Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
I dont see more. I have never done it to avoid a fight.

Landing after a run gives me pleasure just like Historical missions do.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
We need to blame the Nintendo 64 crowd.  :old:

Those Amstrad guys.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »
It's amusing how the 'Xbox crowd' is blamed for this behavior in game when it's been done since Air Warrior.

ack-ack
Is that about the time you started to stutter?   :rofl :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 02:49:34 PM »
We need to blame the Nintendo 64 crowd.  :old:

:rofl

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »
I was not there for whatever happened myself, so all I can really say this: Tank, I've dueled with 2cmex lots and lots back in the day, and on most days he was better at it than I was. I'm pretty confident he could give you a perfectly fair fight and it would still end the same way.

And as I said, I was on the fence about the whole thing, right until that ignorant braying of "lol, PWND" pops up on 200. At that point, I thought "f**k it, I made the right call". As Devil later said, "any day you piss of 2cmex is a good day", and now I must say I agree completely.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:05:30 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »
It's amusing how the 'Xbox crowd' is blamed for this behavior in game when it's been done since Air Warrior.

ack-ack

Indeed. This isn't anything new, or exclusive to AH. For some its just human nature, and that's tough to code around.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »
Should 190's and Pony porkers lose perk points after they lawn dart into the second ords bunker?
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »
I love a devil's advocate.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Should 190's and Pony porkers lose perk points after they lawn dart into the second ords bunker?

Sadly, that would be probably too difficult to code.  No way to tell the difference between a porker who augers and someone who simply gets bled out of E and augers during a turn-fight.  They also both take a death, so it's not really the same as bailing.  Nice attempt at deflecting the topic though.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »
I was not there for whatever happened myself, so all I can really say this: Tank, I've dueled with 2cmex lots and lots back in the day, and on most days he was better at it than I was. I'm pretty confident he could give you a perfectly fair fight and it would still end the same way.

See, heres the thing; I put up a good fight. I certainly wasn't "Pwnd" as he put it. Now I wasn't expecting a "gf Jager" from him by any means, but I was expecting silence. I certainly wasn't expecting him to pat himself on the arse in the same manner MANoWAR did.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 05:18:42 PM »
I don't think there should be any penalty for those that bomb and bail other than getting a well deserved reputation for being a total and complete dweeb. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »
I very rarely fly buffs but I can empathize with players opting to bail rather than a long boring rtb. In a fighter I'll often auger or bail just to reup quicker. There should be 30 second time delay between pulling the rip cord and using .ef. That way if you are chasing a bomb and bailer at least you still have a chance to shoot him dead.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
Just increase the range for proxy kills. Still get the credit. Problem solved.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 06:53:19 PM »
 :aok
That's exactly my point, Kingpin : some say "it's just a game, deal with it", but then ruining others fun with frustration by simply gaming the game and making them unsubscribe isnt the best way to keep a game we all love alive.

When i understand why some may do it once, or two times per day/week, we got some doing it all the time and those make new comers ask themselves "why would i subscribe/keep subscribing to a game that frustrate me when i log in to have fun after a college/work day" ?

The perks penalty for those who do it rarely won't be a problem : this system will only prevent those who almost always/always bail to continue their "fun griefing" imho.

For those that say Bomb and Bail isn't that common, I completely disagree.  I used to fly late night west coast US time, and there are a lot of "hide and sneak" players on at those low pop hours, many of whom almost exclusively bomb and bail.  Based on what I've seen and heard, one particular squad teaches and promotes it.  And it is not just in bombers, actually.  They do it in the bombers, then they do it in fighters (usually a deacking plane, like an La-7), then they do it in their goon.  They almost always bail if intercepted.

I thought this was intended to be a combat game, but there are too many players I was encountering during my hours who only wanted to avoid combat and/or didn't care about making any attempt at surviving, let alone landing their sorties.  I found it pointless to play during those hours and that is one of the primary reasons I unsubscribed from AH.

Fixing this loophole or "exploit" of being able to bail from an undamaged plane would help, IMO.  It might even hasten my return to the game (not that just one subscription matters).  But, I believe I'm not alone in feeling this way about this increasingly common play-style.

<S>
Ryno

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »
What about the Dar(t) tards?  :lol
AoM
City of ice