Author Topic: Aerial Combat  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Aerial Combat
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »
This is essentially my fighting style when im in a deffinsive position. I like to get them to go for a shot while I'm setting up for the reverse maneuver . they fall for it every time.

Unless they dont miss.

Ask "HellCry" how that worked out for him the other day in his K4 o' Doom.

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »
Unless they dont miss.

Ask "HellCry" how that worked out for him the other day in his K4 o' Doom.

I'd say 1 in every 10 actually do get a shot. And then I'll happily applaud them. But its normally a blind faith shot so its extremely difficult to make. It has taken years for me to get it down properly. Although I don't think I have perfected it yet. I'm close though!!  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:15 AM »
I'm more of a defensive CounterPunch fighter in slower aircraft. Although I can get away with it in a p47 sometimes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
It's to not Screw up...

I don't mind getting killed, but I mind missing shots I should make, or misjudging something that leads to my death.

It like playing Tennis. If someone plays better than me, I'm impressed and happy in defeat. If I double fault, and hit every return into the net, I'm all pissed off.

Same goes with flying.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »

I just love flyin with the squad getting a bung

Ummmmmmmmmmm  :O
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2014, 11:03:37 AM »
It's to not Screw up...

I don't mind getting killed, but I mind missing shots I should make, or misjudging something that leads to my death.

It like playing Tennis. If someone plays better than me, I'm impressed and happy in defeat. If I double fault, and hit every return into the net, I'm all pissed off.

Same goes with flying.  :salute

My own experience is that 100% of my "deaths" are due to my own misjudgements, mistakes, inability to take advantage of specific situations or lapses in situational awareness.  In my opinion, this game boils down to mistake management i.e. the one who makes the least mistakes wins....period.  Even when faced against an opponent with better skills (e.g. E management, gunnery, ACM, etc etc) and/or other tactical advantages (i.e. altitude, relative E states, plane performance, etc) it comes down to who makes the least mistakes. 

This is not to say I don't appreciate or discount the skill of my opponent.  Someone who has better skills tends to make less mistakes and thus wins more.  I personally try to go into every fight thinking I can win and even against a better stick that there is always the chance they will make more mistakes.  Sometimes it even turns out that way!

I also personally feel once a person realizes their own mistakes are to blame for losing it improves their attitude.   That's not to say I've not sent a nastygram PM or whatnot in the past....I'm human and when emotions run hot they tend to override judgement and logic....but it certainly helps.  :)

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »
 :rofl Zoney,   I was typing it on my phone and it maid a few spelling errors/ autocorrects that didn't quite get across what I was trying to  :bhead :bhead. If you read it though you know what I mean, not bung but bunch  :P
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »
My own experience is that 100% of my "deaths" are due to my own misjudgements, mistakes, inability to take advantage of specific situations or lapses in situational awareness.  In my opinion, this game boils down to mistake management i.e. the one who makes the least mistakes wins....period.  Even when faced against an opponent with better skills (e.g. E management, gunnery, ACM, etc etc) and/or other tactical advantages (i.e. altitude, relative E states, plane performance, etc) it comes down to who makes the least mistakes. 

This is not to say I don't appreciate or discount the skill of my opponent.  Someone who has better skills tends to make less mistakes and thus wins more.  I personally try to go into every fight thinking I can win and even against a better stick that there is always the chance they will make more mistakes.  Sometimes it even turns out that way!

I also personally feel once a person realizes their own mistakes are to blame for losing it improves their attitude.   That's not to say I've not sent a nastygram PM or whatnot in the past....I'm human and when emotions run hot they tend to override judgement and logic....but it certainly helps.  :)

:rofl

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
For those of you that play the game, how do each of you define success, personally, while flying aircraft in AH?  Kills? Beating your best kill streak?  Hitting your exact targets while on a bomb run?  A revenge kill?  A random, unexpected 1 v 1 that got your heart pounding?   Running into superior numbers and making it back?  Beating someone that your usually don't beat?  A successfully planned and executed mission?  Being the air component in a base take?

some how i think this inocent question^^^^got blown way out of wack--see all 8 pages of response's to see what i mean. :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
some how i think this innocent question^^^^got blown way out of wack--see all 8 pages of response's to see what i mean. :joystick:

I'm not seeing it. Everyone seemed straight-forth.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
:rofl

Isn't it amazing how the smallest comment can set some off?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
I'm not seeing it. Everyone seemed straight-forth.

QFT
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »
Isn't it amazing how the smallest comment can set some off?

Dunno, I don't get set off. I just like to laugh at funny people.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2014, 05:03:58 AM »
Dunno, I don't get set off. I just like to laugh at funny people.
And I at petty people. 

Fulcrum has it right.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2014, 03:44:29 PM »
And I at petty people. 

Fulcrum has it right.

Then we both have a lot to laugh at in this game  :D