Author Topic: X-52 Finally Died  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: X-52 Finally Died
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »
My X52 is going on to about 7 years now.  :noid :uhoh

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
Man... sold out across the US. Anyone try the 65f? I need a twisty, I gave my rudder pedals away, never figured them out.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
don't buy a X65F, its really not suited for WWII simulations.

I had a CH, pots eventually die...and its just too big. I currently use a T16000 but If I had the money and actually played the game I'd get the thrustmaster warthog

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
I'd like to have 2 X52s so I could c.h.i.t. on one and cover it up with the other.  :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
Had the X-65f.. sold it after a year or so.. just not the correct feeling in it (actually no feeling at all in it.. it doesn't move). Now I have the TM HOTAS Warthog. This thing is a beast. It's been just about a year with it now and I still don't have everything mapped on it. Super smooth, precise and does everything I want.

I still hit the ground in low turns (Hitech's conspiracy), miss the red guys, get shot down (they must have a H word cause that's the only way someone could shoot me down) but now I know it's that stuff and not the controller.  :devil   
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 07:31:09 PM »
Besides you and semp, I heard the same from someone else not long ago. That would be a shame as CH has been the gold standard for years now.

Rolex and I were talking some time back about CH gear. He lives in Japan and when he bought a CH set-up the first two were defective. He said he thought the returned CH gear from the States was shipped to Asia for resale there. Don't know what he based that on. If you're ordering through Ebay and the seller is in Asia, you might be getting some of this stuff. I had to buy a new set-up after a faulty powered USB hub fried them, and the quality is still great.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, struggling to find a twisty with separate throttle. HOTAS looks great, but I sucked with rudder pedals.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
My X52 is still working after 4 years. Only missing the "C" button, somehow my dog chewed it off.  :joystick:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:37 PM »
yeah buy one today, see if you think they same way.

semp

I bought a completely new CH HOTAS set to keep at work last April, not one single problem with them just like the ones I've been using at home for the last 10 years. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, struggling to find a twisty with separate throttle. HOTAS looks great, but I sucked with rudder pedals.
here ya go... http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3/dp/B001CXYMFS

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 02:28:21 AM »
Man... sold out across the US. Anyone try the 65f? I need a twisty, I gave my rudder pedals away, never figured them out.

That explains why you are angry all the time :banana:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
I bought a completely new CH HOTAS set to keep at work last April, not one single problem with them just like the ones I've been using at home for the last 10 years. 

ack-ack

Good to know when replacement time comes around.

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »
Still have a working x45 throttle and one x-52 throttle that's waiting for its turn. I combined the X45 with thrustmaster t.16000 and saitek pro pedals. If you still have a working throttle with that x-52, don't go swimming in to strange waters. Just buy the stick part. You can combine the two in all of the major flight simulators. In Aces High it's particularily easy.

The Thrustmaster T.16000 turned out to be quite something - I no longer grave for the old MS FFB2 that was my ole war horse since the days of European Air War. And it is CHEAP considering it's built on hall-sensors.

Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:16 AM »
i am on my second X52 i love it my first one lasted 3 years and the hat switch for the views went bad.. but i dont use the x52 throttle so i dont know how weak it is but far as the stick  :aok
Same here...

My X52 throttle started getting glitchy so I bought a CH throttle and have been quite happy.  I want to go with a Ch Fighterstick, but there aren't enough buttons for me so I will stick with m x52 till it dies....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org