Author Topic: Aerial Combat  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Aerial Combat
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
For those of you that play the game, how do each of you define success, personally, while flying aircraft in AH?  Kills? Beating your best kill streak?  Hitting your exact targets while on a bomb run?  A revenge kill?  A random, unexpected 1 v 1 that got your heart pounding?   Running into superior numbers and making it back?  Beating someone that your usually don't beat?  A successfully planned and executed mission?  Being the air component in a base take?

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Aerial Combat
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »
I am here to kill you all...... :t

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
I am here to kill you all...... :t

So kills is your answer?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
When I'm feeling intelligent, applying good ACM and tactics.

Under that heading, sometimes even a narrow escape from a tight spot is satisfying.

Other times, it is just watching a player-controled machine go boom by whatever means...A2A, vehicle, gun, all good.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »
Success for me is winning every fight regardless the situation. The kills are nice and the perk points sure do look pretty when they stack up, but if, for example, I get into a 3v1 and I only get 1 kill and forced the other two to rtb with broken planes then I call that a success.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
Pwn all go home and land my sweet victories... Sadly I go 0 for 2 a lot :(
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
For those of you that play the game, how do each of you define success, personally, while flying aircraft in AH?  Kills? Beating your best kill streak?  Hitting your exact targets while on a bomb run?  A revenge kill?  A random, unexpected 1 v 1 that got your heart pounding?   Running into superior numbers and making it back?  Beating someone that your usually don't beat?  A successfully planned and executed mission?  Being the air component in a base take?

all of those, except the base take, I haven't helped in a base take in many years.

i'll also add, having a good fight with another person, possibly taking damage, and rtb'ing safely.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:23:28 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
The more whines my kills generate on Channel 200, the more successful my flight has been.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
I know it sounds cliched but it's true; if I had fun it was a success.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 09:59:44 PM »
The more whines my kills generate on Channel 200, the more successful my flight has been.

ack-ack

HA!!!!  I like this one too

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
I know it sounds cliched but it's true; if I had fun it was a success.

Nice...ok then, what part is the most fun to you?

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:31 PM »
I measure success in experience/understanding.  I don't often get kills because I'm still learning how to fly and fight at the same time.  Fun and Success are two different things, though both are satisfying...  If I get a kill, or even two, I'm stoked.  However, if I get shot down and my opponent sends an <S> and/or "GF, you almost had me there."  I consider it a success just to learn a little bit more each time.  Getting kills is fun, and makes me feel good, but learning to consistently get kills is probably better.

I imagine that if/when I get past the learning curve, I will enjoy killing and talking Sheeeit.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:13 PM »
I measure success in experience/understanding.  I don't often get kills because I'm still learning how to fly and fight at the same time.  Fun and Success are two different things, though both are satisfying...  If I get a kill, or even two, I'm stoked.  However, if I get shot down and my opponent sends an <S> and/or "GF, you almost had me there."  I consider it a success just to learn a little bit more each time.  Getting kills is fun, and makes me feel good, but learning to consistently get kills is probably better.

I imagine that if/when I get past the learning curve, I will enjoy killing and talking Sheeeit.

I would say you're well on your way.  Please consider yourself INvited to the next canyon fight night.  Great folks and good fun in tight spaces.  Afterwords there are generally some 1 v 1s on the private fields for some ACM schooling.  It's all in fun and you can truncate your learning curve fighting the folks that know how to fly well.  Be great to have you there.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »
Win, lose, or draw.....I'm here for the fight.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:42 PM »
Win, lose, or draw.....I'm here for the fight.
^^
AoM
City of ice