Author Topic: About the new terrain  (Read 8192 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: About the new terrain
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
Win8 does things for no apparent reason that I can tell.  It makes it very hard to multitask on a PC and even makes it hard to figure out how to use simple things like browsers.  I was using Chrome on my wife's laptop and somehow got to where it was displaying the HTML code of the webpage.  There are no menus or anything to back out of that.  I had to shut Chrome down and relaunch it.

Win8 is a phone/tablet OS that has no business being on PCs.  If I wanted a crippled computer I'd just use a phone or tablet to begin with.

LOL thats a chrome problem if anything. Win8 is just like Win7 once you install classic shell on it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »
LOL thats a chrome problem if anything. Win8 is just like Win7 once you install classic shell on it.
IE behaves the same as Chrome.  Not sure about Firefox.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
IE behaves the same as Chrome.  Not sure about Firefox.

Aah you must be using the metro versions of the applications. Don't do that. Install classic shell and use regular versions instead.

As a sidenote, hot from the press: http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/12/01/intel_hp_prepare_for_end_days_xp
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:18:18 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SlidingHorn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Which is clunky and feels like it was an after thought.

For god's sake, I wish they would quit trying to force more "features" on us.  Give me a bare bones OS with the ability to handle whatever new "features" I want to install.  Quit giving me trash laden systems that you have to spend countless hours stripping out all the junk you don't want.

Sounds to me like you want a linux machine ;)
Flying As: MusicMan
Professional Lawn Dart / Resident Practice Drone

My beard can beat up your beard.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »
Cant Wait  :x
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works