Author Topic: Aerial Combat  (Read 5659 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Aerial Combat
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »

I think the most important 1 is the lift vector and keeping it pointed at or better yet behind the enemy! The sooner you get your lift vector on the enemy the sooner you can turn into him.

I like to send players off to barrel roll around the offline drone,using the "look up" view or lift vector and practice keeping the drone in that view.

Once you understand that it's a matter of where the enemy is located on your monitor in that view and you can tell if you are loosing or gaining position on the enemy.

:salute

Niiiiice!  Do you have a film??
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
Niiiiice!  Do you have a film??

That is something I have never done,run film!     Wouldnt do me any good as I cant post a picture let alone a film...... :rofl :rofl :rofl

It's way over my pay grade!

:salute

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »
Record a film and send me the file  :D

I don't mind doing the dirty work.  <S>
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
if i get 1 kill in my plane-and i get shot down-i consider that a success :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »
I think my status says it all for me hehe like 5 or 6 of ya every sortie :t
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »
I think my status says it all for me hehe like 5 or 6 of ya every sortie :t

Come get some.  :lol
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2014, 11:45:04 PM »
  Did I have fun?

Did I make a difference for my team?

Did I hit my target?

Depending on what type of fight I am in, success will usually be one or more of these three. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:27 PM »
A theme is emerging with regard to defining success....fun.  It's a game obviously so "fun" is the objective.  To change the OP just a bit...how could it be MORE "fun" than it is now?

I have the most fun when I am working with teammates to achieve an objective.  Whether it is to capture a base, or defend a base. 

Or...  when I get in a really good furball, where the teams are evenly matched, and there are planes everywhere.   :x
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:02 AM »
A theme is emerging with regard to defining success....fun.  It's a game obviously so "fun" is the objective.  To change the OP just a bit...how could it be MORE "fun" than it is now?  I know that's a very subjective question but I'd like to try to do my part to make it more fun for the people I encounter in the game.  If it's more "fun" then more people I encounter will feel successful is what I'm getting at, including me.  What would be the fun at the top of your list?  Can the player base make it more "fun" without infringing on others defined "fun"?  I guess that might be impossible or a game culture issue..

There are lots of folks that I see doing this in game and none seem to have more fun than these guys even if it requires them to have lots of beer (Dodger, Lazer, lol).  

HT..yes HT making new maps would be more fun
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 07:11:24 AM »
Success to me is having fun.  Now of course, there are lots of ways to have fun, some "funner" than others

Some of the things that peg my fun meter:

• Watching a Pee-51 dive to the deck at first sighting when we are 1v1
  • Any fight that lasts more than 30 seconds and you are never really sure who has the advantage till that fatal mistake
  • Sending any ch200 hero to the tower regardless of their actual skill
  • Performing a well executed reverse. (It's icing on the cake when I also get the kill)
  • The anticipation while the troops are running after I landed a C47 next to town right under their noses
  • Watching my sqaddie take a base after driving an M3 a sector.  (dude, that was epic <S> AkSofty)

The list goes on...

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 07:12:34 AM »
HT..yes HT making new maps would be more fun
PSSST.. HT doesn't make maps, he leave that up to the player base, it's their game after all...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »
Nice!  Are success and max-fun the same for you or is there one thing that is more fun than everything else?
    success would be letting myself get immersed in the game ( hard for me to do as it is an eater of time) but when I do I am having max fun. If I can finish my sortie in the zone I'm max happy. Other wise I try to pop in when I can and look for that immersion fix. peace.  :joystick:
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
    success would be letting myself get immersed in the game ( hard for me to do as it is an eater of time) but when I do I am having max fun. If I can finish my sortie in the zone I'm max happy. Other wise I try to pop in when I can and look for that immersion fix. peace.  :joystick:

Thanks bud!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Success to me is having fun.  Now of course, there are lots of ways to have fun, some "funner" than others

Some of the things that peg my fun meter:

• Watching a Pee-51 dive to the deck at first sighting when we are 1v1

It's even better watching the ones that compress and lawndart.  Saw one do that a few months back and I think I laughed for an hour thinking about it.  :rofl
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)