Author Topic: Dispersed Strats  (Read 4163 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Dispersed Strats
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
The Dispresed strats have ups and downs. As seen a few days ago, Knights took both fields on the island that contained the Rook fuel refinery. Rook refinery: 0%.

As a buff pilot I like the dispersed strats. Missions to strats require multiple branches of bombers. You will now have to see large raids to fully cripple a team.  :x

Only if fighter jocks would fly buffs and contribute a bit  ;)

All jokes aside It's great we have the dispersed strats.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
You, like many other are looking at the change from "todays" game play style. Strats were hit occasionally and if you were a map watcher you could spot the incoming flights and intercept. Now with them spread out there is more to cover. A single hunter, like you is going to have a harder time to make a difference. What will be needed is a shift in game play.

This shift may be be small groups of "wolf packs" hunting around the strats. New squads may pop up that specialize in this type of tactic. More of these encounters  will mean more small fights happening all over the map.

Shear speculation and forcing players to play "one" way.

I do not enjoy chasing 30 K buffs or suicide porkers who won't fight. I do not enjoy hoards in either colour. The ground war does not appeal to me at all. I don't like having to move around because some lamo's idea of fun is griefing others (read porkers) just so I can have a drop tank for my preferred ride that has short legs. I don't like taking bases or bothering with the "war" effort. I enjoy hopping on, upping for a local fight against a couple guys looking to fight or who are trying to sneak a base and that's about it anymore. The players we have now have sucked most of the fun out of this game for me to the point I rarely want to play it anymore. I guess I just need to accept that as fact and not even bother with it or these boards much longer. I think my point is to please stop trying to Make people play the game differently because you think it is good for them. (That's a plural you, not singling you out sir.)  :salute

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:18 PM »
Shear speculation and forcing players to play "one" way.

I have to disagree.  The dispersed strats let players play in many more ways than were available with the centralized strats.  And if you like to just up and get a few fights in you should have even more opportunity to do so now than before.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »
I have to disagree.  The dispersed strats let players play in many more ways than were available with the centralized strats.  And if you like to just up and get a few fights in you should have even more opportunity to do so now than before.
I found this to be true I upped hit a strat, had some guys come to resup it I killed them then had fighters come in to kill me and wirbs on the ground next ting I know I spent 4 hours fighting over that strat, either in fightermode or in attack killing resuppers and the train. IN my experience sofar decentralized strats have offered much more diverse combat experience be it bombing resuppers and the train or fighting guys trying to provide cover for the resuppers. O also noticed a lot more of the 'hanger queens' being used to hit these strats, and with the strats being so close and hittable more guys just upping to pork dar, or ors, or the barracks now that thestrats are hittable and have much more effect without having to up a big high alt bomber mission.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2014, 03:16:52 AM »
I found this to be true I upped hit a strat, had some guys come to resup it I killed them then had fighters come in to kill me and wirbs on the ground next ting I know I spent 4 hours fighting over that strat, either in fightermode or in attack killing resuppers and the train. IN my experience sofar decentralized strats have offered much more diverse combat experience be it bombing resuppers and the train or fighting guys trying to provide cover for the resuppers. O also noticed a lot more of the 'hanger queens' being used to hit these strats, and with the strats being so close and hittable more guys just upping to pork dar, or ors, or the barracks now that thestrats are hittable and have much more effect without having to up a big high alt bomber mission.

Simply put there is no AAA at the dispersed strat system.
Next to no 88's to deal with.
Capture the island & pork the hell out of the strat because no one is coming to defend it now that the island is ours.
No goons coming to supply strats because it is surrounded with overlapping enemy radars.
What's not to like a milk runners dream. :uhoh

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
Capture the island & pork the hell out of the strat because no one is coming to defend it now that the island is ours.
No goons coming to supply strats because it is surrounded with overlapping enemy radars.
Agree. The strat should retreat.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
so guys i have been away from the game for a bit what happend has the game updated yet?
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »
So anybody know if most maps will have strats spread out like NDIsles?  :headscratch: 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 01:05:15 AM »

They placed the new objects on the old strat system so at least some AAA to shoot back at you now. :aok

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »
So anybody know if most maps will have strats spread out like NDIsles?  :headscratch:  

We have modified all maps in rotation , but have only released ndisles at this point.

The others will be released very soon.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
 :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:24 AM »
I'm just curious, was there a stated reason anywhere as to why they changed from centralized to dispersed strats?  People don't usually make changes arbitrarily, so there's seemingly some behavior/gameplay they'd like to not be emphasized, or the centralized strats weren't promoting the sort of gameplay they envisioned when choosing to centralize them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:04:48 AM by mensa180 »
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
We have modified all maps in rotation , but have only released ndisles at this point.

The others will be released very soon.

HiTech

Thank you Sir!

:salute

Way

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »
I'm just curious, was there a stated reason anywhere as to why they changed from centralized to dispersed strats?  People don't usually make changes arbitrarily, so there's seemingly some behavior/gameplay they'd like to not be emphasized, or the centralized strats weren't promoting the sort of gameplay they envisioned when choosing to centralize them.

My .02 on this, although HiTech would be the best source for actual explanation.

1) Let the red guys take your zone base and your strats are hidden far to the rear. 
2) Do not attempt to re-capture said field as it would move your strats back towards the front. 
3) Don't take the enemy zone bases as it will move their strats to the rear.
4) The enemy will not attempt to defend or re-capture said field as it would move their strats towards the front.

Putting it simply it creates a situation where avoiding combat is the most rewarding choice for the country you are flying with.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »
My .02 on this, although HiTech would be the best source for actual explanation.

1) Let the red guys take your zone base and your strats are hidden far to the rear. 
2) Do not attempt to re-capture said field as it would move your strats back towards the front. 
3) Don't take the enemy zone bases as it will move their strats to the rear.
4) The enemy will not attempt to defend or re-capture said field as it would move their strats towards the front.

Putting it simply it creates a situation where avoiding combat is the most rewarding choice for the country you are flying with.

You have described the problem with the moving city complex. So next would be not letting them move, then the issue becomes once you get close to it, all strat could be hit. Put it in the rear and it will hardly ever be hit. Hence we changed to move the city complex closer on the large maps, but then we move all the factories to different areas of the map.

HiTech