Author Topic: MA Off-peak is dying  (Read 16085 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: MA Off-peak is dying
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 08:25:02 AM »

Getting off-topic :)  I just want to fix off-peak not the game .

SMALL MAPS !!!!
I come from a land downunder

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
Okay understand the first part of what you write.  I've flown since 2002, and I don't know what "balance" in the MA would look like.  Unless you mean all countries having roughly the same # of players in flight at roughly the same time.

Balance would be group of players fighting each other 24/24, not avoiding each other to capture undefended fields like we see nowadays.

+1 to small maps

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »
My only problem with coming back is the fact I remember the past 10 times I quit and came back - nothing changed, its tough to  spend $15 only to fly FSO or scenarios. The 12 hour change really doesn't help the fact If I hop once and the fight dies, I am through for the day.

Right now it looks like I might want to invest $100 into the new IL-2 sturmovik game

/before someone considers this a whine or bashing Aces - its far from it, I had good and bad memories in every game, Aces is one of the very few I hung around for 10 years, only Falcon 4 and some games like Panzer General, Bombing the Reich have I stayed around for that long.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:48:36 AM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
Butcher, don't think your post a whine at all.

I know nothing about IL2.  What does $100 buy you?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »
Butcher, don't think your post a whine at all.

I know nothing about IL2.  What does $100 buy you?

http://il2sturmovik.com/ Look at some of the video's, the graphics and gameplay so far are "stellar". only problem is its goign to take a while to finish up, as right now there are no guns supposeably.
JG 52

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
Sorry Redd, I'll stop hijacking the thread.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »
I think HTC should go back to the daily arena change they had during the split MA times. Instead, have the US prime arena switch to the EURO prime arena daily. Euro arena can have only small maps and this way the battle continues on a EURO map, but when the numbers go up for US they can run any map.

Greebo didn't knock this thread off track, Semp did with his usual head in the ground type posts. I think Greebos idea has merit and could help too. Adding the multiplier will encourage those that play for score to use those times where there is an unbalance to fight. It won't effect play in a head to head furball as both sides are more even and so a multiplier won't come into effect. It also won't effect the beer drinking, crap shooting crowd as they don't care about score. If they are hiding in a horde they may have a few more "score" minded people diving on them, but I don't think it would be enough to crush a horde. In a low number arena the threshold will be reach quicker like ENY does now and so may bring more people looking to tweak their score to fight in those low number situations as well.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »

Getting off-topic :)  I just want to fix off-peak not the game .

SMALL MAPS !!!!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
for example today at a81/a85/p67 area there was horde against horde.  and if anybody from either side says that they were just holding back the horde I'll call them a lier to their face.  it was one gigantic furball that was fun for a great deal of people.  if you had wanted to break up that back and forth "hode/furball" it wouldnt have been as fun for most of them who were there.

That just sounds like an old fashioned furball.

It's only a horde if there's little to no opposition so technically, a horde vs horde battle can't exist.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2013, 11:38:58 AM »
That just sounds like an old fashioned furball.

It's only a horde if there's little to no opposition so technically, a horde vs horde battle can't exist.

I agree, to me a horde is an overwhelming group vs no defenders at all or very little - its not because one country can't defend, its they are probably facing 2vs1 at that point and can't spare vs dozens of attackers against undefended bases.

Furball is two large groups against each other.
JG 52

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
nerf ther field ak so people can do what they came to do and fight planes! :old:
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »
Balance would be group of players fighting each other 24/24, not avoiding each other to capture undefended fields like we see nowadays.

+1 to small maps

how would you accomplish that?  dont you think that if people want to fight somebody else they would do it?  for example yesterday there was a bf-109 high above the furball at about 15k.  I started climbing to him as he tried to pick another guy that was around 12k, when he ran out of altitude he "extended" really fast.  he came back a few minutes later at 17k by then I was at 15k.  he again pulled back out of icon range and came back at 20k.  by then I was like forget it, he just wants easy kills.  so I went back down to the furball at sea level.  he 109 stayed high above all picking those unaware.

so here comes the question, who are we to try to force that 109 to play according to what we think the game should be played?  if he wants to avoid and just pick then that's the way it is.  if people want to milk towns only from 40k then let them.  they pay their damn 15 bucks to play according to how they wish to have fun.

ah has it right.  it is dangerous to try to force people to play the way they dont want to play for one reason only, they will quit.  like I said before, look around at any furball or horde and you will see that most of them are long time players and not guys who have been around for a month or two here.

the thing about people playing late at night is some just want to milk run in either gv's or buffs while others want to fight.  and some come here whining that there isnt any fights late at night instead of asking on 200 if anybody is willing to fight somewhere.  what makes you guys think that those that are milk running are actually gonna stay if you force them to do something they dont want to do?  the irony is that if they are forced to fight, they may just log you will be back here in  a few weeks complaining that "there used to be 50 players online but now we only have 5".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
how would you accomplish that?  dont you think that if people want to fight somebody else they would do it?  for example yesterday there was a bf-109 high above the furball at about 15k.  I started climbing to him as he tried to pick another guy that was around 12k, when he ran out of altitude he "extended" really fast.  he came back a few minutes later at 17k by then I was at 15k.  he again pulled back out of icon range and came back at 20k.  by then I was like forget it, he just wants easy kills.  so I went back down to the furball at sea level.  he 109 stayed high above all picking those unaware.

so here comes the question, who are we to try to force that 109 to play according to what we think the game should be played?  if he wants to avoid and just pick then that's the way it is.  if people want to milk towns only from 40k then let them.  they pay their damn 15 bucks to play according to how they wish to have fun.

ah has it right.  it is dangerous to try to force people to play the way they dont want to play for one reason only, they will quit.  like I said before, look around at any furball or horde and you will see that most of them are long time players and not guys who have been around for a month or two here.

the thing about people playing late at night is some just want to milk run in either gv's or buffs while others want to fight.  and some come here whining that there isnt any fights late at night instead of asking on 200 if anybody is willing to fight somewhere.  what makes you guys think that those that are milk running are actually gonna stay if you force them to do something they dont want to do?  the irony is that if they are forced to fight, they may just log you will be back here in  a few weeks complaining that "there used to be 50 players online but now we only have 5".

semp

I don't think any one is talking about FORCING anyone to do anything they don't want. What people are suggesting is making things more advantageous to play a different way. You want to horde, go ahead, but if you try taking bases with a smaller group it is easier. You want to pick above a crowd, go ahead but you get a better score if you fight the horde instead of being part of the horde and picking from above.

Nobody is trying to force any one to do anything, nor take anything away from anyone. Just giving people more options.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »
I don't think any one is talking about FORCING anyone to do anything they don't want. What people are suggesting is making things more advantageous to play a different way. You want to horde, go ahead, but if you try taking bases with a smaller group it is easier. You want to pick above a crowd, go ahead but you get a better score if you fight the horde instead of being part of the horde and picking from above.

Nobody is trying to force any one to do anything, nor take anything away from anyone. Just giving people more options.

no options  have been given that will give an advantage over what we have now.  and what exactly will the score do for me?  will it give me better planes?  more rockets? other than take command of a cv, score is meaningless in this game except for those who like to talk about their "skill".

some of the ideas proposed to "fight hordes" are funny as hell.  for example the give more perks to fight up and defend the base to "fight the horde".
just some quick things that I see as funny.

-who gets the most perks?  the first one to up?  what about the second and 3rd who up to defend?
  -what if 20 guys up trying to get the extra perks then realize nobody is going to get them?  there's gotta be a cap othewise everybody will just get perks for upping.
  -in the point above will the first couple of guys who upped then come back to post about how some dweebs are ruining their extra perks?
  -will there be calls on country chanel asking people not to up because there's already 5 defending and you will ruin their perks?
  -wont the extra perks actually contribute to even less people defending so as not to ruin other people's extra perks?

which will bring you back to people posting threads about how so and so is ruining the game by talking crap to others who up and ruined their "extra" perks.

you guys need to think a bit more about how your "change for the better" may turn into a "change for the worst".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
nerf ther field ak so people can do what they came to do and fight planes! :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted