Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:58 AM »
This entire thread seems to be inspired by people jealous of the fact that tanks can land on concrete instead of giving them an instant kill. I say it doesn't matter if you get a kill or not. Why do you need just one more kill? Drop the hangars, force the guy to tower by dropping a bomb on him and capture his field.

The names in this thread are classic envy types wanting the other guy to get fewer kills while they get more. That's what I see. It's the same old excuse to change the game to favor your style, and it's not hard to get kills on the tanks in the field so why are you crying? Because you want to get a high-five for taking some guys perks from him?

Let's put a fifteen second delay on towering all perk rides! How about those 262s? Force them to taxi to the hangar even. Great idea!

The roads idea will not work either. The spawn points have a spread to them for when tanks are camping nearby. Did you forget? Roads would break that.

Want something to kill Tiger IIs? You got the Tiger II. You complain that the Tiger II will not come off concrete. Well, come off concrete and go kill him. Problem solved.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2014, 02:42:09 AM »
+1 on Il2 and Hurry 2D and Ju 87g2 to be enabled at hangars.  When i am in a wirlble at a tank battle I miss all those low flying aircraft.. Also I think it will limit the amount of bomb****s.  They will up these attack planes which are easier to kill. Also these attack planes have a harder time killing you with there guns. I think it would be fair. :banana:

:aok

and your right. I get 3 500lbs in my P40 then strafe a few more or climb up and fight get a few more... I can get around 2-4 kills in my G2 <if I don't hit a tree> on a good flight, then I have to rtb.... either way it's what I and others like to do.

I think Fair includes some way to deal with the 600yrd icon wirb and osti the Yak9"T" anti Tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCCtc0gT3L8
or the 45mm version 9K
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotYG_e0Iqw
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:48:48 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »
When i am in a wirlble at a tank battle I miss all those low flying aircraft.
This is a very good point.  :aok
It is pretty difficult to hit attackers who dive down from 2500 yards at high speed to drop their bombs on some gv, especially if the tank is not near you.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
My wish is for the Tank busting planes to be allowed to take off from GV bases. Tank busters are part of the GV's game. I don't think its fair that GV's can run off to the corner of the map, or the center in this case, and get away from the planes and have their own little war. I don't care for the fact that GVer's don't have to join the game or have their own game inside the game where if they like can just go spawn and sit blasting away with no care about the planes. We have GV's on the air base we should have tank related planes at GV bases. There is already a hanger just need the re-arm pad.

Ju87G2
Yak-9T
Hurri IID
Ju87D-3
Il2

I like to shoot tanks I can't do that on allot of the maps or most of the time when I log in.... especially on Greebos Sanctuary map for GV's. Make it so we can shoot tanks anytime we like.

Put the air game back in the ground game,

[/quote-----your  :banana:'s
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
Yes it was, he said "Fire".

Yes it was, he looked threw the gun sight and moved the  turret.

HiTech

Rudel says getting hit by a tank would be an accident or mistake made by the pilot......meaning if it happened at all it wasn't the sharp shooting tank who gets the credit.

"More dangerous for our tanks is the Soviet heavy and very heavy anti-tank artillery which appears at every key point of
the battle area. As the Russians are masters of camouflage their Pak is only spotted and neutralized with difficult y.
The sight of these masses of tanks reminds me of my cannon-carrying aircraft of the experimental unit, which I have
brought with me from the Crimea. With this enormous target of enemy tanks it should be possible to try it out. It is true
the flak defenses covering the Soviet tank units are very heavy, but I say to myself that both groups are facing each other
at a distance of 1200 to 1800 yards, and unless I am brought down like a stone by a direct hit by flak it must always be
possible to crash-land the damaged aircraft in our own tank lines. The first flight therefore flies with bombs behind me in
the only cannon-carrying aeroplane. So the attempt is made.

In the first attack four tanks explode under the hammer blows of my cannons; by the evening the total rises to twelve. We
are all seized with a kind of passion for the chase from the glorious feeling of having saved much German bloodshed with
every tank destroyed.

After the first day the fitters have their hands full, for the aircraft have been heavily damaged by flak. The life of such an
aeroplane will always be limited. But the main thing is: the evil spell is broken, and in this aircraft we possess a weapon
which can speedily be employed everywhere
and is capable of dealing successfully with the formidable numbers of Soviet
tanks.
There is great rejoicing in the flight, the squadron, the wing and the group over this newly-gained discovery and its
practical confirmation. In order to secure supplies of this aircraft a signal is immediately sent to all sections of the antitank
experimental unit, asking for all serviceable aircraft to be flown here at once with crews. So the anti-tank flight is
formed. For operational purposes it is under my command.

The succeeding days and battles complete the picture and further successes are not denied us. While the cannon-carrying
aircraft go in to attack, a part of the bomber formation deals with the ground defenses; the rest circle at a fairly low level
like a broody hen round her chickens in order to protect the anti-tank aircraft from interception by enemy fighters.
Little by little I discover all the tricks. Skill is often the result of getting hurt. We lose aircraft in weakly defended areas
because we are cruising in the middle of an artillery duel. The air space in the line of the artillery trajectory must be
avoided, otherwise there is the danger of being shot down "by accident
."

After some time the Soviets have managed fairly successfully to cope with our air attacks against their tanks. If it is at all
possible they move up their A.A. guns with the leading tanks. The tanks also are equipped with smoke shells to create a
fog screen or to intimidate a conflagration in the hope that their pursuers may veer off in the belief that they have achieved
their purpose. Experienced crews soon get wise to this maneuver and are no longer deceived by it. A tank which is really
on fire will show very bright flames, and to simulate such flames is far too risky a business. In many cases the tank will
blow up as the fire catches the ammunition normally always carried in every tank. It is very uncomfortable for us if the
explosion is instantaneous and our aircraft is flying at an altitude of 15-30 feet above the tank.
This happens to me twice
in the first few days when I suddenly fly through a curtain of fire and think: "This time you are for it."
I come out, however, safe and sound on the other side even though the green camouflage of my aircraft is scorched and
splinters from the exploding tank have riddled it with holes.

Sometimes we dive onto the steel monsters from behind, sometimes from the side. The angle of attack is not too steep to
prevent us flying in quite close to the ground, and so also when pulling out from getting into any trouble in case the
aircraft overshoots. If it overshoots too far it is hardly possible to avoid contact with the ground with all its dangerous
consequences."

Rudel -"Stuka Pilot"

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:13:13 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
Rudel says getting hit by a tank would be an accident or mistake made by the pilot......meaning if it happened at all it wasn't the sharp shooting tank who gets the credit.

....and when did he write coad for Aces High?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2014, 11:19:17 AM »
....and when did he write coad for Aces High?

.....last time you wrote a funny joke?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »

If you noticed in this thread, we've been trying to tell you that.  In AH, if you get shot down by a tank's main gun, you (the pilot), made a mistake by flying straight at the tank so the main gun could be brought to bear on you.  I'm glad to see that Rudel had the same thought.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:35 PM »
If you noticed in this thread, we've been trying to tell you that.  In AH, if you get shot down by a tank's main gun, you (the pilot), made a mistake by flying straight at the tank so the main gun could be brought to bear on you.  I'm glad to see that Rudel had the same thought.

ack-ack
I think it points out just the opposite Ack

He says that he could  be hit bye the shell while crossing thru tanks shooting at each other.. hence the accident was flying thru the fire  not at the fire.... and certainly not tanks shooting at him.......... you don't read to well.

Edit:Ya Know Ack.... There are many things in my post that go to the merit of this thread. I'll point out, when hit by a flak he didn't drop like a rock and was able to land/crash-land somewhere close to his line..... why? ... because he was close to begin with.

He made at least what 3-4 flights a day maybe more? he was able to do that because he was so far from the action?

I think it also points out that the tanks weren't worried about the planes while enemy tanks were on the battle field. They had ack that was dealt with by the bomb carrying stuka's  :aok

Lets not try to capitalize on your 1 event miracle... that may or may not be true. :lol

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:02:34 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:59 PM »
He says that he could  be hit bye the shell while crossing thru tanks shooting at each other.... not tanks shooting at him.......... you don't read to well.

But the fact remains the shells fly through the air on their trajectory, and if the airplane happens to intersect that flight path it will be struck.  The tankers' lives depended on their limited ammunition, so taking a low percentage anti-aircraft shot was folly.  In here there's nothing at stake, why not take the low percentage shot?  Why should aircraft be magically exempt from something shooting at them?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
But the fact remains the shells fly through the air on their trajectory, and if the airplane happens to intersect that flight path it will be struck.  The tankers' lives depended on their limited ammunition, so taking a low percentage anti-aircraft shot was folly.  In here there's nothing at stake, why not take the low percentage shot?  Why should aircraft be magically exempt from something shooting at them?

Wiley.

why because they weren't looking for planes in there tanks that's why

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »

Whats, specifically, is your proposed mechanism to prevent aircraft with handsomehunk attack profiles from being shot down, that won't sacrifice any realism?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

So what?  Why should we introduce magic invulnerability into the game?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2014, 02:47:45 PM »
But the fact remains the shells fly through the air on their trajectory, and if the airplane happens to intersect that flight path it will be struck.  The tankers' lives depended on their limited ammunition, so taking a low percentage anti-aircraft shot was folly.  In here there's nothing at stake, why not take the low percentage shot?  Why should aircraft be magically exempt from something shooting at them?

Wiley.
The whole shooting at planes with the main gun was introduced with the "world of tanks" style of control - that is aiming from the commander position with a HUD and an effective zoom. If the player had to located the plane using the gunner optics it would have been much more difficult to bring the main gun to bear. That's how it used to be before the gun was slaved to the commander HUD. While HTC are very meticulous with the plane modeling and proud of the level of physics, the tank modeling became more arcade than a sim.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
The whole shooting at planes with the main gun was introduced with the "world of tanks" style of control

BS. I used to main gun planes with the t34's long before the wasd controls. they were all impatient fools flying 50-100 ft agl  right down my bore.

as pointed out many times, if you're going to fly directly down the bore, you're going to get shot.. it's not unreasonable, just like you'd also expect a tank driving directly at you to get shot.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.