Author Topic: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
The center island on Ozkansas was not set up for the exclusive use of GVs, otherwise the terrain builder wouldn't have put in airfields.  It was meant as an area where both types (fighters and ground dweebs) can play and have relatively quick fights.  

Yes, this is a wish list forum but the OP's original post wasn't really a wish, it was more of a whine concealed as a wish.

ack-ack

Ground dweeb? Someone suggest an idea you don't like so your solution is to flame them? Chaser asked for a change and in your opinion it is a whine. Is there anyone in this forum you don't flame? Which guy are you, the one that does not know how to tank or the one that just bombs GV's and does nothing else in AH. You obviously don't want to lose an opportunity to bomb GV's.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »
Ground dweeb? Someone suggest an idea you don't like so your solution is to flame them? Chaser asked for a change and in your opinion it is a whine. Is there anyone in this forum you don't flame? Which guy are you, the one that does not know how to tank or the one that just bombs GV's and does nothing else in AH. You obviously don't want to lose an opportunity to bomb GV's.
Like Ack-Ack said the Island is not just for GVs taking away the airbases takes away the main focus of the map and this game which is Air Combat, and i hate to say its a Wish (Whine)  to make GVers Impervious to Air Attack as i stated in another thread its just an excuse
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
Ground dweeb? Someone suggest an idea you don't like so your solution is to flame them?

My, my, my...don't you have a thin skin.  I guess you must be one of those that doesn't know how to fly and just drives around on the ground and does nothing else in AH.

Chaser asked for a change and in your opinion it is a whine. Is there anyone in this forum you don't flame?

I didn't flame chaser at all, I just pointed out that his "wish" was just a whine disguised as a wish because he had been bombed in a tank and was upset about it.  Pointing out a clear fact is hardly 'flaming' anyone, well, maybe the ones that have a thin skin.

Which guy are you, the one that does not know how to tank or the one that just bombs GV's and does nothing else in AH. You obviously don't want to lose an opportunity to bomb GV's.

I'm the kind of player that sees a red icon, I destroy it, regardless if its a ground vehicle or a plane.  And no, why would I want to lose the opportunity to destroy another target? 

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
A bunch of yall are just to dumb to see what I'm asking. You act like I'm asking for the entire game to be changed and you'll never get a free kill again. All I'm asking for is one small place on one map changed. I'm so sorry yall would have to give up some free kills for one map. I know they're awefully important to your precious score.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
A bunch of yall are just to dumb to see what I'm asking. You act like I'm asking for the entire game to be changed and you'll never get a free kill again. All I'm asking for is one small place on one map changed. I'm so sorry yall would have to give up some free kills for one map. I know they're awefully important to your precious score.

:rofl

Yeah, score means so much to me. 

ack-ack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »
I see exactly what you're asking for.  You're asking for the best place to find fast air-to-air combat to be removed so you can have a GVers paradise.

I am telling you that while I fly airplanes there now I don't attack tanks unless the tank is attacking an airfield, though AA vehicles I do consider fair game if they get too annoying.  If your whining were to succeed at getting the airfields removed from the best place to find fights I would start flying over there to bomb GVs just to piss you off.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
I see exactly what you're asking for.  You're asking for the best place to find fast air-to-air combat to be removed so you can have a GVers paradise.

I am telling you that while I fly airplanes there now I don't attack tanks unless the tank is attacking an airfield, though AA vehicles I do consider fair game if they get too annoying.  If your whining were to succeed at getting the airfields removed from the best place to find fights I would start flying over there to bomb GVs just to piss you off.

Your exactly the type of girl that if you don't get it your way your gonna grief the other guy. Again, let me say it as you obviously still can't understand what I'm asking for.

ONE place on ONE map where GV'ers can just GV. That would still leave 95% of ozkansas and 12 whole maps for you to furball and get your free GV kills. Now do you see how selfish you are being or are you going to continue to act like a bratty 3 year old?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
Your exactly the type of girl that if you don't get it your way your gonna grief the other guy. Again, let me say it as you obviously still can't understand what I'm asking for.

ONE place on ONE map where GV'ers can just GV. That would still leave 95% of ozkansas and 12 whole maps for you to furball and get your free GV kills. Now do you see how selfish you are being or are you going to continue to act like a bratty 3 year old?

The only person in this thread acting selfish and like a bratty 3 year old is the OP...oh, I guess that means it's you. 

If you want to GV in peace without the threat of being bombed, the game already has these features.  There is an area in the DA where you can GV to your little bitty heart's content without fear of being bombed.  If you don't wish to go to the DA, then you have the other option of creating a custom arena with GVs only.  BAM! Wish granted!

ack-ack

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 04:51:48 AM »
After careful thought and consideration I believe I have found a solution to the problem of poor innocent GVers being bombed by those big bad evil airplane pilots. I believe that HTC should put into a place a mechanism which would allow players to destroy some form of building or similar structure to be located at each airfield. The destruction of this building or similar structure would temporarily prevent the arming of aircraft with bombs and/or rockets. Problem solved.    :bolt: :airplane:
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 09:19:41 AM »
After careful thought and consideration I believe I have found a solution to the problem of poor innocent GVers being bombed by those big bad evil airplane pilots. I believe that HTC should put into a place a mechanism which would allow players to destroy some form of building or similar structure to be located at each airfield. The destruction of this building or similar structure would temporarily prevent the arming of aircraft with bombs and/or rockets. Problem solved.    :bolt: :airplane:

The problem with this type of "solution" is that the people who suggest them don't pay attention to the implementation details.  In this case, the implementation details include 8 (eight) such "structures" located far apart, which rejuvenate automatically.  They are also defended by radar directed fighters.  In reality therefore Chaser would be spending all his time trying to fight his way through to these "structures", and have no time to GV.  So he's still screwed. 

But wait, you already know that, don't you ...

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Chaser, most of these guys either don't GV at all, or do so at a low skill level.  As you say, they don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, and probably don't much care that they don't.  You still have to spank them occasionally to keep them in their place, but that won't stop them from responding to the AC-GV imbalance discussions with posts lke  "up a fighter", "up a wirble", "suck it up", "stop whining", etc.  Hopefully HTC will evaluate these suggestions based on their inherent merits and ignore the predicable responses here.  Forum posters are after all a minority of the game population. 

MH

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 09:43:52 AM »

You have the gall to accuse people of being dumb because you don't like their valid counter points.  You'd do great in Congress with your "I don't need to take other people into consideration.  I know I am right and I don't have to examine the issue to know that." attitude.

Now you accuse me of looking for free GV kills.  You're truly pathetic.  You can't address the valid points, so you slander instead.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
You have the gall to accuse people of being dumb because you don't like their valid counter points.  You'd do great in Congress with your "I don't need to take other people into consideration.  I know I am right and I don't have to examine the issue to know that." attitude.

Now you accuse me of looking for free GV kills.  You're truly pathetic.  You can't address the valid points, so you slander instead.

Hey guys, would it work if instead we suggested removing ords from TT island?  Of course, some would still fly in from the mainland, but it would take them longer, and in the long run probably fewer would do it. 

MH

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
Chaser, most of these guys either don't GV at all, or do so at a low skill level. 
MH

The Wirbelgawd chuckles at this.   :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
The Wirbelgawd chuckles at this.   :lol

I did say "most".  Also, we are not talking about working with a squad or sitting on a base, but rather operating a tank individually over the terrain.  Chaser is pretty good at that; he kills me way more than I kill him.  He uses terrain well, and he is a dead shot.    

MH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:07:20 AM by TDeacon »