Author Topic: fighter Ranking formula Modification  (Read 7664 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: fighter Ranking formula Modification
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
This is a blatant lie.

Maybe dolby should e.mail vinkman's employer to confirm whether it was vinkman at the controls or a professional standing in his stead.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
If he essentially begs me to I shall icepac ;)

Keep bringing it up icepac, it doesn't serve me poorly. I thrive on damned if you do damned if you don't situations, especially when it crumbles a fantasists whole world.

I doubt vinkman will threaten me with home visits from Navy Intel, CIA and Blackwater by tracing my IP.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:57:35 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
If he essentially begs me to I shall icepac ;)

Keep bringing it up icepac, it doesn't serve me poorly. I thrive on damned if you do damned if you don't situations, especially when it crumbles a fantasists whole world.

I doubt vinkman will threaten me with home visits from Navy Intel, CIA and Blackwater by tracing my IP.

:rofl

thats some of the funniest things I have read on the BBS :aok

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

About all the great air combat tacticians have always emphasized the importance of getting close before firing. It's the standard recommendation traditionally given by most AH trainers as well ("Want to hit? Want to kill? Don't spray... get close")
Why would that be "not really beneficial to game play"?

:headscratch:

LOL, self serving statement of the year!

"great air combat tacticians" did not encourage engaging only high hit probability targets to build their fighter score.

Nice idea Vink.  Never did agree with hit percentage being a factor. Points account for some of what you have proposed though. More points are awarded for fighters. I don't know how that is calculated, but probably could be improved. Seeing hit % is beneficial, but shouldn't be part of score.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »
LOL, self serving statement of the year!

"great air combat tacticians" did not encourage engaging only high hit probability targets to build their fighter score.

Nice idea Vink.  Never did agree with hit percentage being a factor. Points account for some of what you have proposed though. More points are awarded for fighters. I don't know how that is calculated, but probably could be improved. Seeing hit % is beneficial, but shouldn't be part of score.

oh yeah they did.  remember in real life if they died, they couldnt respawn.  the main thing in acm in real life is dont get in a situation that will get you killed.  that aside some people got killed trying to help another who got into a situation that got both of them killed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:15 PM »
oh yeah they did. 

Juvenile response follows...   Oh no they didn't.

Just because pilots were sometimes told to be careful, or to specifically target bombers doesn't mean they had a free pass to be cowards all the time and only attack "safe/easy" targets. There was a war on and that meant a fighter pilot had just as much obligation to risk his life in seemingly suicidal circumstances as every other soldier in ww2.

the main thing in acm in real life is dont get in a situation that will get you killed.

No that was not the main, thing. The main "thing" was defeating the enemy and completing your mission without undue regard to your own safety. Your safety and the safety of your aircraft was secondary depending on the consequences of failing in any particular situation.

Don't compare score padding in AH to real life. We don't give medals of honor for safety.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »

Juvenile response follows...   Oh no they didn't.

Just because pilots were sometimes told to be careful,
or to specifically target bombers doesn't mean they had a free pass to be cowards all the time and only attack "safe/easy" targets. There was a war on and that meant a fighter pilot had just as much obligation to risk his life in seemingly suicidal circumstances as every other soldier in ww2.

that's where you are wrong muzic, the first rules of acm combat were meant to be so you wouldnt die.  as for calling people cowards in this game, that is childish.  if we have cowards then we must also have heroes.  do you know of any heroes in this game?

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 05:15:09 AM »
.  do you know of any heroes in this game?

semp
zack1234 is my hero
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 06:06:04 AM »
do you know of any heroes in this game?
Yes i do. You are not amongst them. Furthermore, you are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Childish coward, eh?
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »
Yes i do. You are not amongst them. Furthermore, you are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Childish coward, eh?

would love to hear what your definition off a hero in a cartoon game is.

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »

semp

I doubt it'll be someone that bails out when a lone 109 shot down his teaming partner. :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »

semp
Here you are:
one who plays for fun, both for his fun and his playing partners fun, let it be green or red.
AoM
City of ice

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
that's where you are wrong muzic, the first rules of acm combat were meant to be so you wouldnt die.  as for calling people cowards in this game, that is childish.  if we have cowards then we must also have heroes.  do you know of any heroes in this game?

semp

That would be in real life, we on the other hand are talking about game play here. NOBODY DIES. So if you don't want to engage in a fight why are they playing is the question I often ask myself. They should go play off line where NOBODY will engage them.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:56 AM »
If you killed twice as many planes it would almost mandatory result in a bigger k/s and k/h, especially if it would be a result of taking less care in shooting. If you get more kills by taking more low % shots, it raises your k/h and k/s. What you are now saying is shooting worse AND less kills in the same tame. That's a different claim.

No it wouldn't, you would just have to fly twice as many hours.

Only doubling your hit% would have resulted in a fighter rank of 77
But similar would apply to the other categories:
Doubling your K/D - rank 95
Doubling K/S - rank 103
Doubling K/H - rank 123
Doubling points rank 118

In other words the hit% has the highest marginal utility which is what I said.   :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
I know there is a lot of discussion around hit% and most of it was good discussion, but the real point of the thread was to ADD perk points. Using the example of Dolby again, he gets most of kills in low ENY planes, compared to some in the top 50 who fly 5 ENY and perk planes exclusively.

The impact of this could be calculated by reviewing the kill stats and calculating PERK points for each kill based on ENY differential. We would have to apply %landed to all evenly, and ignore Perk multiplier, but I think it would be very close to actual. It would be interesting to do for the top 50 and see if the order changes much.

Who is John Galt?