Author Topic: Fighting  (Read 9356 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighting
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »
sounds like a Dr Zeus song.... :rofl :rofl

"The Cat in the Horde"?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »
When (or if) you go to the gym or schoolyard to play a pickup game of basketball, do you play 1-on-1, 2-on-2, or other sizes of equally matched teams, or do you offer to play against 5 guys by yourself?

Note: the answer for most people has nothing to do with "Nintendo generation" or "cheat codes" or lack of skill or even ego or any of the other nonsense posted here by a bunch of whiny old women.

Minus the whine comment this post is interesting.  In this analogy, one must assume that all the players are roughly the same skill level thus creating a fun game of equal chance with zero chance of anyone being killed (removed from the game), thus all players can contribute now or later in the game.

So you're saying if people could fly and not die, they'd be more apt to engage? 

So your answer is A.

Thank you

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
The game has been intentionally directed that way by HTC imo manned guns, GVs, 12 hour switch times etc, all low risk or no risk in the case of manned guns methods of erm succeeding (if you could call it that) imo there should be no method of escaping potential death in this game.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
It's attitude, I think.  Nobody likes losing and going to the tower is losing to some... maybe most.  The difference is some see losing as a motivator to get better and some see it as a deterrent to engaging when they think they'll lose. 

Oldman has a good point though.  There are those I think that fly for the immersion.  My question is, why aren't all of those people flying FSO, scenarios, and special events?  I absolutely love our AH special events and see the MA as a bit of practice for them.  I can practice my SA and judgement by taking a mental note of when a real life pilot would have exited the fight, but I can't practice for those times where I have to stay and slug it out by RTB'ing at the first sign of trouble in the MA. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
When (or if) you go to the gym or schoolyard to play a pickup game of basketball, do you play 1-on-1, 2-on-2, or other sizes of equally matched teams, or do you offer to play against 5 guys by yourself?

Note: the answer for most people has nothing to do with "Nintendo generation" or "cheat codes" or lack of skill or even ego or any of the other nonsense posted here by a bunch of whiny old women.

The difference is, generally speaking your guys that want to play pickup basketball don't have 'Shirtz 4 Lyfe' and 'Skinz 4 Lyfe' tattooed on their foreheads and refuse to switch sides even though only 2 guys showed up to play Shirts.  That's the core of the problem with that analogy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »

I'll do whatever it takes to get a kill even if it means throwing my purse at them.  I dont give no quarter nor do I expect any.  if you run out of ammo then too bad, it isnt my fault that you used it all up before.  if your airplane is damaged when i find you well then it's your choice to either fight, crash or just let me kill you.  if you have kills and you are landing, I will vulch you if I can.  If i cant outturn you then I'll try to out run you.  If it is up to me I'll decide when and how to attack or if I want to fight you at all, just like you would if you were in my situation.  I expect all others to fight and act the same way I do.

this game doesnt define me as a human being nor does it give me honor.  it's laughable how some players think that how they play the game is the same as how they act in life.  In real life I dont look for ways to hurt you, or damage your house.  I dont look forward to killing you and anybody that is around you. in the game I do.

I have no skill whatsoever in this game nor do I want any.  to me this game is nothing more than a bunch of guys sitting around in a bar, joking around, drinking a few and lying their buttts off about the "big one they killed the other day".

to all those who like to think they follow "certain rules of conduct" in this game.  then all I have to say is this  :neener: :neener:.  I have seen you play, you are just bs'ing yourself  :bolt:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:42 PM »

this game doesnt define me as a human being nor does it give me honor.  it's laughable how some players think that how they play the game is the same as how they act in life. Quote from semp.
How you play games is absolutely how you act in life. Win at all costs? yup. The game may not GIVE you honor, but it DAMNED sure shows whether or not you act with honor in RL. In life, it's how you act when no one is looking that shows how you really are.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:44 PM »
I'll do whatever it takes to get a kill even if it means throwing my purse at them.  I dont give no quarter nor do I expect any.  if you run out of ammo then too bad, it isnt my fault that you used it all up before.  if your airplane is damaged when i find you well then it's your choice to either fight, crash or just let me kill you.  if you have kills and you are landing, I will vulch you if I can.  If i cant outturn you then I'll try to out run you.  If it is up to me I'll decide when and how to attack or if I want to fight you at all, just like you would if you were in my situation.  I expect all others to fight and act the same way I do.

this game doesnt define me as a human being nor does it give me honor.  it's laughable how some players think that how they play the game is the same as how they act in life.  In real life I dont look for ways to hurt you, or damage your house.  I dont look forward to killing you and anybody that is around you. in the game I do.

I have no skill whatsoever in this game nor do I want any.  to me this game is nothing more than a bunch of guys sitting around in a bar, joking around, drinking a few and lying their buttts off about the "big one they killed the other day".

to all those who like to think they follow "certain rules of conduct" in this game.  then all I have to say is this  :neener: :neener:.  I have seen you play, you are just bs'ing yourself  :bolt:

semp

You just confirmed the whole point.  :lol

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
How you play games is absolutely how you act in life. Win at all costs? yup. The game may not GIVE you honor, but it DAMNED sure shows whether or not you act with honor in RL. In life, it's how you act when no one is looking that shows how you really are.

BS.  When I play a game, I play hard because there's nothing meaningful at stake.  I expect the same from my opponents.  We all have the same tools to use.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

semp

the BBS is more like the bar that you hang out at......

the MA  is the gladiator arena........that the guys who hang out at the bar fight in......

there is Honor in life and ingames.........in what ever we do.........it is not something that can be turned off and on at will......

to say it is ok to be a tard because its a "game".......makes me question your character.

things in game that are tardly

vulching....(unless actually taking a base)
vulching a landing...shot up plane.....
being the 5-6-7-8-9-10- ECT con on a nme......
spawn camping in GVs........
shutting hangers down at where a good furball is going because you are angry not everyone is a part of the "war" effort.....
talking smack about how you fight...but refuse to go to DA and fight......

if you are totally into the immersion of playing like its real life....I don't classify that as "tardly" just boring....more then once a week FSO would get very old.....

this is a COMBAT game not a ww2 game.....

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
the BBS is more like the bar that you hang out at......

the MA  is the gladiator arena........that the guys who hang out at the bar fight in......

there is Honor in life and ingames.........in what ever we do.........it is not something that can be turned off and on at will......

to say it is ok to be a tard because its a "game".......makes me question your character.

things in game that are tardly

vulching....(unless actually taking a base)
vulching a landing...shot up plane.....
being the 5-6-7-8-9-10- ECT con on a nme......
spawn camping in GVs........
shutting hangers down at where a good furball is going because you are angry not everyone is a part of the "war" effort.....
talking smack about how you fight...but refuse to go to DA and fight......

if you are totally into the immersion of playing like its real life....I don't classify that as "tardly" just boring....more then once a week FSO would get very old.....

this is a COMBAT game not a ww2 game.....

I always knew thee was something I liked about you....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »
I always knew thee was something I liked about you....

:D :cheers:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:44 PM »
sounds like a Dr Zeus song.... :rofl :rofl

I guess it kind of does.  That's funny right there.   :rofl

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »
this game doesnt define me as a human being nor does it give me honor.  it's laughable how some players think that how they play the game is the same as how they act in life. Quote from semp.

give me an example on how you play the game that is how you live your life.  please be very specific as I will read it trying not to laugh at you.

see according to some here, I play without honor and thus I must have none in life.  and yet I have not been to prision.  I dont steal nor cheat anybody.  I try to help others as best as I can.  I volunteer as often as I can and donate what I can afford.  

do i consider myself "honorable" in real life?  nope, i am just an average bald, middle age guy that is too short and too fat and is always willing to have a laugh, but not at the cost of others.

how I play the game is not a reflection of my life.  however how you play the game is a reflection of your ego.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
every person plays according to the person they are. no way to get away from that.