Author Topic: Dec FSO  (Read 2298 times)

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
Re: Dec FSO
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »
As Alpo said 6 gun I think that was us. By the way do you still have my left Aileron, I'd kind of like to patch the bullet holes and reinstall it!  :salute
To the 2 190's <S> I ended up with a disco, figures!

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
Some of the guys from Australia experienced frame lock up when within gun range of the big B29 formation.  As soon as I hit D800 my frame rate dropped to less than 5 and I had no control.  Once it cleared I had a pw and no tail.  So I spent 20 mins climbing to 30+k to be killed by frame lock up.  Was still fun though while it lasted. <S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Please don't mistake my observation as a whine. It was a great battle that's for sure, one I should have not survived. I made a lot of errors.

I would have been nice though to get on station before the armada arrived.

:salute to the 47's and 38's who granted me a landing.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
When are we going to have an FSO that doesn't favor the Axis? With the exception of BOB, the last 3 have heavily favored the Axis. I thought BOB was balanced and I, in fact, flew for the LW ... Axis. That was the last time I enjoyed FSO.

Superforts: LW gets to have all fighters. Allies have to take 50 pilots out to be bombers. LW outnumbers Allied slightly overall and then subtract 50 pilots out from the Allied side. Result: Allied massacre.

Stalingrad: LW gets to fly all the good fighters. Russians get to fly crappy Russian planes. I16s? Really? Against 109s? Oh yeah, the 111 rearming thing was suppose to balance it out. Well it didn't.

Green Desert: Kind of the same as Superforts. Allies have to subtract a bunch of pilots to fly bombers. Axis has all fighters. Axis knows exactly what the targets are going to be. How hard is that? Allied massacre.

in looking athe logs from yesterday.  a full squadron of b24's literally massacred each other.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline amulford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »
Hard fought action and a resounding Allied victory in our sector.

Simply could not stop the lethal B-24's.

Looking forward to Frame 2.

That was the ClaimJumpers you ran into Stampf.  <S> 

I thought it was a blast. 
StraBult - FSO C/O ClaimJumpers

Offline BLBird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:30 PM »
Wonder if some guys know that gunning a bomber in FSO is different than in the MA in that you can shoot down your fellow bomber wingman. In the MA you don't even kill-shoot yourself if you hit other bombers in your formation. Also, is there a server limit on how many bombs it can track? Seems that when we dropped our 1200 bombs on A35 (in practice and frame 1) from our B29 formation some of them just didn't hit the ground.

Blackbird

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
That was the ClaimJumpers you ran into Stampf.  <S> 

I thought it was a blast. 

Indeed it was...though felt more like an aluminum freight train... Well done. <S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 02:33:35 AM »
Wonder if some guys know that gunning a bomber in FSO is different than in the MA in that you can shoot down your fellow bomber wingman. In the MA you don't even kill-shoot yourself if you hit other bombers in your formation. Also, is there a server limit on how many bombs it can track? Seems that when we dropped our 1200 bombs on A35 (in practice and frame 1) from our B29 formation some of them just didn't hit the ground.

Blackbird

we were the TA152s that attacked you just as you dropped bombs. Our entire squad had issues from that point on, stutters, lock ups and very low frame rates. Maybe there was too much going on at once.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »
Nope you have uncovered the Allies most secret weapon---The super duper whammy jammer!-- :rofl Don't get all wound up, I was just making a joke.
we were the TA152s that attacked you just as you dropped bombs. Our entire squad had issues from that point on, stutters, lock ups and very low frame rates. Maybe there was too much going on at once.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »
I had a blast! 

<S> the AKs, FBs, and Muppets.  Great fights fellas (and lady).
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
Wonder if some guys know that gunning a bomber in FSO is different than in the MA in that you can shoot down your fellow bomber wingman.

The regulars are well aware of killshooter being off in FSO. My Checkertail boys were flying a very close formation of B24 (with formations). I think perhaps too close, as it's apparent that there were many kills and assists awarded on ourselves - except me of course, because I'm just a Dot.  :D

My only complaint was that I sawed the wings off of two 109s and I think I had a third going down, but go zero credit for any of them because I lost my last drone while those guys were still riding their wrecks down from 14,000'.  :furious
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:05:40 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
Also, is there a server limit on how many bombs it can track? Seems that when we dropped our 1200 bombs on A35 (in practice and frame 1) from our B29 formation some of them just didn't hit the ground.

Blackbird

I dropped in on a B29 just as the bombs started falling.  As I opened fire, frame rate dropped to 1 then locked up.  I got a flicker of movement again then it was the inside of the tower.  The tower rattled and banged for about 10 seconds with the lagging machine gun hit sounds.  I'm thinking that there were just too many objects in the area or there was something else in play.
Btw, while I was in the tower the whole danged field erupted.  I think there was a FH and an ammo standing.  Everything else, including the ack just blew up.  Darn good bombing (yes it looked like about 1200 bomb hits).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:27:21 PM by Dantoo »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
I dropped in a B29 just as the bombs started falling.  As I opened fire, frame rate dropped to 1 then locked up.  I got a flicker of movement again then it was the inside of the tower.  The tower rattled and banged for about 10 seconds with the lagging machine gun hit sounds.  I'm thinking that there were just too many objects in the area or there was something else in play.
Btw, while I was in the tower the whole danged field erupted.  I think there was a FH and an ammo standing.  Everything else, including the ack just blew up.  Darn good bombing (yes it looked like about 1200 bomb hits).

I imagine the clouds played a major factor. My frame rate was worse while looking towards the ground, especially with all the 29s and 51s in the area.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
I imagine the clouds played a major factor. My frame rate was worse while looking towards the ground, especially with all the 29s and 51s in the area.

for FSOs...do you turn all the eye candy off?
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة