Author Topic: Internet connection and tip question?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
Internet connection and tip question?
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:15 PM »
Internet connection and tip question   Skuzzy said that if u had more than 2 percent of ur cpu usage it causes lots of problems.. Mine goes all the way to 14 and I have noticed lots of problems with rubber bullets and lag..  I have norton 360 and it will not help me get rid of this garbage... I been getting pop ups and all kinds of crap while I surf the web.. I will click a web page and it sends me to another page...   I have spyware or maleware going on and can't find it.. Can anyone help me out please its making this game way to hard..  I am not a computer guru by no means and I just need to get this fixed! If anyone can help ty very much...
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Internet connection and tip question?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:31:16 AM »
Trigg, I'm no computer expert by any means, but the first thing I did was get rid of Nortons!  I use AVG and am very pleased with it, they have a free version you can down load. There are others here on the forum that can give you a lot better advice on the other issues, so I'll let them do the talking from here.  :salute and Welcome to Aces High!
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:03 AM »
malwarebytes antimalware 

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I believe they have an online checker......

also I like "whats running" to see exactly what is running in the background.

good luck :aok

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:06:44 AM »
Ink beat me to malwarebytes, but also you could try Glarys Utlilities, it will get rid of some ad/spyware and clean up registry and temp files
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:43:38 AM »
Norton is useless for ridding or protecting your computer from malware/spyware.  Norton is a virus all on its own and no one should be using it.  It boggles my mind people are still using that malware called Norton.

Others have made some good suggestions.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »
From the Norton family the 360 is the worst nightmare of an antivirus suite I've ever seen! It nags about things it thinks you should do, or does its stuff when you wouldn't want it to. Get rid of it. Unfortunately it often digs its roots very deep inside Windows, making it hard to uninstall totally. Since you seem to have all kinds of nasties in your computer, it would be wise to make a clean install instead of an endless cleaning process not knowing if something were hiding and waiting for an unsuitable moment to contaminate your computer again.

Remember that a clean install will wipe everything you have on the C: drive at least, so make a copy of your valuables such as photos and other things that you can't download or install. Before that you might like to clean up a little bit. Start with CCleaner to get rid of temporary files, then run Eset Online scanner with the following Advanced Options ticked: Potentially unwanted and Potentially harmful. Eset is quite good in finding all kinds of nasties, not only viruses, especially with those two options chosen.

There are ways to clean a computer, but the result is never 100% proof. In your case a total clean reinstall is the best solution, I suppose.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
Thanks for all ur replies.. Norton is uninstalled now... I just paid 100 buks for it about a month ago at staples... What a bunch of crooks.. That malwarebytes is workin very well it seems...

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
Thanks for all ur replies.. Norton is uninstalled now... I just paid 100 buks for it about a month ago at staples... What a bunch of crooks.. That malwarebytes is workin very well it seems...

you might also want to grab "CCleaner" to get rid of programs that start up that are not needed....cleaning out old programs....

there is also a website

http://www.blackviper.com/

excellent source to find a good configuration for your system.....what to shut down and whatnot....

lots of services are running on a default system that don't need to be, this site will help in figuring out what you can shut off.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »
Ty Ink I have it :aok

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
 :) As I mentioned earlier, lots of help on this forum! :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »
Ive always used Spybot. Its free and effective and they are always updating.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
Ive always used Spybot. Its free and effective and they are always updating.

True, but although it is quite effective against spyware and other malware, it isn't actually an anti-virus:
Quote from: http://www.safer-networking.org/features/
Anti virus protection – paid editions of Spybot offer you award-winning antivirus protection

If the free version the only shield against malware in your computer, I wouldn't dare do banking with it. Unless you have tweaked your Windows to something asketic like Skuzzy has done.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
Ink beat me to malwarebytes, but also you could try Glarys Utlilities, it will get rid of some ad/spyware and clean up registry and temp files

glary's is known to be a good tool for messing up your registry.  they were also known to install other products even though you had declined for them to be installed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
glary's is known to be a good tool for messing up your registry.  they were also known to install other products even though you had declined for them to be installed.

semp

I have used Glarys for a long time, never had a problem...although it is not used as anti virus or anti anything, its more like CCleaner then anything.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
When using Malwarebytes..........check "other tools"..........they have a beta root kit killer that helped me out once.........its free.........
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP