Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7812 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
lol--no-bomb and bailers don't bother me--esp if i'm close enough to get the proxy's :joystick:
lol yeah, once intercepted a v-joker-mission in a jet, got like 9 kills without even firing my guns  :lol  The bast part of it was TKO bragging on 200 how all my "kills" are worthless - yes they were worthless but just too funny  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 11:45:03 AM »
I don't see bomb and bail enough to warrant spending any coding time on it.  But, I spend most of my time low so my view may be skewed.  I enjoy fighting 2cmex and crew.  I prefer it when he's in a nik1 and turning, but when he's in a Temp I just use it as SA practice.  Having to watch out for a high fast opponent while preoccupied seems like it was pretty common in WWII.  The only thing they may be guilty of is having an inaccurate squad name  :D
AMAX  in game

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »
Who cares.  It's a game.  They baited you and you were dumb enough to swallow the bait hook line and sinker.
How does bailing mean I took the bait?

Did you ever think that instead of "using" his wingmen they were all working together the whole time?
Both? IDK, I think when a guy says "hey wingmen, keep him busy so I can get E and go kill him" they're still being used as tools, even if they are working together. And I said they were working together from the start, if you would care to read.
Did you ever think it took seven minutes only because you had an 8K alt advantage to start (and still lost)?
Had I kept BnZing,yes. But when one of them dove too far away (4k down with about 2k horizonal seperation), I dove down and started maneuvering with whoever was in the third 109. Missed the shot and ended up maneuvering with the two of them untill 2cmex comes tearing in for an easy kill.

BTW, how many of his wingmen that you were "beating the crap out of" did you kill?  0?
Doesn't matter, I was still outflying them. I personally don't care for your narrow interpretation of "success", as defined as simple number of kills.

And as I said, I was on the fence about the whole thing, right until that ignorant braying of "lol, PWND" pops up on 200. At that point, I thought "f**k it, I made the right call". As Devil later said, "any day you piss of 2cmex is a good day", and now I must say I agree completely.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:17:54 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »
maybe you should get grounded for 2 minutes for bombing and bailing? guys that bomb and bail aren't after points, so they should be punished somehow!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
I don't see bomb and bail enough to warrant spending any coding time on it.  But, I spend most of my time low so my view may be skewed.  I enjoy fighting 2cmex and crew.  I prefer it when he's in a nik1 and turning, but when he's in a Temp I just use it as SA practice.  Having to watch out for a high fast opponent while preoccupied seems like it was pretty common in WWII.  The only thing they may be guilty of is having an inaccurate squad name  :D

We enjoy all the fights we get into.  And of course we get a lot of flak from our squad name (usually all derogatory and lots of pm's) but we just take it as we are doing something right as far as irritating the enemy...you can also bet if you encounter one of us the others aren't too far away (a whopping number of 4)...isn't that the whole point of squad tactics though?...an unfortunate thing though is that 2cmex will not go to the DA anymore because of ****** who act like children and talk abunch of unwarranted noise over a game...Sawzaw and I take on all talkers when it comes to the DA since we are nothing but mouthy tools...just petty wingmen...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
maybe you should get grounded for 2 minutes for bombing and bailing? guys that bomb and bail aren't after points, so they should be punished somehow!

Make'em stay in there chute till there feet touch the ground, all that time will give them a momment for reflection lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »

While your suggestion to actually flay bomb-and-bailers is an interesting idea, I like the OP's suggestion better.  A perk penalty for bailing out of an undamaged plane seems much more reasonable and more easily implemented.  That or simply don't enable bailing (enter 3x) until a plane has actually lost critical parts.

And you must really hate bomb-and-bailers, luny, to want to physically do them harm.  I agree they are a scourge of the game, but you are taking it to another level.

;)
Ryno
actually that was my attemp at sarcasm-and no i do not want anybody flayed--cooked or uncooked
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »
  I like this except make it in Icon range. Or even 1 kill would be fine. I don't see it happen that often though most good Bomber Jocks like to get in their guns and knock down the foolish on their 6.

Fair enough.   :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »
For those that say Bomb and Bail isn't that common, I completely disagree.  I used to fly late night west coast US time, and there are a lot of "hide and sneak" players on at those low pop hours, many of whom almost exclusively bomb and bail.  Based on what I've seen and heard, one particular squad teaches and promotes it.  And it is not just in bombers, actually.  They do it in the bombers, then they do it in fighters (usually a deacking plane, like an La-7), then they do it in their goon.  They almost always bail if intercepted.

I thought this was intended to be a combat game, but there are too many players I was encountering during my hours who only wanted to avoid combat and/or didn't care about making any attempt at surviving, let alone landing their sorties.  I found it pointless to play during those hours and that is one of the primary reasons I unsubscribed from AH.

Fixing this loophole or "exploit" of being able to bail from an undamaged plane would help, IMO.  It might even hasten my return to the game (not that just one subscription matters).  But, I believe I'm not alone in feeling this way about this increasingly common play-style.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »
Fixing this loophole or "exploit" of being able to bail from an undamaged plane would help, IMO.

It would not change anything. You can rip the wings in a few seconds. Et voilà, there's your damage...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »

It would not change anything. You can rip the wings in a few seconds. Et voilà, there's your damage...

Agreed and if HTC awarded perks for any plane in a certain range,we'd have players complaining that not enough bomber were bailing.....  :rolleyes:

I do like the idea of being stuck in the chute but then players would just ride the bomber down.

It's the nature of the beast I guess,players are going to do as they please.

:salute

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 02:01:17 PM »
For those that say Bomb and Bail isn't that common, I completely disagree.  I used to fly late night west coast US time, and there are a lot of "hide and sneak" players on at those low pop hours, many of whom almost exclusively bomb and bail.  Based on what I've seen and heard, one particular squad teaches and promotes it.  And it is not just in bombers, actually.  They do it in the bombers, then they do it in fighters (usually a deacking plane, like an La-7), then they do it in their goon.  They almost always bail if intercepted.

I thought this was intended to be a combat game, but there are too many players I was encountering during my hours who only wanted to avoid combat and/or didn't care about making any attempt at surviving, let alone landing their sorties.  I found it pointless to play during those hours and that is one of the primary reasons I unsubscribed from AH.

Fixing this loophole or "exploit" of being able to bail from an undamaged plane would help, IMO.  It might even hasten my return to the game (not that just one subscription matters).  But, I believe I'm not alone in feeling this way about this increasingly common play-style.

<S>
Ryno
It's not like this is a new problem http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,24991.0.html

Let the lame xBoxers have their fun.  Soon enough they will realize this game requires skill and a brain, and go back to WOW...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »

Let the lame xBoxers have their fun.  Soon enough they will realize this game requires skill and a brain, and go back to WOW...

It's amusing how the 'Xbox crowd' is blamed for this behavior in game when it's been done since Air Warrior.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arbiter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
It's amusing how the 'Xbox crowd' is blamed for this behavior in game when it's been done since Air Warrior.

ack-ack

We need to blame the Nintendo 64 crowd.  :old:
Arbiter

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »

Perhaps at the altitudes you fly at you can gain speed fast enough to do this.  Most bomb and bailers I see are mid-low alt and would likely auger before they could get out.  And, remember, we're not just talking about bombers that bail.

I think the ability to bail (enter x3) should not be enabled until you've taken critical damage.

Nowhere in my post did I blame "the Xbox crowd".  I too realize this issue is nothing new.  And least in Warbirds you had to ride the chute all the way down, but that's really only a deterrent for mid-high alt bailers.

However, I was seeing it more and more frequently during the time I was playing, and was a factor in my deciding the game was no longer worth my time.

My two cents.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:27:10 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.