Author Topic: mary jane  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: mary jane
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »
Your life experiences do not make marijuana beneficial. 

Sorry, but I would consider much of what you have claimed to have done to be poor choices that do not back your claim.
narc! While I agree with what you have said for the most part, years ago I was part of the wake and bake crowd simply for pain management. Yeah, it's illegal (was at least, some states are headed in the right direction), but so are a whole lot of other things way worse than pot. Having said that, I no longer do it as I've been able to keep my pain manageable with RX pain killers (legal ones, not off the street. :) ) I, like delirium am just kinda turned off by the stigma about it anymore. But, if people want to toke up I really have no objection.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2014, 02:56:31 AM »
I don't have an issue with marijuana used for pain management.  If it is legally prescribed, that's great.  I do have a problem with stoners thinking that it is perfectly fine with no consequences.  That's my issue.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2014, 03:57:37 AM »
Provide a study.  There is not one that supports marijuana use in moderation as being good for you.
You didn't provide one for your claims. Why should he? And there are plenty of of claims that moderate use is beneficial, hence Medical Marijuana.

But since you asked here's a dozen or so.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2014, 04:53:51 AM »
You didn't provide one for your claims. Why should he? And there are plenty of of claims that moderate use is beneficial, hence Medical Marijuana.

But since you asked here's a dozen or so.

Uh, none of those included recreational use.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:33 AM »
Banning alcohol would also be a benefit to society :old:

In fact a prohibition act would solve numerous social problems :old:

All the countries that outlaw alcohol are a shining example of modernism :old:

obviously we can keep some alcohol products such as beer for nutritional properties and Brandy for keeping you warm :old:

Colonial beer is water and wee :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2014, 07:07:37 AM »
just as a small case study, no one who plays aces high really drunk is any good in a real 1on1 fight. Lots of the best players I know are stoned when they fly to perfection. Just throwing that out there.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »
I dont smoke the stuff, never have and never will, smells like bad BO to me  :lol  I agree with what zack said back on like page 2, the only reason its illegal is the govt cant make money on it, too many small growers to be able to control it.  Do I think you should smoke while at work? absolutely not do I think you should smoke while driving, absolutely not.  IMHO pot is not as dangerous as alcohol, I have NEVER heard of someone crashing their car because they were toked up(not saying it doesnt or cant happen, I am sure it does, I have just never heard of it)  I have heard quite often, drunk driver in accident kills family of 3, drunk driver crossed median on highway and crashed into oncoming traffic injuring several.  I dont believe alcohol should be illegal, as its poor CHOICES made by dumbarsed people, then blame it on the booze.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting so plastered that you pass out or make an idiot out of yourself AT HOME.  I also dont see anything wrong with getting completely blazed in your home either, what someone does in their own home is none of anyone elses business(apartments aside) I think it should be legalized, I see it no different than booze

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »
In regards to booze, you should see the state of my lavatory after recent festivities :cry

Its a nightmare :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »
IMHO pot is not as dangerous as alcohol, I have NEVER heard of someone crashing their car because they were toked up(not saying it doesnt or cant happen, I am sure it does, I have just never heard of it) 
According to this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_driving_deaths_are_due_to_Marijuana 1% out of 40.000 traffic deaths makes 400 dead pot influenced drivers. I can't give any statistics, but I believe that there are more than 99 alcohol users to one pot smoker, which would mean that a greater percentage of potters drive compared to drunks.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
pretty sad stats here  :(       http://www.centurycouncil.org/drunk-driving/drunk-driving-fatalities-national-statistics   400 vs 10k lol either or if they are caught stoned or drunk there should be stiff penalties for both, because they aren't only endangering their lives (I couldnt care less) but everyone else on the road.  I had an eye opener several years back where I saw a family of 4 that got hit head on by a guy  who was drunk and racing down the road in speeds greater than 80 mph in a 35.  I tell ya after seeing first hand 2 little kids in the back seat that were mangled up and dead, I have absolutely no sympathy on drunk drivers  :mad:   they should never be allowed to drive again cars taken away and whatever to keep them from seeing the roads again.  that was almost 9 years ago but the image is still burned into my mind.  I am sure some of you all on here have seen the same :(  I feel the same way about driving stoned, still impaired

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »
Uh, none of those included recreational use.
Uh, he said moderate use. He didn't specify the reason.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »

"smoking every day for about three years"
Ignoring that this is a fairly unreasonable amount of marijuana to be smoking, do you know what medical condition affects those who, say, drink every day for three years?
Death.

News to this man!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
Banning alcohol would also be a benefit to society :old:

In fact a prohibition act would solve numerous social problems :old:

All the countries that outlaw alcohol are a shining example of modernism :old:

obviously we can keep some alcohol products such as beer for nutritional properties and Brandy for keeping you warm :old:

Colonial beer is water and wee :old:
so your will should be imposed on others because you know best?
Freedom is the only answer,, freedom to do stupid things,, as well as smart ones.
Prohibition was tried, and failed,,, it will continue to fail in its current state as well,, until those in power here wake up, look around, and see better ways!   Decriminalization is the only real answer,, it's been done in other places, the studies have been done as well to show the effects of such,,, read up on them !
Flying since tour 71.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »

Things I've done on alcohol.
Asked a friends girlfriend to partake in intercourse with me, while friend was present.
Woke up in a puddle of my piss annd went back to sleep.
Explain to a cop why I almost ran him over.
Asked my cousin to ask his girlfriend to have a 3 way...I don't remember doing this.
Do the stanky leg to george strait, in a country themed bar which got me walked right out of there.
Walked into strangers house and called next at the kitchen table.
Thought it was a good idea to walk around with a mortar firing artillery shells like I was Liu kang.

with this in mind, have a safe new years all.

Matts bucket list

#10...  Go drinking with Bagrat at least once in my life

Whew....finally finished...Thanks Bagrat  :aok :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
just as a small case study, no one who plays aces high really drunk is any good in a real 1on1 fight. Lots of the best players I know are stoned when they fly to perfection. Just throwing that out there.

Lab studies have shown that driving stoned is just as risky as driving drunk. But I guess we'll take your word for it instead  :devil
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone