Author Topic: Hi Tech Decision on P-63  (Read 6105 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Hi Tech Decision on P-63
« on: September 03, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
 :airplane: As anyone can see, with over 400 responses to the original post, there is a great deal of intrest in having the P-63 in the Aces High stable. How about it Hi Tech, with some in the game already that is not being used much, maybe the 63 would be used a good deal more than what is here.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Hi Tech Decision on P-63
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
+1

:aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
HTC doesn't respond to such threads.  There is a Beaufighter thread and a Whirlwind thread that are much longer and no comment, beyond the Beaufighter being on the last poll, on either has been made by HTC.

Even when a requested aircraft or tank is added nobody knows if the requesting of it had any influence on it being added or if HTC had added it completely independently of what people on the BB posted.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »
HTC doesn't respond to such threads.  There is a Beaufighter thread and a Whirlwind thread that are much longer and no comment, beyond the Beaufighter being on the last poll, on either has been made by HTC.

Even when a requested aircraft or tank is added nobody knows if the requesting of it had any influence on it being added or if HTC had added it completely independently of what people on the BB posted.
:airplane: I understand Hi Tech's attitude about requests, but if you don't ask, you will never know, and I bet that I won't get a entry in my personell file for asking!  :neener:

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »

Beaufighter made it to the poll, that is the response the community wnated. It didn't win. It will probably be on the next poll. All we are asking is to put the P-63 in the poll.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »
Beaufighter made it to the poll, that is the response the community wnated. It didn't win. It will probably be on the next poll. All we are asking is to put the P-63 in the poll.
If the P-63 is in the poll the only things that might contend with it are the A-26 and the M26.  Unless you want a poll of those three it is pointless to even bother with a poll containing those units.  These are things that ought to be added without a poll when HTC determines it is time.  Polls ought to be used to for the community to pick something when the outcome is uncertain.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:07 PM »
:airplane: As anyone can see, with over 400 responses to the original post, there is a great deal of intrest in having the P-63 in the Aces High stable. How about it Hi Tech, with some in the game already that is not being used much, maybe the 63 would be used a good deal more than what is here.

I don't see the overwhelming interest in having it immediately added to the a/c list that you do, Earl.

400 responses of various kinds (many of which are from the same members, many of which include the
opinion that it's nowhere near the time to model it, many of which have nothing to do with the P-63)
doesn't indicate 400 wants.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
P-63 generated alot of buzz, which is interesting because other aircraft like the G.55 and Re.2005 I couldn't get more then 1 page of comments on it.

Mainly because the P-63 has some stellar stats, where the other aircraft I post don't have much.
JG 52

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
I don't see the overwhelming interest in having it immediately added to the a/c list that you do, Earl.

400 responses of various kinds (many of which are from the same members, many of which include the
opinion that it's nowhere near the time to model it, many of which have nothing to do with the P-63)
:bhead Wasn't saying we have 400 responses in the positive for wanting the P-63, what I am saying is this: I might see 1 P-39 every 2 or 3 days, and sometimes a week goes by without seeing one, so why not discontinue the use of that aircraft and put something in its place that people will use?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
so why not discontinue the use of that aircraft and put something in its place that people will use?

Why in the world you would remove a plane from AH??  Just becasue it's -in your eyes - not 'popular' enough :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »

indeed. The OP is clearly skewing the facts here.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
:bhead Wasn't saying we have 400 responses in the positive for wanting the P-63, what I am saying is this: I might see 1 P-39 every 2 or 3 days, and sometimes a week goes by without seeing one, so why not discontinue the use of that aircraft and put something in its place that people will use?

Yeah, I am sure that would make those pilots who do like it pretty happy campers and thereby supporters for your idea of what planes others should be flying. Why don't you make a list of every plane you are willing to do without for your list of planes you think will be enjoyed more by those who fly the game. You seem to have a much better idea of what I should fly than I do sir.  :salute

:rolleyes:

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
so why not discontinue the use of that aircraft and put something in its place that people will use?

Because in Scenarios its a must have plane for just about every theater of operation during WW2, and because its also one really fun plane to fly:

Butcher
21:23:34 Departed from Field #3 in a P-39D
21:35:16 Shot down a A6M2 flown by Tarstar.
21:35:46 Shot down a A6M2 flown by soulplne.
21:35:47 Shot down a A6M2 flown by pembquit.
21:36:07 Shot down a A6M2 flown by N1Ace.
21:37:09 Helps rob53 shoot down EmanHill.
21:37:55 Shot down a A6M2 flown by wagger.
21:38:12 Shot down a A6M2 flown by lethrnek.
21:38:27 Helps Butters shoot down oMAVRIKo.
21:39:00 Shot down a A6M2 flown by SKfgALPO.
21:39:03 Helps Daddkev shoot down Humbik.
21:39:33 Helps rob53 shoot down Snowba11.
21:40:39 Destroyed a fuel bunker at base #05
21:44:20 Destroyed a soft gun battery at base #05
21:47:21 Arrived Safely at Field #9
JG 52

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »
If the P-63 is in the poll the only things that might contend with it are the A-26 and the M26.  Unless you want a poll of those three it is pointless to even bother with a poll containing those units.  These are things that ought to be added without a poll when HTC determines it is time.  Polls ought to be used to for the community to pick something when the outcome is uncertain.

You forgot the meteor, that gets my vote

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:57 AM »
Frankly. No.

I honestly hope it's never added. Of the 400 posts on it, they all come from the same 10 or so people. Just to piss them off I hope HTC never responds and never adds it.