Author Topic: Baffled at getting muted, who moderates the moderators?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Baffled at getting muted, who moderates the moderators?
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »
Why is it that despite constant and distastefull chatter on 200 as the norm with no moderator actions taken a very minor comment involving a politician got me muted twice, no warning? Is this just left up to the mods personal and political preference to determine what is punishable? I feel like I was the target of the moderators vengeance for daring to say something they personally didn't agree with and not at all something horrible or offensive that meant to upset other players or violated any rules as they are posted. I have played many many years and the 2nd and third times I have ever been muted were both tonight and in my opinion out of spite. Please leash your moderators or do us paying customers the favor of clearly defining what is and is not acceptable and consistently enforce breaches of said acceptable conduct. Even a warning that some "grey area" was to be left alone would have been nice vs. getting treated like a gradeschool child and sat in the corner. I am not paying to have the occasional moderator take offence to my differing opionion and punish me, I am paying to play a game and have no issue with following the rules as they are written, I think it might be a good idea to go over them with the moderator on duty this evening, and point out there is no rule where they have free reign to disrupt customers gaming any time they don't agree or care for a statement made due to personal beliefs, which it must be since far worse and generally offensive statements are a constant which did not seem to warrant the mods wrath. OK, Im done with my lengthy gripe, and still very offended by the behavior and actions of this evenings "moderator" and my unwarranted punishment, for all the thousands of dollars I have spent over the years subscribing to this excellent game I think it would not hurt to spend a few of them talking to your mods and the players about this issue and letting us know where to read the rules and whether we can expect some kind of consistent enforcement of them or make it clear we are at the mercy of a bad mood or differing opinion randomly interrupting the service we pay for. If its the latter, please inform me in a timely manner so I can spend my money on something that wont be turned off, degraded, or be anything less than the service purchased due to some employee getting into a tizzy over any random word spoken.

Mendo

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Baffled at getting muted, who moderates the moderators?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:18:30 PM »
bringing it to the forums is exactly the right move.  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:26:34 PM »
I heard one of my team mates (bish) also complaining about being unduly muted on 200 this evening. I don't understand how ANYbody could get muted on 200. the entire conversation is always complaints, name calling, and general taunting. one of the best things Hi-tech could do is GET RID OF 200. there shouldn't be ANY cross team communication at all except for <SALUTE>.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »
If this was just a little bit ago in late war.
I think you were warned by several people not to go there & you persisted.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:44:59 PM »
I support " DUCK COMMANDER "  that is all carry on.

:salute
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 12:03:17 AM »
Im not asking for much, just some consistency and fairness. If I am to have my service altered as some form of punishment, then clearly I should know I broke a rule, or its in print somewhere in the contract I agreed to when I paid for the service and I missed it, either way that would be my fault. What took place was nothing of the sort, just out of the blue I was punished and not able to make full use of what I am paying for due to an apparently random offensive remark ( I am guessing here ) with no reasoning or context for my punishment, I might have said I own 2 chevys and the mod was a ford owner so I got banned, that's how much sense it made and I don't feel this should continue to go unchecked. If there are no clear rules I have broken then why was I clearly relieved of any part of the service I am paying for? Why is all chatter beyond salutes not banned or muted when posted on 200 and everyone gets stiffed for their $15? A grave injustice has been done, with no known reason for said punishment or rule that was broken knowingly or not. I think the mod should pay for my next months service if there is to be such a thing as I refuse to gamble my money on playing a game that I might not get to play if someone somehow feels they should randomly make up rules no one knows about any indiscriminately punish the unaware for them, if they feel like it, at that moment, and pick a statement out of the thousands daily to vilify. I would like to hear from hitech and crew on this issue and maybe glean some insight into what appears to be lawless theft of my service due to my breaching some rule of conduct that does not to my knowledge exist, nor has ever been enforced with any kind of consistency if there is a rule I broke somewhere in the fine print. An apology would also be appreciated, since upon getting muted I could not even ask the mod what I had done to warrant getting muted in the first place, and once unmuted I mentioned that I felt it was unfair and BAM! muted for 16X longer than the first time, and have yet to be told what I did wrong and where it shows my actions or statements to be clearly defined as wrong and punishable. Ya, an apology and explanation at the very least are in order, and hopefully some consistency from there on out as again, I don't care to gamble my money buying a service that may be taken away for no reason at any time if someone somewhere with the authority to disrupt it feels like doing so and has to answer to no one for doing it as well as using some small percentage of my payment to employ them to do so.

Mendo

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:59 AM »
If this was just a little bit ago in late war.
I think you were warned by several people not to go there & you persisted.

That is not correct, in fact the political discussion I assume this was about had no input from me until the one sentence that got me muted, my 1st and at that point only statement having anything at all to do with the topic. I wasn't involved at all in the discussion until I made ( what I thought ) a humorous comment of a grand total of 7 words which may or may not have offended others, and was certainly not out of line with the running babble on 200. I suppose if one is to get banned for commenting on one politician but not their opposition we should be informed which way the lemmings run before we start the race or get disqualified if you get my drift. I was not warned by players or staff prior to getting muted, and had only made one comment total among a running discussion on 200.

Mendo

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »
in fact the political discussion I assume this was about had no input from me until the one sentence that got me muted

Are you angry because you got muted, or because you feel you were singled out? You admittedly discussed politics so I am less than sympathetic.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 12:28:28 AM »
Are you angry because you got muted, or because you feel you were singled out? You admittedly discussed politics so I am less than sympathetic.

I am angry that I was muted with no explanation or reason I warranted punishment. In fact after 2 hours I just looked and 200 has the SAME discussion going that my comment related to and got me muted, yet discussing the same thing for hours on end does not warrant punishment to be meted out on all involved, nor has the mod stated that they do not want this discussion to go further upon punishment of muting. There was and is no reason or explanation for my getting muted nor were there rules laid out that I clearly broke, after all if I had broken a rule chiming in on a discussion that's somehow taboo, why are the same people still carrying on with it 2 hours later and have not been found in violation of what  ( I guess ) got me muted? Consistency and reason is all I want, and an apology wouldn't hurt, or even a detailed lecture on how I specifically warranted the punishment I received and where I can access the list of unacceptable conduct so as to avoid breaking another rule in the future....

Mendo

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 12:37:35 AM »
I am angry that I was muted with no explanation or reason I warranted punishment. In fact after 2 hours I just looked and 200 has the SAME discussion going that my comment related to and got me muted, yet discussing the same thing for hours on end does not warrant punishment to be meted out on all involved, nor has the mod stated that they do not want this discussion to go further upon punishment of muting. There was and is no reason or explanation for my getting muted nor were there rules laid out that I clearly broke, after all if I had broken a rule chiming in on a discussion that's somehow taboo, why are the same people still carrying on with it 2 hours later and have not been found in violation of what  ( I guess ) got me muted? Consistency and reason is all I want, and an apology wouldn't hurt, or even a detailed lecture on how I specifically warranted the punishment I received and where I can access the list of unacceptable conduct so as to avoid breaking another rule in the future....

Our Mendo person has a future writing those auto-gripe messages that some of you folks post.

I'm missing why anyone is having a political discussion on 200 in the first place.

- oldman

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 12:46:38 AM »
I would suggest that when stuff like that starts up on 200, whoever wants no part of if should agree to an alternate 200 and switch to that.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 12:48:36 AM »
If you ramble on VOX as you do text...
Hmmm  You come to the conclusion.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 01:00:58 AM »
Bringing it to the forums just asks for it...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »
I have to agree with the OP

Who ever the MOD was, he/she was way out of line tonight. I have filled a compaint about you and will follow up that complaint on Monday morning.

I hope you can justify muting me for two hours for saying " wtg mod LOL you just made my point"

From what I understand Mods are in place to help a community stay safe for younger people joining the game? I have to wonder what happened?

Krabbs and Kuvo what exactly is wrong with making your complaint about the service your getting from a company your paying to provide that service public? I'm positive they don't like it. So what? It wasn't Just the OP that was harassed by this spineless MOD.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:34:20 AM by surfinn »

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »
Im not asking for much, just some consistency and fairness. If I am to have my service altered as some form of punishment, then clearly I should know I broke a rule, or its in print somewhere in the contract I agreed to when I paid for the service and I missed it, either way that would be my fault. What took place was nothing of the sort, just out of the blue I was punished and not able to make full use of what I am paying for due to an apparently random offensive remark ( I am guessing here ) with no reasoning or context for my punishment, I might have said I own 2 chevys and the mod was a ford owner so I got banned, that's how much sense it made and I don't feel this should continue to go unchecked. If there are no clear rules I have broken then why was I clearly relieved of any part of the service I am paying for? Why is all chatter beyond salutes not banned or muted when posted on 200 and everyone gets stiffed for their $15? A grave injustice has been done, with no known reason for said punishment or rule that was broken knowingly or not. I think the mod should pay for my next months service if there is to be such a thing as I refuse to gamble my money on playing a game that I might not get to play if someone somehow feels they should randomly make up rules no one knows about any indiscriminately punish the unaware for them, if they feel like it, at that moment, and pick a statement out of the thousands daily to vilify. I would like to hear from hitech and crew on this issue and maybe glean some insight into what appears to be lawless theft of my service due to my breaching some rule of conduct that does not to my knowledge exist, nor has ever been enforced with any kind of consistency if there is a rule I broke somewhere in the fine print. An apology would also be appreciated, since upon getting muted I could not even ask the mod what I had done to warrant getting muted in the first place, and once unmuted I mentioned that I felt it was unfair and BAM! muted for 16X longer than the first time, and have yet to be told what I did wrong and where it shows my actions or statements to be clearly defined as wrong and punishable. Ya, an apology and explanation at the very least are in order, and hopefully some consistency from there on out as again, I don't care to gamble my money buying a service that may be taken away for no reason at any time if someone somewhere with the authority to disrupt it feels like doing so and has to answer to no one for doing it as well as using some small percentage of my payment to employ them to do so.

Mendo

Probably a bit of a stretch to call just about anything that happens in a game "A grave injustice"

I think the mod should pay for my next months service

:confused:  :huh :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.