Author Topic: P-63 KingCobra......again  (Read 33585 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: P-63 KingCobra......again
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »
Or it could be luck, given the number of requests that don't get added. I've had some requests added, actually, but I don't pretend that I had a significant effect on HTC's decision.

In fact, especially with these types of planes, I really don't  think our threads have much any effect on when they're added. The P-63 is clearly going to be one of the last things added, so right now you're essentially just saying "hey, this thing exists, and we might get it years from now. Just FYI.".
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
In fact, especially with these types of planes, I really don't  think our threads have much any effect on when they're added. The P-63 is clearly going to be one of the last things added, so right now you're essentially just saying "hey, this thing exists, and we might get it years from now. Just FYI.".

I don't think these threads do either, but they are quite fun to comment on especially when you learn new things - for example Megalodon got me to open my books again on August Storm which I plan on reading after I finish "The Mighty 8th".
I am not essentially saying anything other then "Hey look, P-63 served in combat, it can be added - here's some details!"

/btw I am going to laugh if it does get added in 2 weeks, however reality is my average wish takes 2-4 years :)
JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »
You even believe yourself........ remember those are your statements.  :aok

Of course I was putting words in your mouth. Better words than you were putting in your own (or mine, for that matter).
It took you a while to get it ... and yet you didn't really get it. That was you 'all grown up.' If you're dead set against that
.... well .... I'm sure you'll blame me.  ;)

Ar, this isn't even fun pummeling you anymore. Your not very witty and your not very humorous either..... what are you going to do next?

Holiday Inn? Disneyland? Donald Trump?

Musta been a 'French pummeling.'  :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:52:25 PM by Arlo »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:37 PM »
btw I am going to laugh if it does get added in 2 weeks, however reality is my average wish takes 2-4 years :)

That kind of implies your wishing is what gets out added. That or you just happen to want stuff we're getting in a few years, in the order we get it. Both are rather unlikely.

In either case, I'd be astonished if we got it within the next 6 years. It honestly servers no purpose other than as a über LW perk plane that will see relatively little use, and be used timidly.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2013, 08:55:59 AM »
That kind of implies your wishing is what gets out added. That or you just happen to want stuff we're getting in a few years, in the order we get it. Both are rather unlikely.

In either case, I'd be astonished if we got it within the next 6 years. It honestly servers no purpose other than as a über LW perk plane that will see relatively little use, and be used timidly.

Again there is nothing Uber about a P-63. It has a lousy gun package for dog fighting. It may not even have to be perked. It will have a regular number of loyal users because they are fans of the plane, as they are of the P-39, not because it will make them unstopable in the MA.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2013, 08:59:57 AM »
Again there is nothing Uber about a P-63. It has a lousy gun package for dog fighting. It may not even have to be perked. It will have a regular number of loyal users because they are fans of the plane, as they are of the P-39, not because it will make them unstopable in the MA.

Agreed, by the stats alone its got an awesome climb rate, decent speed on the deck otherwise its another P-39. 10 ENY or so?
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
Agreed, by the stats alone its got an awesome climb rate, decent speed on the deck otherwise its another P-39. 10 ENY or so?
384mph is decent?  Yeesh.

On the deck it is faster than any piston fighter in the game save the Tempest which is a whole 2mph faster, it climbs better than any other piston fighter in the game and it would out turn an La-7 or Spitfire Mk XIV with ease.  I don't care that it has a lousy gun package, with performance like that it can easily put that lousy gun package where it needs to be to get the job done.

If they add the P-63 and perk it I won't cheer, but so be it.

If they add the P-63 and don't perk it I will cancel my account as there would be no reason to even try to fly something like the Mossie in the game anymore.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »
If they add the P-63 and don't perk it I will cancel my account as there would be no reason to even try to fly something like the Mossie in the game anymore.

I haven't even see the specifications or stats on the P-63 yet, only what goes in the forum and I take that with a grain of salt and guessing at the ENY from it.

Can you direct me where it out turns an La7, climbs 5k a minute?
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
I haven't even see the specifications or stats on the P-63 yet, only what goes in the forum and I take that with a grain of salt and guessing at the ENY from it.

Can you direct me where it out turns an La7, climbs 5k a minute?

Here is one place Widewing posted about it.  He posted more recently too, but I couldn't find that one.
Considering that the P-63A was really a mid-war fighter (1943), it would offer fearsome low to medium altitude performance that would be great fun in Aces High... Check out this chart. The La-7 will have met its match. 384 mph at sea level with water injection.... Add to that a 5,000 fpm climb rate at sea level, 4,750 fpm at 5k... With a lower wing loading than the P-39Q, it should turn well too.

(Image removed from quote.)

Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »
Here is one place Widewing posted about it.  He posted more recently too, but I couldn't find that one.

Weird only thing I see is 410mph top speed with 2500ft climb rate, but I'm sick right now and really not going to spend the day looking up info on the P-63C, these might be the stats for the P-63A.

Pretty sure widewing has the info, that would be amazing for a 1943 fighter, why hell we didn't use it? Must of been the range im guessing?
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
Weird only thing I see is 410mph top speed with 2500ft climb rate, but I'm sick right now and really not going to spend the day looking up info on the P-63C, these might be the stats for the P-63A.

Pretty sure widewing has the info, that would be amazing for a 1943 fighter, why hell we didn't use it? Must of been the range im guessing?
Yup, 600ish mile range meant we really didn't have a use for it.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

And you're not even a newb!
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline antler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »
And you're not even a newb!
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

you would know!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2013, 09:42:48 PM »