Author Topic: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:48 AM »
I dont think ive gotten  more that 1-2 nasty pms maybe im not killing the right people, or anyone really.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
The trash talking is just that, TRASH. Some people enjoy it and as long as it doesn't cross the line it should be part of the game. The PM stuff isn't trash talk it's bullying.  In the real world you can deal with bullying by either beating the crap out of the bully, or just walk away. Here we don't have the option to beat the crap out of them..... well I guess you could spend the night hunting them down but wheres the fun in that... but we do have the walk away option.

Squelch them and move on. There are 3 people I squelch as soon as I see there first post even if it isn't directed at me. I to am here to have fun and just would rather not take the chance at being annoyed by these clowns and so nip it in the bud. 

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »
I hate the people that PM lies a lot more than 200, i know you can de-tune 200, but i don't like the PMs,

You can right click on your text buffer and filter out every category of text you do not want.  You can even filter them all out if you really want relaxation.

You're welcome.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:18 AM »
FUGI....I call absolute BS on the bullying definition...you can't possibly be serious.  Being bullied requires there is the threat of something....there is NO threat of anything in this game.

So generally, it takes about 8 mins to fly to a fight on most maps (UNLESS YOU ARE DEFENDING A HORDED BASE)...you could:

1. Banter on squad vox about all the chicks you got in high school, which is a giant lie
2. Banter on squad vox about this great move you just did but still died because something happened to your frame rate
3. Listen to some ridiculous motivation tune you just downloaded from "Free music R us" and pretend your approval will make it a hit in your town
4. Or, you could tune in on 200 and let HOtard know that his HOing skills are par excellance' and he is a skill-less fairy for not giving you the desired outcome....a fight to see which of you can get an angle on the other's 6 oclock.

Tune in tonight for the proper 200 banter that will cause Sawzaw to utterly lose his mind.  Class will be held.  Don't be late.

Your troll buddy,

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »

proper 200 banter that will cause Sawzaw to utterly lose his mind.  
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
FUGI....I call absolute BS on the bullying definition...you can't possibly be serious.  Being bullied requires there is the threat of something....there is NO threat of anything in this game.

So generally, it takes about 8 mins to fly to a fight on most maps (UNLESS YOU ARE DEFENDING A HORDED BASE)...you could:

1. Banter on squad vox about all the chicks you got in high school, which is a giant lie
2. Banter on squad vox about this great move you just did but still died because something happened to your frame rate
3. Listen to some ridiculous motivation tune you just downloaded from "Free music R us" and pretend your approval will make it a hit in your town
4. Or, you could tune in on 200 and let HOtard know that his HOing skills are par excellance' and he is a skill-less fairy for not giving you the desired outcome....a fight to see which of you can get an angle on the other's 6 oclock.

Tune in tonight for the proper 200 banter that will cause Sawzaw to utterly lose his mind.  Class will be held.  Don't be late.

Your troll buddy,

Changeup

You use the word "banter" and that is exactly what trash talk is suppose to be about. It's the BS you throw around at your buddies at the pooltable while your wiping the floor with them. But when the "attacks" become personal and vicious then it becomes bullying. I've seen many people fall prey to this type of attack and leave the game for good. Many "rage quits" happen because of the relentless bullying by one player or another.

A threat doesn't have to be physical, mental works too. If a person sees it as a threat in their mind, then to them, it IS a threat, and so bullying.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
Gotta keep your trash talk about how they act, fly and fight ingame to keep it acceptable.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »

A threat doesn't have to be physical, mental works too. If a person sees it as a threat in their mind, then to them, it IS a threat, and so bullying.

That's already been addressed.  If someone allows a player to get in their head via 200, something else is very, very wrong and this is why:

*******THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL********

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2013, 11:45:19 AM »
I'd be careful who and when you salute someone.  Uptown and I got into it pretty good one night when he saluted me and I took it as a slap in the face (which it probably wasn't but was easily interpreted that way).

Better just to shut up and keep playing or not.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
That's already been addressed.  If someone allows a player to get in their head via 200, something else is very, very wrong and this is why:

*******THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL********

Yes, but to many the game is important to them.You don't know what their home life is like and this mat be there best part of the day. Who knows.

I'd be careful who and when you salute someone.  Uptown and I got into it pretty good one night when he saluted me and I took it as a slap in the face (which it probably wasn't but was easily interpreted that way).

Better just to shut up and keep playing or not.

Ya, some people salute everyone after they get the kill (Not saying Upton is one of them). I've had people salute me after they HOed me or picked me off someone else  :rolleyes: To me that comes across as a slap in the face just pointing out to me that I was stupid enough to get caught in a HO situation or a break down of my SA that they could pick me. Personally I salute those that put up a good fight.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
Fugi...it's too easy in this game to ignore someone. Everyone knows that 200 is full of "attacks"....too easy to detune and go about your day flying with people you enjoy flying with.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
I agree with fugi

Banter is good...friendly rib jabbing..Might get you worked up a little.... but it isn't personal...anybody can relate to it
What we are seeing now is out and out personal degradation... there is no jibing ...it is in some cases a venomous verbal(text) assualt.
Aces is pretty well moderated so we are not seeing the real venom of the attack...(not in all cases but in many)and remember we are talking PM's here
This is distressing to me because (now this goes beyond the game I know but some of the stuff I read I can relate to outside) this crap is killing our children!!
I monitor my kids and honestly there is some seriously dumb toejame out there... I spoke to some parents of a girl who's personal attack on my daughter was so vulgar it absolutely stupefied her parents... this was a 10 year old girl
our kids are...socially inept to deal with it... and what can we do...nothing...cause it's an offense....breaches a persons rights....hahah  do gooders...

The comments getting chucked around about it's a game and you shouldn't take it so serious... well that's all good for the old school guys( who are actually ribbing) but this is a new school and some how we need to get discipline back into it... and when the older generation is jumping on the bandwagon... hmmm well.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »
Is it me or I think beefie is just trolling?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
Is it me or I think beefie is just trolling?

It seems like he's serious to me.  Smack talk pisses people off and generally doesn't endear one to many others.  It's great between friends from time to time but are we all friends?  I know in the short time I've played this game I've figured out enough to know how to hunt down and find a few of the more vocal idiots on 200.  They way they fly is just like a fingerprint and predictable.  I know by comments on Knight vox that I'm not the only one who takes great pleasure in towering a certain PlAYeR in his LA7 and then laughing at his excuses moments later on 200 while he mistakenly thinks he's putting me down by calling me a new player.  To Floob and the others who don't think the Internet and the games on it are real.  Would you say that to the parents of all the kids who have killed themselves after Internet taunting?   I don't imagine any of the 200 fools would drive any of us that far but it's silly to think it doesn't piss people off and drive newer players from the game.  Especially when they're already struggling with learning the basic physics of flight much less gunnery and acm.  Off my soap box and looking forward to mixing it up with you guys tomorrow night after a three week work imposed grounding.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:34:26 PM by Golden Dragon »
Fight's on!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
The rule is if you cant <S> the shut the toejam up and play the game

Beef

Ummm that's what channel 1 is for.    :noid

Ch. 200 is opt-in. If you can't handle it, de-tune. If you get a nasty PM, just block/report.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798