Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4284 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2014, 04:36:15 PM »
I don't feel it's as rare as you think....and in my mind the higher speed ACM is a lot of fun.  It's not as common as the low speed stuff seen in low furballs I will grant you.

an "aggressive" Bnzer...is most definitely rare in the MA.....I am not saying there are none....by any means....but far more often you will get guys who take a pass go 3-4k away and then make another HO pass rinse and repeat ad nauseam.....that is most prevalent BnZer you will find....

I very much enjoy fighting an aggressive BnZer....I know right away if that 190 or 51 is gonna be a good fight or not....I enjoy when they do it aggressively....when I see him go inverted and turn back into me at 2k....I know it will be a good fight.....win or lose.....and damn that is all I want.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Aggressive BnZ is the only way to do BnZ.  Timid BnZ never bleeds the enemy's E out as they just rebuild it during the long egress and ingress.  Timid BnZ relies on catching somebody doing something else.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2014, 04:44:03 PM »
Aggressive BnZ is the only way to do BnZ.  Timid BnZ never bleeds the enemy's E out as they just rebuild it during the long egress and ingress.  Timid BnZ relies on catching somebody doing something else.

and we have a winner...... :salute

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
an "aggressive" Bnzer...is most definitely rare in the MA.....I am not saying there are none....by any means....but far more often you will get guys who take a pass go 3-4k away and then make another HO pass rinse and repeat ad nauseam.....that is most prevalent BnZer you will find....

I very much enjoy fighting an aggressive BnZer....I know right away if that 190 or 51 is gonna be a good fight or not....I enjoy when they do it aggressively....when I see him go inverted and turn back into me at 2k....I know it will be a good fight.....win or lose.....and damn that is all I want.

Ahhh.  My mistake.  I misread and misinterpreted your post. My bad.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »

Yeah, that style should be called "drive by shootings". It's a valid tactic for many-on-many fights, but it's not the art of energy fighting.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »
A20G/Boston III

:noid
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
There are no easy planes - just easy pie-lets. And all of you are noobs!

:old:

I'm getting tempted to learn this soldering crap so I can fix about 4 joysticks and get back in the air. Brews are food, the yak-3 (or whatever) will be too.   :joystick:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:59 AM »
Brews are food, the yak-3 (or whatever) will be too. 

Oh, sure, for someone flying a noob ride like the La7!

- oldman (Hurry up and figure out your soldering iron.  Ask Ack-Ack if you're having trouble.)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »

Oh, sure, for someone flying a noob ride like the La7!

- oldman (Hurry up and figure out your soldering iron.  Ask Ack-Ack if you're having trouble.)

Howdy - where did BW disappear to? Did I miss an addy change? If it's still up can you pm me details? Thx.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
I would say I am an aggressive BnZ'er, but rarely do I find them when the tables are turned. 

My normal profile (in my nooish P-47M) is to come in high, 18K normally, to scare off all the Pee-51's, and Run-90's (they hit the deck when anything co-alt/E arrives).  Then I work my way down trying to keep my M in the performance wheel house till all the red guys are gone.  Rinse-repeat...

I have been trying to branch out though.  I have kills in 18 different fighters this month so far, only 4 or so that have made this list... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
There are no easy planes - just easy pie-lets. And all of you are noobs!

:old:

I'm getting tempted to learn this soldering crap so I can fix about 4 joysticks and get back in the air. Brews are food, the yak-3 (or whatever) will be too.   :joystick:

I shot Shane down a couple days ago.....

said hey, but he never responded.... :noid

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 07:31:50 PM »
I defend capped bases and die alot
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

Ain't me... someone has a big rep to live up to now, lol.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
Ain't me... someone has a big rep to live up to now, lol.

I shot you down once old man. You shot me down alot more. Come on back to the game, it needs you.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:42 PM »

Theres a Bish SHANE flying around.  I've seen him a few times lately and he's definately not Shane.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.