Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
I am merely the man ( Thusly making it impossible for me to be anyones "mommy") who is compelled to call people out on disrespectful treatment of fellow players offering their equally valid opinions.    I am the man who can hold my own verbally jousting on these boards, jousting in the virtual air, on the virtual ground and enjoy a feisty debate almost as much as I love a zero on zero 1 on 1! 

Yama was someone I shared the virtual skies of Fighter Ace with for many years and someone who's opinions shouldn't be marginalized nor dismissed because of a few spelling or homophone errors.

I am Nishizawa.      :aok

Well, hiya. I'm Arlo. Yama isn't being marginalized or dismissed for a spelling error. I merely mentioned it in passing.
Given his claim of authority when it comes to game design and internet technology it just seemed a bit amusing ...
but that's ok, Dale's spelling is heralded here as a mark of genius. Yama is being marginalized and dismissed (by me ...
and some others) for his own disrespectful treatment of this game, it's developers and this community over something
he apparently didn't fully understand. When many tried to help him understand what he's apparently upset about, he
stood his aggravated ground with very little reason. He started this thread expecting to be marginalized and dismissed
for such. You came into this thread to defend him. Missions accomplished.

Having said that, both of you appear to be grateful that you have found a new home in Aces High and amongst its
community. He just seems to still have a bone or two to pick in public. That's ok, this isn't new. Even amongst those of us
who found our way here from Air Warrior or Warbirds. The Muppets appear to be absorbing more and more former FAers.
I have friends in that squad (and others there who aren't so much). Here's to less being lost in emotional translation, no
matter who starts it, who adds to it or who reconsiders it.  :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »
Dog pile on page 5.  Display righteous anger by calling OP an arse hat.  Post pics.  Get owned (in writing).  Post nonsensical response.

It's not easy being Arlo.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
Dog pile on page 5.  Display righteous anger by calling OP an arse hat.  Post pics.  Get owned (in writing).  Post nonsensical response.

It's not easy being Arlo.   :old:

Actually, it's very easy. I know you bear resentment from my having taken the time
to embarrass you on the forum once or twice (which was a waste of said time) but you
really need to learn to let go. I mean, there we were, flying in an event last night, my
watching over your six. I thought maybe you managed to turn a maturity corner.  :aok

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
What about the bombers??? :furious

:lol

Doesn't happen to anybody else?  :noid
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »
What about the bombers??? :furious

Doesn't happen to anybody else?  :noid

I'm sure it does. Alas, bomber formations don't generally maneuver all that much.

Fighter vs. fighter, however, if it's a tight knife fight then you're just tempting fate. Never get
closer than 200 and chances are you'll never collide. Of course, there's times when one or both
lose sight of each other until the collision happens on one or both FEs. I suspect that most players
that are experiencing a lot of collisions are hard yanking tail-chasers. Which is fine, just don't whine.

:D :salute :cheers:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
Actually, it's very easy. I know you bear resentment from my having taken the time
to embarrass you on the forum once or twice (which was a waste of said time) but you
really need to learn to let go. I mean, there we were, flying in an event last night, my
watching over your six. I thought maybe you managed to turn a maturity corner.  :aok

You hippies are so cute with your vivid imaginations.    :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
This could have been much simpler with less bum hurting all around if it were posted to the Wishlist forum asking Hitech to recode the game from collisions being controlled as a client centric function, to collisions controlled as a server centric function.

And even more elegant, as one master programmer and game designer to another, in an e-mail to Dale Addink discussing his choice of collision handeling in the face of other available solutions.

Anybody bothered to bone up on Shader Technology and how your video card will respond to it with the next game release? Our resident gurus might be able to help the forum understand why Shader will benefit them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »
I see my the margaritas and several beers I drank at dinner will not be enough for this evening.  Cracking open another now...

:rolleyes:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
You hippies are so cute with your vivid imaginations.    :)

Are you gonna follow me around for days again?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »
Arlo, your shirt has arrived.

The others were given to Midway, MANaWAR, Handsolo and Grayclif. Enjoy.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »
Arlo, your shirt has arrived.

(Image removed from quote.)

The others were given to Midway, MANaWAR, Handsolo and Grayclif. Enjoy.

How did you get irritated in all this?

Here's yours, amigo:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
Over/under for Arlo pics for the remainder of this thread = 4

I'm taking the under because that's how I roll.   :rock 
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2013, 10:19:51 PM »
Over/under for Arlo pics for the remainder of this thread = 4

I'm taking the under because that's how I roll.   :rock 

So the answer was yes.  :lol

Offline blkblade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »
Tell that to my back in the morning when I get up.   :old:
I would but I've fallen and apparently can't get up  :old:
I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »
What I meant, as I wrote, what about the bombers colliding when a ftr comes in too close, how is the bomber pilot supposed to avoid that?

This thread is so far gone, prolly start my own about ^
They're casting their bait over there, see?