Author Topic: Hi Tech Decision on P-63  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hi Tech Decision on P-63
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 02:01:33 AM »
:bhead Wasn't saying we have 400 responses in the positive for wanting the P-63, what I am saying is this: I might see 1 P-39 every 2 or 3 days, and sometimes a week goes by without seeing one, so why not discontinue the use of that aircraft and put something in its place that people will use?

I have yet to go a day without at least seeing one. Hell, I see more P-39s than I see Ta 152s, despite the 152 being a far, far, far superior aircraft.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »
I honestly hope it's never added. Of the 400 posts on it, they all come from the same 10 or so people. Just to piss them off I hope HTC never responds and never adds it.

Wow.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 04:01:15 AM »
I have yet to go a day without at least seeing one. Hell, I see more P-39s than I see Ta 152s, despite the 152 being a far, far, far superior aircraft.
They are somewhat underestimated.
63 would take it to a new level
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »
Frankly. No.

I honestly hope it's never added. Of the 400 posts on it, they all come from the same 10 or so people. Just to piss them off I hope HTC never responds and never adds it.

:lol

@theCrab....I hope just because you wish this,  HT makes it so.  ;)  Will it fly like I like to fly, No.   Will lots of others have fun and fly it allot ... Yes!  Will I fly it , ..Occasionally. @end

I was just reading the one of the BoB threads. Bruv saying the last BoB that they ran was in 2008? .....so the next one rolls along in 2017? 

How much time would it take for the P-63, P-51 <MkI, Ia>, A36, A20G1, A26B/C or even ....shall I dare say it  :noid... the D.520 and Boomer, to eclipse the usage/fun/interest combined of the 111 and the 7B?

Is the Beau-fighter going to get used? Yeah, some will fly it..... will it get used in scenarios yep ...a few. Will it eclipse any of the above in MA usage ...nope <accept the 111>!

Earl how bout we replace these 2? Pick 2 above that are in the in the game? I fly the 39D around you all the time .....cycle your icons once in a while.  Many times it's my 39D taking the radar down for your incoming missions :aok

What planes could we enter into the game that the players would have more fun with, just skipping the scenario aspect altogether, but remaining with in the "shadow/pseudo" requirements of.....  seen action, squad strength and no night fighters?

And while there at it put .....the fun back in the 109F-4  :pray

Please,
 :salute
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
:lol

@theCrab....I hope just because you wish this,  HT makes it so.  ;)  Will it fly like I like to fly, No.   Will lots of others have fun and fly it allot ... Yes!  Will I fly it , ..Occasionally. @end

I was just reading the one of the BoB threads. Bruv saying the last BoB that they ran was in 2008? .....so the next one rolls along in 2017? 

How much time would it take for the P-63, P-51 <MkI, Ia>, A36, A20G1, A26B/C or even ....shall I dare say it  :noid... the D.520 and Boomer, to eclipse the usage/fun/interest combined of the 111 and the 7B?

Is the Beau-fighter going to get used? Yeah, some will fly it..... will it get used in scenarios yep ...a few. Will it eclipse any of the above in MA usage ...nope <accept the 111>!

Earl how bout we replace these 2? Pick 2 above that are in the in the game? I fly the 39D around you all the time .....cycle your icons once in a while.  Many times it's my 39D taking the radar down for your incoming missions :aok

What planes could we enter into the game that the players would have more fun with, just skipping the scenario aspect altogether, but remaining with in the "shadow/pseudo" requirements of.....  seen action, squad strength and no night fighters?

And while there at it put .....the fun back in the 109F-4  :pray

Please,
 :salute
:airplane: All I did was give Hi Tech an opportunity to respond so everyone could see where the He stands on adding the P-63! I did not advocate anything except to replace something that is not being used much, and give it a chance. I have no feelings one way or the other about who fly's what and when. I Think the intent of the post is pretty clear!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
I did not advocate anything except to replace something that is not being used much, and give it a chance.

You still have not answered why you would like to see a plane removed? What's the reasoning behind taking something away?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
I did not advocate anything except to replace something that is not being used much
There is nothing to be gained by removing/replacing an existing unit.  It isn't taking a spot that could be used for something else.  There are functionally unlimited spaces for units so we always want more added in addition to what we already have.  Taking away the P-39 is a completely unnecessary step in adding the P-63.  It would actually take HTC a little more work to replace the P-39D with the P-63 than it would to just add the P-63.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 03:44:57 PM »
You still have not answered why you would like to see a plane removed? What's the reasoning behind taking something away?
:airplane: OK, see if u can follow this logic: "you have an aircraft which, for the most part, is a "hangar queen", then why not replace it with something that maybe would be used more". Surly you see the "logic" behind that statement! You really don't have to remove it from the game, but if it is not being used, looks to me like its just taking up computer memory, which could be used for something else.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:47:18 PM by earl1937 »
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 03:47:49 PM »
:airplane: OK, see if u can follow this logic: "you have an aircraft which, for the most part, is a "hangar queen", then why not replace it with something that maybe would be used more". Surly you see the "logic" behind that statement!
But the. You take away a tool that has use in special events and that some folks fly.

That would be like saying "oh. Let's take everyone's black powder rifles and give them a modern one instead"
Id rather have the p39 than not have it.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
:airplane: All I did was give Hi Tech an opportunity to respond

I did not advocate anything except to replace something that is not being used much,

You didn't ...GIVE... HT anything.

The P-39 see's plenty of action.... go to some other planes sandbox with that scat.

:airplane: OK, see if u can follow this logic: "you have an aircraft which, for the most part, is a "hangar queen", then why not replace it with something that maybe would be used more". Surly you see the "logic" behind that statement! You really don't have to remove it from the game, but if it is not being used, looks to me like its just taking up computer memory, which could be used for something else.

No we don't  :lol

Oh Btw... isn't this writing smaller than in the game? How come you can read/see this but not the TEXT BUFFER!?

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:29:06 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
:airplane: OK, see if u can follow this logic: "you have an aircraft which, for the most part, is a "hangar queen", then why not replace it with something that maybe would be used more". Surly you see the "logic" behind that statement!

What you may perceive as a 'hangar queen' others see as a plane they want in the game, whether for MA or event purposes. Removing it doesn't serve the purpose you may think. Every plane (or vehicle, for that matter) that HTC has added is a result of both community interest and HTC's opinion of how much that plane affects play balance or is a potential asset for historical events. The hangar/arena has unlimited model potential. What HTC doesn't have is unlimited time and resources to model every single plane asked for in the wishlist (whether it gets a dozen +1s or not).

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »
No, because nothing is gained by removing it.  It isn't like a physical hangar where you only have so much space and eventually if you want a new airplane you need to get rid of one you already have.  In the computer game you can just add more and more without worrying about space to fit it all in.

The choice is not "P-39D or P-63."  It is "Add the P-63 or not?"  The existence of the P-39D has no effect on the question at all.

Put it another way, given the choice would you pick "P-63 and P-39D" or "P-63 but no P-39D"?  Even if you don't plan on using the P-39D it would be silly not to get both because two options are better than one.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 05:40:42 PM »
The P39-D is an excellent plane when the 20mm gun package is used.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »
Q.

A.
Ima idiot

Thought so.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »
:airplane: All I did was give Hi Tech an opportunity to respond so everyone could see where the He stands on adding the P-63! I did not advocate anything except to replace something that is not being used much, and give it a chance. I have no feelings one way or the other about who fly's what and when. I Think the intent of the post is pretty clear!

I do not fly that aircraft and do not care whether anyone else likes it or not, lets get rid of it so we can have an airplane I might like better!

Your intent is pretty clear sir, pretty clear indeed. It is what I call selfishness.

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.