Author Topic: Saitek X45 trouble  (Read 590 times)

Offline Drkwlf

• Zinc Member
Saitek X45 trouble
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
I am having trouble getting my Saitek X45 configured for the first time.  The joystick itself seems to work ok, for the most part, but the throttle unit is giving me nothing but trouble.  The throttle slider seems to be recognized as part of the same axis as both rudder and the regular control surfaces.  I can't figure out how to reconfigure it to another axis.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek X45 trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »
 Goto map controls,select the axis you want to map and double click on it. This will ope a window,select the proper subsection,global,flight etc. then select the contol as in your case throttle 1. then click ok,you should be good to go.

If your throttle happens to work backwards,select the axis,check advanced box,a new window will open,at top left select reverse axis.

hope that helps!

:salute

Offline Drkwlf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
This does me no good.  The only option I can select out of all the options in this window is analog inputs.  And as I said, the throttle slider does register, only it registers as axes 1, 5 and three.  moreover, it doesn't seem to register on a sliding scale, it only registers at full or no throttle.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »
You have to calibrate it. After mapping the throttle to be Analog Input Throttle 1, press calibrate axis.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drkwlf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
You have to calibrate it. After mapping the throttle to be Analog Input Throttle 1, press calibrate axis.

Also didn't change a thing.  Thanks anyway

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
 Are you sure it isnt a problem with the controller?  Did you try to calibrate it in windows?

When you are in map controllers,move the throttle,that will highlite it,select analog throttle 1 from the options,then calibrate the axis. Sometime you need to invert the axis,so check the advanced box with the axis selected and move the controller. You will see the movement in the RAW and Scaled window,they should both go all the way to top and bottom.

If the axis is inverted,the raw window will show the slider move down when you push forward on throttle,if thats the case check the box upper left to invert axis.

However check in windows to see if the throttle will calibrate and is functioning properly first.

hope that helps.

:salute

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »
I am having trouble getting my Saitek X45 configured for the first time.  The joystick itself seems to work ok, for the most part, but the throttle unit is giving me nothing but trouble.  The throttle slider seems to be recognized as part of the same axis as both rudder and the regular control surfaces.  I can't figure out how to reconfigure it to another axis.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Drkwlf....I got back onto the game after a few years away....I have a saitek x52....and reinstalled drivers and sst software from www.saitek.com. (they're free, by the way) Once I got it all loaded on the computer and figured out how to re-input all my keystrokes..it's working no problem.

I thought I was having problems with conflicts with the AH interface, but it was just re-learning the workings of the sst software interface. (latched keys.....fall back...etc. But there is a manual online that explains it)