Author Topic: Send a bomber home! and bomber #'s when landing.  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Send a bomber home! and bomber #'s when landing.
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:34:58 AM »
First wish:
Flying along, get attacked and survive but with one bomber damaged... maybe we should be able to send it home?
Suppose you up a set of THREE B-29s, you better turn around your whole flight if one gets damage, EXPENSIVE IF LOSE EVEN ONE!!!

Second wish:
When landing, the game does NOT say how many landed, PLEASE INCLUDE.
"SuperDuperSo'in'so landed 1,000,000 damage in 2 of 3 He-111 Bomber planes." would mean I lost one.
If someone lands all three, I'm sure they would like the game to show it!
If someone only upped one in the first place, then 1 of 1 He-111 would be good too.

This way, if one bomber got damaged, YOU COULD SEND IT HOME and still get 3 OF 3 possibly!

:salute
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Wildcatdad

• Copper Member
Re: Send a bomber home! and bomber #'s when landing.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:04 AM »
First wish:
Flying along, get attacked and survive but with one bomber damaged... maybe we should be able to send it home?
Suppose you up a set of THREE B-29s, you better turn around your whole flight if one gets damage, EXPENSIVE IF LOSE EVEN ONE!!!

Second wish:
"SuperDuperSo'in'so landed 1,000,000 damage in 2 of 3 He-111 Bomber planes." would mean I lost one.
If someone only upped one in the first place, then 1 of 1 He-111 would be good too.

This way, if one bomber got damaged, YOU COULD SEND IT HOME and still get 3 OF 3 possibly!

This is one of the better ideas I have seen lately. +1 :salute
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »
lol this is NOT a good idea.  first, if you were to "send" one of your damaged bombers home......how would it get there? do you plot a course for it? if so,it is defensless...because you are not there to defend it,make course corrections or even land it.....and if your saying that all this would be automatic...then what is the point of you starting a sortie. YOU have manned the lead plane and the other are drones that mimic what YOU do in the first plane. if YOU are not in the equation for the drone,then the drone should NOT have the ability to become an AI identity.once the drone leave formation and get a certain distance away...it explodes, because it is no longer under your control.  if for some reason this idea of yours was implemented in some way..then not only should any damage caused by the sent home dron NOT be counted,but you should have it scored as a sortie and be charged perk points even if it lands safely....why?  because YOU didnt bring it home and land it safely...the computer did.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
lol this is NOT a good idea.  first, if you were to "send" one of your damaged bombers home......how would it get there? do you plot a course for it? if so,it is defensless...because you are not there to defend it,make course corrections or even land it.....and if your saying that all this would be automatic...then what is the point of you starting a sortie. YOU have manned the lead plane and the other are drones that mimic what YOU do in the first plane. if YOU are not in the equation for the drone,then the drone should NOT have the ability to become an AI identity.once the drone leave formation and get a certain distance away...it explodes, because it is no longer under your control.  if for some reason this idea of yours was implemented in some way..then not only should any damage caused by the sent home dron NOT be counted,but you should have it scored as a sortie and be charged perk points even if it lands safely....why?  because YOU didnt bring it home and land it safely...the computer did.
I agree with this more than the other, but I'm a bomber junkie so I can't agree with you. I get so angry when I lose 1 B-29 out of a formation  :noid

That would also be why I'm such an alt tard when it comes to B-29's  :airplane:

Why do the B-29 gunsights have to  be so big? They block alot of view in the tail!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:35:34 AM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
First wish:

if you can't afford them, then don't take them up.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »
Yeah but if a player lands ALL three bombers, some would agree that it would be nice to see it accounted for in the 'highlights' statement.

If you send a bomber home, it does an autopilot dive straight to 'final' approach, and lands, ending part just like when we land our formation.
Oh and we only get landed if the player lands at least the last plane of the original three.

Oh and I still have trouble switching bomber planes... what if the lead, player flown, bomber gets damaged... need to be able to hop to the other plane.
And this might also be just to check what is wrong with the damaged plane...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:18:35 PM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
It is in areas like this one where IEN was way ahead of HTC. Even way back in 2004, I could take a flight of three bombers up and use dot commands to have them do certain things like attack separate targets and break formation and such. If cheesy Warbirds could do this in 2004 then I am sure the great Hi-Tech could code these function here in 2013.

The one thing I loved about Warbirds 2004 was when taking up the single engined carrier bombers you had a flight of three planes as well. I used to use my drones to draw off the pursing fighters with a dot command to make them scatter. Attacking fighters had no idea which one was live and which three were Memorex.

I'm sure every pure Tom Cruise in here will vehemently disagree and protest under any number of perceived arguments but like I said: cheesy Warbirds was doing it back in 2004. For bomber lovers it is nothing but a good idea.

It gets a + 1,000,000 from this bomber driver.  :aok
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »
It is in areas like this one where IEN was way ahead of HTC. Even way back in 2004, I could take a flight of three bombers up and use dot commands to have them do certain things like attack separate targets and break formation and such. If cheesy Warbirds could do this in 2004 then I am sure the great Hi-Tech could code these function here in 2013.

The one thing I loved about Warbirds 2004 was when taking up the single engined carrier bombers you had a flight of three planes as well. I used to use my drones to draw off the pursing fighters with a dot command to make them scatter. Attacking fighters had no idea which one was live and which three were Memorex.

I'm sure every pure Tom Cruise in here will vehemently disagree and protest under any number of perceived arguments but like I said: cheesy Warbirds was doing it back in 2004. For bomber lovers it is nothing but a good idea.

It gets a + 1,000,000 from this bomber driver.  :aok
cheesy warturds is where htc decided to go do his own thing. cheesy warturds also had auto-gunners in the bombers. you could not send a drone off on its own in cheesy warturds, the way sponge cake is wanting.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

Second wish:
If someone only upped one in the first place, then 1 of 1 He-111

That is a awesome Idea..  Please HTC   +1
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 08:09:30 AM »
That is a awesome Idea..  Please HTC   +1

Before you say it's an awesome idea, think of all of the things that need to be taken into consideration:

• how fast does the plane fly home?
  • at what altitude does it fly?
  • how quickly does it descend?
  • does it go to the nearest field? the nearest not under attack?
  • is it defenseless?
  • if it has bombs, does it drop them?
  • if the damage includes flap/gear damage, how does it land?
  • does it cast a dar bar? avoid enemy field dar rings?

It sounds like a good idea, but it is logistically rather difficult to implement, and for what? What guarantee do you have that it makes it safely home? Furthermore, as its safety is far from guaranteed, I'd say you're more likely to get a damaged bomber home if it remains in the formation.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 08:11:39 AM »
cheesy warturds is where htc decided to go do his own thing. cheesy warturds also had auto-gunners in the bombers. you could not send a drone off on its own in cheesy warturds, the way sponge cake is wanting.

'Sponge cake' ..... lol  :aok :lol

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
Before you say it's an awesome idea, think of all of the things that need to be taken into consideration:

• is it defenseless?

It sounds like a good idea, but it is logistically rather difficult to implement, and for what? What guarantee do you have that it makes it safely home? Furthermore, as its safety is far from guaranteed, I'd say you're more likely to get a damaged bomber home if it remains in the formation.

Right on, Jeff.  :cheers:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »

• is it defenseless?

Before you reply to what he posted, read what he quoted.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »
Before you reply to what he posted, read what he quoted.

Touche!  :cheers: