Author Topic: Skin texture issues  (Read 535 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Skin texture issues
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
This has happened on the B-17 and the HE-111, both were custom textures and were their proper size. The default textures work fine.

The alignment on the skins is very wonky and the purple marks were in my layered image but not in the .bmp file that I saved to the folder for the skin viewer. The purple marks that showed up are also not even close to where they were in the layered image.

The yellow lines around the camo pattern should not be there either. They are not in the .bmp image at all.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: Skin texture issues
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
that picture to me looks as if you have saved it wrong. I say that because you can see the internal artwork showing up on the wing. I have done this a lot when I am saving, normally when I rotate the canvas 180 degrees and forget to rotate it back before I save.

Maybe that is part of the problem. Especially if the default matches up perfectly.

That is my opinion, but maybe I am looking at the wrong thing.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
that picture to me looks as if you have saved it wrong. I say that because you can see the internal artwork showing up on the wing. I have done this a lot when I am saving, normally when I rotate the canvas 180 degrees and forget to rotate it back before I save.

Maybe that is part of the problem. Especially if the default matches up perfectly.

That is my opinion, but maybe I am looking at the wrong thing.

Thats what I was thinking too.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
Nothing changes between the default texture and a custom one as far, as the program is concerned.  The UV coordinates are identical for any given texture.

If the mapping was off for a custom skin, it would be off for the default as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »
I came across this issue when using the newest version of Gimp. Are you using Gimp 2.8? Also are the colors relatively close to what you wanted?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
I came across this issue when using the newest version of Gimp. Are you using Gimp 2.8? Also are the colors relatively close to what you wanted?

I am working with GIMP 2.8, not really satisfied but it's installed on the same computer that runs AH so I thought I could save some trouble of running back and forth between computers to work on the skin. I'll try tomorrow save the file again using GIMP 2.6 and see if that fixes the issue.

And yes, most of the colors are fairly close to what I wanted them to be... aside from what shouldn't be there.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
I am working with GIMP 2.8, not really satisfied but it's installed on the same computer that runs AH so I thought I could save some trouble of running back and forth between computers to work on the skin. I'll try tomorrow save the file again using GIMP 2.6 and see if that fixes the issue.

And yes, most of the colors are fairly close to what I wanted them to be... aside from what shouldn't be there.
Yeah, thought so. When I first started skinning with gimp 2.8, there were major shifting issues both in placement and with color integrity. I found a link for 2.6 and haven't had the slightest issue.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com