Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2014, 04:39:58 PM »
I think it points out just the opposite Ack

He says that he could  be hit bye the shell while crossing thru tanks shooting at each other.. hence the accident was flying thru the fire  not at the fire.... and certainly not tanks shooting at him.......... you don't read to well.

He said getting hit by a tank was either an accident (i.e. inadvertently flying into a tank shell) or a mistake made by the pilot, which could mean that the pilot made the mistake of flying in an area where he could be hit by a tank shell or attacking at an angle that made him vulnerable to be being shot down by tanks main gun. 

Edit:Ya Know Ack.... There are many things in my post that go to the merit of this thread. I'll point out, when hit by a flak he didn't drop like a rock and was able to land/crash-land somewhere close to his line..... why? ... because he was close to begin with.

He made at least what 3-4 flights a day maybe more? he was able to do that because he was so far from the action?

The reason why Rudel was close to the action was because a large number of Luftwaffe bases were within minutes of flying time from the front line.  If the bases were farther back, his flight time to the action would have been longer.  It wasn't because he was stationed with the tank units and took off from tank depots. 

Why not make a map or ask someone to make a map with the vehicle bases and spawns closer to the airfields so you can have the short flight times to the action?

I think it also points out that the tanks weren't worried about the planes while enemy tanks were on the battle field. They had ack that was dealt with by the bomb carrying stuka's  :aok

That in no way proves your point that tanks never fired at attacking aircraft.  Your desire to have the ability for it to happen in game removed is not based on anything historical but rather an attempt on your part to get something nerfed so you won't be shot down while you're in your Stuka.  It's time to be honest, you know it's the reason, and we all know it's the reason.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
While HTC are very meticulous with the plane modeling and proud of the level of physics, the tank modeling became more arcade than a sim.

You may wish to reconsider this thought process, when it comes to ballistics, sights, turret traverse rates, method of track control, armor penetration, armor thickness,angle of impact calculations, you will find lots of very detail simulation, on par and in some respects more detailed the planes.

But just like bombers, tanks have a crew. And some method must be made to allow a single user , some of the same SA that a crew has.

HiTech

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
You may wish to reconsider this thought process, when it comes to ballistics, sights, turret traverse rates, method of track control, armor penetration, armor thickness,angle of impact calculations, you will find lots of very detail simulation, on par and in some respects more detailed the planes.

But just like bombers, tanks have a crew. And some method must be made to allow a single user , some of the same SA that a crew has.

HiTech

Which is why bombers have F3, F4 and F5 modes to simulate having a crew looking outside the bomber.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »

HiTech

That explains why a tank guy says he hits another tank he thinks is a one hit tank but nothing happens.  Angle impacts calculation is something that I would never guessed is included in the tank damage calculation.  Much more sophisticated than I thought.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:59 PM »
That explains why a tank guy says he hits another tank he thinks is a one hit tank but nothing happens.  Angle impacts calculation is something that I would never guessed is included in the tank damage calculation.  Much more sophisticated than I thought.

Of course angle of impact calculations are taken into account. That's why sloped armor works in the game, and glancing hits deflect rather than penetrate.

Unless you've never really done much tanking, it should be fairly evident.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »
Unless you've never really done much tanking, it should be fairly evident.

Play nice, no need to get snippy.

That is interesting on the armor though, it sort of explains why a panzer took 22 rounds from my m4 before he died... although I still don't really know why :lol

Will have to find the film sometime and send it in (need to go through my library of films  :uhoh )
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
Not trying to be snippy. Just saying that if you're paying attention, its fairly evident that angle of impact is factored into GV combat.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
He said getting hit by a tank was either an accident (i.e. inadvertently flying into a tank shell) or a mistake made by the pilot, which could mean that the pilot made the mistake of flying in an area where he could be hit by a tank shell or attacking at an angle that made him vulnerable to be being shot down by tanks main gun.  

The reason why Rudel was close to the action was because a large number of Luftwaffe bases were within minutes of flying time from the front line.  If the bases were farther back, his flight time to the action would have been longer.  It wasn't because he was stationed with the tank units and took off from tank depots.  

Why not make a map or ask someone to make a map with the vehicle bases and spawns closer to the airfields so you can have the short flight times to the action?

That in no way proves your point that tanks never fired at attacking aircraft.  Your desire to have the ability for it to happen in game removed is not based on anything historical but rather an attempt on your part to get something nerfed so you won't be shot down while you're in your Stuka.  It's time to be honest, you know it's the reason, and we all know it's the reason.

ack-ack

I have quoted him directly read it again  :aok

Oh and becuase he was close to the action makes my point for Planes at GV bases :) thanx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:58:46 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »
I have quoted him directly read it again  :aok

Oh and becuase he was close to the action makes my point for Planes at GV bases :) thanx

It actually doesn't.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

He wasn't close to the action because he was taking off from tank depots, he was close to the action because his airfield was close to the front lines.

ack-ack

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »

It actually doesn't.

you have the book?
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
He wasn't close to the action because he was taking off from tank depots, he was close to the action because his airfield was close to the front lines.

ack-ack

Sorry about your comprehension problem....

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
you have the book?

Can you not read what you both quoted AKAK saying, and what he just said in the post above you?

Besides, you're already minutes from a GV base. 5-10 minutes maybe, but minutes are still the best unit to measure that amount of time. Minutes does not imply 2-3 minutes.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
Can you not read what you both quoted AKAK saying, and what he just said in the post above you?

Besides, you're already minutes from a GV base. 5-10 minutes maybe, but minutes are still the best unit to measure that amount of time. Minutes does not imply 2-3 minutes.

Do you have the Book? "Stuka Pilot"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »
Sorry about your comprehension problem....

You're saying that he was stationed on the front lines with the tank units and didn't take off from an airfield?

ack-ack