Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
You're saying that he was stationed on the front lines with the tank units and didn't take off from an airfield?

ack-ack

He did and he also would stay at a farm or empty fields for the night and commandeer the house. One place they moved to they started cutting down trees for shelter. The weren't always at an airfield... yeaH that is what I'm saying.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
.....last time you wrote a funny joke?

It wasn't a joke. The point is that we play a GAME. While it may LOOK like WWII it isn't and bringing in information/facts about WWII is just plain stupid. WWII facts have very little to do with the game. Many things we do in the game wouldn't have been done with the regularity we do them do to a certain "death factor" or limitations of supplies and so on. We can fire thousands and thousands of rounds at aircraft and become very good at hitting them where as during the war tanks didn't do it so much because they couldn't waste the ammo, give away their positions and such.

In the game there are no consequences for failure other than a bad looking score sheet. In real life it could cost you your life as well as many of the life's of those around you. 

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
I don't care your jokes arn't funny and the answer would be never :aok

What does your ramble have to do with my wish? anything?

Nope,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
It wasn't a joke. The point is that we play a GAME. While it may LOOK like WWII it isn't and bringing in information/facts about WWII is just plain stupid. WWII facts have very little to do with the game.  

Actually WWII facts have an awful lot to do with this game.......  And whilst gameplay is far removed from the real life circumstances of a WWII pilot. It does best to create a frame work of game play taking into account many of the very parameters which influenced a WWII. ( not in the least the characteristics of the hardware in use).

Whilst the presiding factor in any game play modelling choice should be  "is it fun" the secondary factor in my opinion should be its "place" in this WWII air/land combat game.

In summary it's far from "stupid" to refer to WWII  facts, the test (IMO) when invoking them is how they may be used to make game play more fun.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
Actually WWII facts have an awful lot to do with this game.......  And whilst gameplay is far removed from the real life circumstances of a WWII pilot. It does best to create a frame work of game play taking into account many of the very parameters which influenced a WWII. ( not in the least the characteristics of the hardware in use).

Whilst the presiding factor in any game play modelling choice should be  "is it fun" the secondary factor in my opinion should be its "place" in this WWII air/land combat game.

In summary it's far from "stupid" to refer to WWII  facts, the test (IMO) when invoking them is how they may be used to make game play more fun.

Also I can see how many who wish on these forums want to add more realism because they see the game has 'realistic' parts to it. However, those who actually fly or have knowledge of the subject know that some of the not-so-fun parts are left out.  That is one of the reasons why I think we get so many wishes for more realism in some areas, because HTC has taken the time to make sure that the game has realistic qualities in areas, yet is still fun for everyone.

I agree that the facts have a major impact on the game, but I do agree it's a game.  That is a different realm entirely.. the realm of.. perspective.

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »

That in no way proves your point that tanks never fired at attacking aircraft.  Your desire to have the ability for it to happen in game removed is not based on anything historical but rather an attempt on your part to get something nerfed so you won't be shot down while you're in your Stuka.  It's time to be honest, you know it's the reason, and we all know it's the reason.

ack-ack

your right here's some honesty for you granted it's a 129  :aok and this is the last I will comment on this subject as it is not part of my wish  :)

Kinda hard to do when your outside the tank  :lol  the reason to get it nerfed is it didn't happen :) it's a fake part of the game with what amounts to zero proof that it ever happened. When the rest of the game is based on real life facts. Now certainly 51's didn't fight 51's... but planes fought planes and bombed tanks,  tanks fought tanks, tanks didn't fight airplanes with there main gun. So just quit it stop making stuff up.  ;)

Ack stop trying to change the subject to fit you view of how you think I think..... you are starting to sound like Karnak you really arn't very good at it  :aok ...If it did happen at all it wasn't documented or you have failed to provide any real proof what so ever.

:cheers:

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Actually WWII facts have an awful lot to do with this game.......

My wish will just add more diversity to the game.

It will also allow those 3-4 planes that see little use, until a few gv's show up at an airport, more of an opportunity to participate in game play.... a part of the game they were intended for.

Thanx,
 :salute

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
tanks didn't fight airplanes with there main gun.

should a tank be allowed to shoot a plane sitting on the runway with their main gun?

rolling on the runway?

one foot off the runway?

20 feet off the runway?

500 feet?

etc.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
should a tank be allowed to shoot a plane sitting on the runway with their main gun?

rolling on the runway?

one foot off the runway?

20 feet off the runway?

500 feet?

etc.

:lol @ your avatar

Even though I have been victim to many tank main-gun deaths in my planes over the years. I can't blame anyone else for that except myself. It was because of the way I flew, that I died. If I fly in their main-guns "line of sight", and die, then that is my fault.

So it isn't right nor fair to the tanks for you to punish them, because you as the pilot can't fly in a correct manner.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:58 AM »
I knew this thread had Legs.

Ray Charles could see it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
Currently on Ozkansas the only part of the map that is blinking are the two GV islands ........ nothing else!

Let Me up my plane at a GV base.   :furious

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
Currently on Ozkansas the only part of the map that is blinking are the two GV islands ........ nothing else!

They are 5 min. flight time away.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2014, 07:50:44 PM »
They are 5 min. flight time away.

Not in a Ju87G2 its not

Pay attention,

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2014, 04:48:38 AM »

The relative poor accessibility to these bases by ac is a function of terrain design....... This is what should be changed IMO.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
The relative poor accessibility to these bases by ac is a function of terrain design....... This is what should be changed IMO.

Its not just that map it's most... like the 1 we have now for what 4 days and counting.

Whatever it takes to get them closer to where they are supposed to be.  :aok

10-15 min flight 30sec death don't work.

There should be away to place these specialized aircraft at or very near GV bases as well as defending Air bases.

Flying out to the spawn in either case, Air field or GV base, is about as far as you want to fly them for this purpose.

I actually enjoy working with some of the mainstay Rook GV'ers........

:cheers: