have worked so hard on the scenarios  :rofl     Care to tell me your shade?

Go away Ar,  :aok

Don't feed Him.... your finding out... the best thing to do is avoid Ar... he's like sand in your underware.  :eek:

But I digress :lol
1 more thing Ar, I would be happy to put my list against yours or Karnaks in a vote in the MA   any day.... Why would I win? Because its what folks want. 98% of them. ;)

My List.. In the order I would like of course,  :aok

D520
CaC-13
P-51 <MkI, MkIa>
A-36
P-63
Hs-129
A-20G-1
A-26B/C

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:48:18 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
Shooting at Jeeps  :rofl
Why did the Japanese have all these planes then and do the attacking they did? Oh that's right at this point they were the new French Flag waivers :aok
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/pages/ww2/

Been sittin here watching you argue all morning.....   what happened did Flame warrior go down?

I liked the part where you say you have worked so hard on the scenarios  :rofl     Care to tell me your shade?

Go away Ar,  :aok

Don't feed Him.... your finding out... the best thing to do is avoid Ar... he's like sand in your underware.  :eek:

But I digress :lol
1 more thing Ar, I would be happy to put my list against yours or Karnaks in a vote in the MA   any day.... Why would I win? Because its what folks want. 98% of them. ;)

My List.. In the order I would like of course,  :aok

D520
CaC-13
P-51 <MkI, Mk1a>
A-36
P-63
Hs-129
A-20G-1
A-26B/C

:cheers:

You woke up (watching all morning - you don't have the resistance [ptp], my friend). You forgot your meds again. You don't want to engage me, you don't want others to, then you want to engage me and you have a better list and you have sand in your undies. All in one post, wow. Meh. Promote your list. Who ever wanted to stop you? I've not only promoted a list but mine is actually tweaked from other players/forum members input.  :D

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »
You want to see what having a plane having a perk price does? Unperk the F4U-4 and enjoy.

In fact if the P-63 is ever added without a perk, I will be lobbying HARD for an unperked -4.

The P-63 will be perked of course, I think it falls along somewhere in the F4u-4 area in price. It won't be added WITHOUT perks, and don't think the f4u-4 will ever be unperked.

There are a number of planes that could be added that will see more MA use than the P-63 simply due to the perk cost.

Yes I can name 7 off top of my head too, however I see no actual argument that makes any sense to why the P-63 should not be added in game at some point. Every argument is "It shouldnt be added DERP! My reason is....... none?"
Maybe some people don't spend perks, maybe we need to start perking some planes just so we can actually force people to use the perks they earned. (51 with thousand lb bombs has been my argument from day one).

I see no opinion or argument that reverses my opinion on the P-63 and I have no interest in seeing the P-63 added in game. I am just defending the fact it served in combat and in squadron strength, it meets the criteria regardless of Perk price or anything else.
If anyone bothers to ever read any of my other forum posts, they would know I will lobby anything historical first without question, in fact I much rather EW or MW rides before anything else, I have no country in which I lean towards either so I cannot be a fanboy of any country.
I don't lean on Tanks or Aircrafts, but I try to see both sides of the case and go with my opinion, which still stands the P-63 should be added eventually with a perk cost.

JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
Meg,

Most people in the MA are clueless about what they are voting for.  I ascribe much more to HiTech's philosophy, give the player what they want, not what they ask for.

Players will quite happily vote their game into mediocrity because most never stop to think of consequences beyond "This would be COOL!  I could shoot people down so much better if X!" without ever considering the impact that "X" will have on the game and themselves.

For what it is worth, I could easily create a list that would be voted for over yours.  You have way to much non-American stuff on your list to win.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
You woke up (watching all morning - you don't have the resistance [ptp], my friend). You forgot your meds again. You don't want to engage me, you don't want others to, then you want to engage me and you have a better list and you have sand in your undies. All in one post, wow. Meh. Promote your list. Who ever wanted to stop you? I've not only promoted a list but mine is actually tweaked from other players/forum members input.  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

You know this is really disrespectful to go spam in every thread, sorry to say.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:54:49 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2013, 12:51:13 PM »
You woke up (watching all morning - you don't have the resistance [ptp], my friend). You forgot your meds again. You don't want to engage me, you don't want others to, then you want to engage me and you have a better list and you have sand in your undies. All in one post, wow. Meh. Promote your list. Who ever wanted to stop you? I've not only promoted a list but mine is actually tweaked from other players/forum members input.  :D

what a spam clown :aok   shaking out the sand
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

what a spam clown :aok   shaking out the sand

Blame my 'shade.' He got caught up in a dose of promoting a scenario.  :D