Author Topic: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT  (Read 3243 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Re: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »
Are you trying to compare pixel bombs making pixel explosions out of pixel tanks to child molestation and bank robbery?   :huh

What do you think, Einstein ... ?

MH
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:20:36 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
I think what most people miss both air and ground is that it really is a circle of life.  The JABO bombs the GV, the plane gets shot down by a Wirbel or a fighter, the fighter gets engaged by a Wirbel or another fighter, the Wirbel gets engaged by tanks, the JABO takes out ords and more tanks, more fighters show up, throw in some buffs and a few carrier groups etc. and so on.  If you think you are not part of the food chain in the main arena because of your preferred activity, you are wrong and set up for disappointment. 
Perfect summary of what the Ozkansas center island does. The island is no more "tank-town" than it is "fighter-town." What it is, is a cauldron, where every element of AH mixed in a condensed area. There is quick combat to be had there by all three countries, and chaos reigns supreme. If you want to battle in the cauldron, wear your big-boy pants, because death surely awaits.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
Perfect summary of what the Ozkansas center island does. The island is no more "tank-town" than it is "fighter-town." What it is, is a cauldron, where every element of AH mixed in a condensed area. There is quick combat to be had there by all three countries, and chaos reigns supreme. If you want to battle in the cauldron, wear your big-boy pants, because death surely awaits.

The OP knows what it does (better than you if you don't GV there, I imagine), and is requesting a change.  That's why this thread is in the "Wishlist" Forum ...  

MH
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:27:07 PM by TDeacon »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »

Another player that gets it.  Hit the nail on the head.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »
:aok :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

This. I'm sure a few remember when this map (or, at least, one very similar to it) had 3 center islands with ocean in between. We looked at that area as "fighter-town" and often lamented about the win-the-war types coming in and closing a base or, heaven forbid, capturing it. We asked many times for this to be a dedicated fighter-town with bases which couldn't be captured and hangars which couldn't be destroyed. That wish was never granted because the MA is the MA. It's not an area for pure anything.

After a while, a ground-pounder asked for the ocean in between the islands to be filled in so GVs could play there, too. This wish was granted because, I suspect, it added to the free-for-all atmosphere and brought GVs into an area of the fight where they had previously not had an impact.

Now the GV types are complaining about any planes flying there at all and asking for a tank-town. As has been pointed out, the MA is a maelstrom of no-holds-barred fights and I strongly suspect this wish will have as much success as our wish for a "pure" fighter-town.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »
Were this to be granted I would make an effort to fly from other bases just to attack the GVers.  I don't use aircraft against GVs unless they are attacking an air field, but I'd make an exception in this case.

From the point of view of somebody who doesn't care about the war the center island is the best place to find fights.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
<snip>
From the point of view of somebody who doesn't care about the war the center island is the best place to find fights.

Actually, that is a good point; I didn't consider that because I don't fly much these days.  If you left in the air bases, but did something else to deter excessive bombing of GVs (like my VBase circle idea), perhaps that would be better and more focused.  Also, perhaps an idea to make GV icons just say "GV", so people don't selectively hunt down perk tanks would be worth a Wishlist thread...

MH
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:57:42 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Christ, its an air combat game? Aces High the clues in the name, would be like me going to WOT expecting some planes? Why did you even start playing this game? Why would you expect a plane game to become a tank game??  :rofl

On a more serious note why not just go and play World of Tanks? A game...predominately about tanks??  :huh

An easier solution would be change the Airfields on TT island to Small Airfields. Two ords are easier to take down than four.
The point being the bomb tarding is getting out of hand. The terrain was originally made for a/c. There is no where to hide a perked ride period.

Maybe it's time you tried World of Warplanes.......run with your suggestion.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »
How about just putting an overcast layer from 500 to 2000 agl right over tank town. Bomb away, it will be a bit dicey.  You can still use ord to keep the other bases from being over run by gvs as their weather will be as unnaturally clear as everywhere else.
Pies not kicks.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
An easier solution would be change the Airfields on TT island to Small Airfields. Two ords are easier to take down than four.
The point being the bomb tarding is getting out of hand. The terrain was originally made for a/c. There is no where to hide a perked ride period.

Maybe it's time you tried World of Warplanes.......run with your suggestion.

You do realise how ridiculous you sound asking to not be bombed in a game called aces high?

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
You do realise how ridiculous you sound asking to not be bombed in a game called aces high?

You do realize how ridiculous you sound in claiming that because the word "high" is in the name that the game can't cater to platforms other than aircraft?

MH

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »

Read chaser's original post again. You obviously don't understand. It is a Wishlist forum and he made a suggestion to enhance game play for GV'ers in areas that were set up specifically for GV's. He is talking about OzKansas in this instance. If you think all GV'ers should go to World of Tanks, maybe it is time you moved on to World of Warplanes. It is not complicated.

There are tankers that never spent the time to develop the skills necessary to be successful in tanks and often resort to bomb tarding out of frustration. There are other players that do nothing but bomb tanks. Bombing tanks that are attacking a field is one thing, but bombing them when all they are doing is fighting around adjacent spawns or two close vh fields is something else. If you are not adequate in tanks I suggest you spend some time in the Training Arena learning tanks. I would suggest you contact WWhiskey and see if he is available. He is one of the very best in tanks and has seen it all. There are quite a few regular tankers that go take down ords at the nearby air fields from all three counties. They do it when the bomb tarding gets out of hand.

CraterMA has an area designated for GV's. It is right in the middle of the map. You can't miss it. Yet players fly long distances, climb tall mountains and invest allot of time to go and do one thing, bomb GV's. If you cannot comprehend then move on to World of Warplanes or spend some time learning about tanks.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
Lol! Skill don't make laugh. Gvs are where the pilots that can't cut it go  :bhead

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Read chaser's original post again. You obviously don't understand. It is a Wishlist forum and he made a suggestion to enhance game play for GV'ers in areas that were set up specifically for GV's. He is talking about OzKansas in this instance.

The center island on Ozkansas was not set up for the exclusive use of GVs, otherwise the terrain builder wouldn't have put in airfields.  It was meant as an area where both types (fighters and ground dweebs) can play and have relatively quick fights. 

Yes, this is a wish list forum but the OP's original post wasn't really a wish, it was more of a whine concealed as a wish.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song