Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
Net code may be smoother to avoid warping, but it cannot get around lag causing different apparent positions on different front ends.  Physics doesn't offer a method to do so at this time.

Frankly, everything having to check in with the server and then the server sending OKs back would, if anything, increase the effects of lag.  It would make gunnery a nightmare too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
YamaRaja  :salute

I've winged up beside you a many a flight sir and I know you to be a good guy.  Most of those in here, like you, are good guys too.  Those snapping at your frustration on the collision model are also frustrated because they do understand how and why the way it works and most of us for think it's the best possible model available.  Don't be discouraged by their frustration, keep playing.  It took me awhile to understand it myself but I believe, once you embrace it and understand it you will also be ok with it.

Happy landings sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
 :salute Triton.  I've had some really fun fights with you.  It's always a pleasure to encounter you in the MA, win or lose.  On topic, I squawked once about the collision model on our Knight channel and I apologize to all for crying like a baby then.  ;)  It doesn't bug me at all now. 
Fight's on!

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »
It's not shocking just a bit sad that we all can't be a little more respectful to each other.  If anything ever stops me from logging on to the game it would be the attitudes of some of the folks here.  My time is limited and I'm discerning with respect to whom I'll spend it with.  Luckily there are far more decent good sports here than Rumal and Phaelen types.  

You now understand why I've almost quit the game....twice.  Luckily my status as a AH addict won out and I returned...but it still bothers me so I've made changes while ingame to minimize distractions (e.g. stay off 200, squelch if I get a PM whine, etc).  Not saying I'm going to do this forever but for the time being I am.

Chest thumping and trash talking will always happen....but I agree it's gotten a bit much lately...it's either that or I just have less tolerance for it as I've gotten older...I admit it's completely possible I've become a grumpy old man just shy of 48.   :old:

NOW GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »
I do the same now, including muting fellow Knights who complain too much.  I really enjoy this game and on a few occasions have allowed myself to get dragged into mud slinging on .200.  No more for me.  So if you're calling out the Pony "running away", it just might be me leaving because you've wounded me and I keep blacking out.  And if I push negative g as a last ditch effort to escape your excellent surprise attack , know that I didn't pull the cables to a avoid a shoot down.  Although I still don't know what that means Phaelan.  And if I ho you it's only because I've been hoed by the twelfth Rook that day and I'm fed up and not inclined any longer to giving you the benefit of the doubt.  It's a great game and I look forward to battling you Bish and Rooks tomorrow in my Debden ponies. :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:14:03 PM by Golden Dragon »
Fight's on!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »
... I've made changes while ingame to minimize distractions (e.g. stay off 200, squelch if I get a PM whine, etc).  Not saying I'm going to do this forever but for the time being I am.

Works for me. Years now.  :) :salute :cheers:

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2013, 01:24:19 AM »
Not reading 8 pages this far. I've played other sims and games with a damage model for a flying game. I have burried my plane into others in here when just as i hit the guns the other plane and mine shutters for a few seconds and i come out of the dive with damage. Call it video card problems or lag problems, it sucks either way. When in a straight up street fight with someone though and then to lose because the other guy crashes in to your plane in some rolling scissors yeah that takes the credibility of the model to the out house. At the same time, it's a game and the internet has a mind of it's own more often than not.
The fanbois will say you are whining, the not so fanbois will say break out a different bottle opener. I say try and find a happy medium sir. Don't consider the one fight you have with someone the end of the world. If that were the case none of us would have any perk points.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2013, 06:48:25 AM »
I lost a 262 yesterday to a guy i shot down , crashed into me :rofl

200 perks :cry

1800 left  :rofl

Its a outrage

Dirtdart asked 10 minutes later where my 262 was? :rofl

It was that important i forgot to mention it :rofl

Hack got his perk plane shot down by a TBM by the way in the same sortie, it must stated he has been in The GFC for only a week and is still in a probation period :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »
I admit it's completely possible I've become a grumpy old man just shy of 48.

No one said you are old.... Sir.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
If you don't deack in a 262 then you have not experienced fun.  :old:
Top Gun

Offline blkblade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
You now understand why I've almost quit the game....twice.  Luckily my status as a AH addict won out and I returned...but it still bothers me so I've made changes while ingame to minimize distractions (e.g. stay off 200, squelch if I get a PM whine, etc).  Not saying I'm going to do this forever but for the time being I am.

Chest thumping and trash talking will always happen....but I agree it's gotten a bit much lately...it's either that or I just have less tolerance for it as I've gotten older...I admit it's completely possible I've become a grumpy old man just shy of 48.   :old:

NOW GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!

48 is NOT old.  :old:
I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
Who the hades are you and how long have you been his mommy?

(Image removed from quote.)
I am merely the man ( Thusly making it impossible for me to be anyones "mommy") who is compelled to call people out on disrespectful treatment of fellow players offering their equally valid opinions.    I am the man who can hold my own verbally jousting on these boards, jousting in the virtual air, on the virtual ground and enjoy a feisty debate almost as much as I love a zero on zero 1 on 1! 

Yama was someone I shared the virtual skies of Fighter Ace with for many years and someone who's opinions shouldn't be marginalized nor dismissed because of a few spelling or homophone errors.

I am Nishizawa.      :aok

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
Well said Nishizwa and I like your attitude.  I've always enjoyed my fights with you and you're deadly in those maneuverable planes if I lose the speed and E advantage.
Thank you sir, I do enjoy the challenge that staying alive (in a paper plane) long enough to equalize E states presents.

I'm curious, is your name in game a closely guarded secret?

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
I am merely the man ( Thusly making it impossible for me to be anyones "mommy") who is compelled to call people out on disrespectful treatment of fellow players offering their equally valid opinions.    I am the man who can hold my own verbally jousting on these boards, jousting in the virtual air, on the virtual ground and enjoy a feisty debate almost as much as I love a zero on zero 1 on 1! 

Yama was someone I shared the virtual skies of Fighter Ace with for many years and someone who's opinions shouldn't be marginalized nor dismissed because of a few spelling or homophone errors.

I am Nishizawa.      :aok

Nishi is one of the classiest players in the game, bar none.  And take it from a fellow lover of Jiro Horikoshi's wonderful compromise of performance, range and agility over pilot protection and fuel safety.....Nishi will beat you badly in most rides...but he will absolutely crush you while flying the Zeke.  Hide your Spitfire and K4s, parents!  :lol

Modesty aside...I'm good in a Zeke....but Nishi's Da Man.    :salute

< --- Fulcrum will now detach himself from Nishi's leg.    :D

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
48 is NOT old.  :old:

Tell that to my back in the morning when I get up.   :old: