Author Topic: Do WIN 7 or 8 upgrade current OS or replace?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Do WIN 7 or 8 upgrade current OS or replace?
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2013, 03:50:44 AM »
NO all it took for anyone using AH was to write 2 lines of text to this forum and BAM there, they had the solution they needed. The same task could be achieved in mere seconds by using Google.

I'm not telling anyone not to get Win7 unless they happen to play BF4. But if someone got a copy of 8 with their new computer, it would be dumb (IMO) to spend extra money towards 7.

and what would the search be for google, win8 sucks?  I hate win8?  why does win8 sucks so much?  why doesnt ms fix win8?  why is win8 so hard to use?

ok I do understand, google "how to fix win8"  that should really give you the top option to install "classic shell".

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=how+to+fix+win8&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2013, 04:19:43 AM »
and what would the search be for google, win8 sucks?  I hate win8?  why does win8 sucks so much?  why doesnt ms fix win8?  why is win8 so hard to use?

ok I do understand, google "how to fix win8"  that should really give you the top option to install "classic shell".

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=how+to+fix+win8&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

semp

Just type win8 start menu as google search and you got an ad offering a solution as the first hit. If you're using Yahoo for searches you're already doing it wrong lol.

Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 06:11:24 AM »
OK fair enough. So what are the technical reasons why you think Windows 8 couldn't be made as fast or faster than Windows 7 since they're largely the same operating system?

Well, seeing how Microsoft has done pretty much what I have done to make Windows 7 faster, I think Windows 8 is about as fast as it will get.  Microsoft did remove some functionality in order to speed up Windows 8.  I have not had to resort to that with Windows 7.

I have not spent a great deal of time trying to figure it out though.  There are too many reasons I will never use Windows 8, or any of its family, so I am not going to waste time on it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »
There are too many reasons I will never use Windows 8, or any of its family, so I am not going to waste time on it.
And exactly that is what we would like to know, what are those reasons?

Im perfectly happy with the win7 though. Still curious.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
Because even though the list of 'improvements' is a long one, it is still a dog for people to use because it takes the people component and slows it down. Windows 7 is very well designed and very functional, so why MS decided to move away from the Windows concept and move to the Metro interface (non-Windows) is a mystery. The result is that there is no Windows anymore. Touch screen is cool, but I have that on Kindle and do not want it on my PC especially if that means losing the efficiency of the Windows 7 interface. Windows 8 is not efficient, except on the computing end and even then it does not save enough to make it worthwhile (and Skuzzy points out Windows 7 can be streamlined to work faster). Also, you can make Windows 7 use a touch screen if you really want to.

The whole reason there is a Windows 8 is because MS wants to make Windows a consumption vector by which they get more of your money. Why else would MS, a company known for selling their premiere OS, offer Windows 8 for a mere $40? The answer is simple. Windows 8 will open your wallet to them. The only really problem there is the Windows 8 app store is not a well stocked market at the moment. That will change.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
Classic shell does not fix Win8.  Win8 still insists on going to its tablet style interface at times and applications behave differently on Win8 than Win7.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
Classic shell does not fix Win8.  Win8 still insists on going to its tablet style interface at times and applications behave differently on Win8 than Win7.

If the user interface looks different 1 times per day that doesnt mean win8 is broken lol. If you get booted to the metro interface you probably have file associations linked to open files using the native apps, which you should fix as a first thing. Other than that what exactly do you mean by applications behaving differently?