Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »
What I meant, as I wrote, what about the bombers colliding when a ftr comes in too close, how is the bomber pilot supposed to avoid that?

This thread is so far gone, prolly start my own about ^

Alas, bomber formations don't generally maneuver all that much.

And if a player flying a fighter is resorting to ramming them then its a stupid tactic
and he (or she) needs more practice shooting down bombers. Avoiding a collision
with a bomber ain't that hard (no matter the FE collision system). Avoiding their
guns should be the focus.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
I regularly HO bombers waiting for 100d before pulling the trigger. Then pulling up so close I can see the pilots eyeballs. I've never gotten a collision message. But, lots of dead pilots.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »
I regularly HO bombers waiting for 100d before pulling the trigger. Then pulling up so close I can see the pilots eyeballs. I've never gotten a collision message. But, lots of dead pilots.

If you get within D100 of me guaranteed I get the collision when I'm in bombers  :noid, many responses seem to indicate they didn't read my posts and they think I'm whining cause I attacked bombers. Other way around.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
If you get within D100 of me guaranteed I get the collision when I'm in bombers 

You better send in your film to HTC then because that isn't how the collision model works.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE JUST STOP!
Pies not kicks.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:30 AM »
FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE JUST STOP!

Like that ever works here.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 05:29:47 AM »
Haven't played in over 5 years it never changes lol.

I wonder if Sudz is rocking  in a corner somewhere.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 06:04:05 AM »
I've killed more than one bomber by zooming up in front of their nose after I ran out of ammo. On games point of view it looks like a rear collision and the bomber goes down  :ahand
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »
If you get within D100 of me guaranteed I get the collision when I'm in bombers  :noid, many responses seem to indicate they didn't read my posts and they think I'm whining cause I attacked bombers. Other way around.
I am quite convinced it's almost impossible under normal MA conditions to intentionally ram someone so the other player takes damage, but you don't  So, I have a challenge for you...  I will be in the MA at 8PM EST this evening 12/09.  If you like, I will up bombers in a private arena for you to make as many passes as you like.  Goal, you try to cause me damage, but you take none via a ram.  The only condition is that you have to be making a pass typical that one would make when attacking bombers.  You may be able to get this ram by hanging super close wiggling around, but in the MA you would be gunned down in an instant doing that. 

This is a "no guns" experiment, lets just test the ram.  Deal?

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
I've killed more than one bomber by zooming up in front of their nose after I ran out of ammo. On games point of view it looks like a rear collision and the bomber goes down  :ahand

Are you saying you know how to make the collision happen on the buff pilot/players FE but not yours (consistently)?

How do you know what it looked like for the buff player?

Huh. Perhaps Scca's challenge would apply to you, as well.  :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:46 AM »
It could be done.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
It could be done.

Prove it. Scca is providing the opportunity.  :aok

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »
I am quite convinced it's almost impossible under normal MA conditions to intentionally ram someone so the other player takes damage, but you don't  So, I have a challenge for you...  I will be in the MA at 8PM EST this evening 12/09.  If you like, I will up bombers in a private arena for you to make as many passes as you like.  Goal, you try to cause me damage, but you take none via a ram.  The only condition is that you have to be making a pass typical that one would make when attacking bombers.  You may be able to get this ram by hanging super close wiggling around, but in the MA you would be gunned down in an instant doing that.  

This is a "no guns" experiment, lets just test the ram.  Deal?

Did you read all of my posts in this thread? I don't know how you could of and still state that I am talking about someone trying to ram. I said that I am not talking about ramming at least twice, I understand they would take damage. As I've said prolly four times now, I'm talking about a ftr coming in on my bombers fast, he shoots and tries to pull away, on his end he doesn't see a collision. On the bombers end they see a collision and the bombers get a collision. What is the bomber pilot supposed to do to avoid that?  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:14:19 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Prove it. Scca is providing the opportunity.  :aok
I'm game to try..  I am sure it can work, but with any consistency, I have my doubts...

I could be wrong, but I am willing to spend the time to try it out.  

Sig has in game name.  

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
Did you read all of my posts? I don't know how you could of and still state that I am talking about someone trying to ram. I said that I am not at least twice.
Easy now.  Yes, I read what you posted, perhaps though I misunderstood. What I got was you didn't like the current collision model as at times one flys away with no damage and the other gets damage.  Is that correct?  

If no, then sorry, my bad...

If yes, then I will restate if both took damage, it would be unfair because it's possible that one didn't hit the other plane based on their perspective.  If both took damage because half of the two that hit saw it, and the other didn't, imagine the complaints?  If both took damage in every collision event, then intentional rams would be the norm for those who will do anything to win.  Since the system works like it does now, and if I am correct in that intentional rams are not likely successful a majority of the time, then I feel it's a better system.  

Regarding your edit:
Collisions will happen, and if someone gets lucky to hit a bomber, but not take damage themselves then it's pure luck.  I ask you, how many times has it happened?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:16:54 PM by Scca »