Author Topic: Warping Drones  (Read 1102 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Warping Drones
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
It seems to me a medium bomber barrel roll is all it takes to induce this behaviour, but I have seen it on Lancaster's doing sharp pull-up to either side and then roll-turn back to the other side.

The B17s enter a dive at ~500mph in formation with their rear guns still blazing, out-diving Mossie's and Spitfires easily, and at the same time give the 1.5k gunner a field day with 5+ seconds of shooting time until the faster diving fighter have range to shoot himself. This is an unacceptable behaviour by a game claiming its high fidelity flight models.

Its just gaming the game doing this. It has become  common among some bomber pilots.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »
I have never once done, seen, or had done to me, a fighter shoot down at 1.5K.

Im really sorry a few of you had your cartoon fighters shot down, or rammed some, bombers. Perhaps if you ask nicely on 200 that they fly nice and straight and allow you to gun them all down right on their "6" they will comply. Its worth a try right?

Otherwise...Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »
This is a legitimate problem albeit not a huge one. I've definitely seen the drone warp. It's some kind of glitch where the drones are trying to fix their position. Hopefully it can be fixed with some kind of flight path smoothing code because when I've seen it, the "mothership" was not warping at all.

Also, I'm not sure why drones should blow up if the maneuvering is too excessive for them to stay in position. I'd just rather just see them take a long time to catch up with the aircraft after it rolls out (and be nice juicy easily tracked targets).

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Bomber guys are really nice people.......Think about it we never shoot at anyone unless first shot at!  We fly the friendly skys dropping bibles off at towns enjoying the clear blue skys with not a care in the world! <S>

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Bomber guys are really nice people.......Think about it we never shoot at anyone unless first shot at!  We fly the friendly skys dropping bibles off at towns enjoying the clear blue skys with not a care in the world! <S>
[/b]

Reminds me of the "meet the Pyro" cinematic from Team Fortress 2. :)

(link for those who want to watch/don't know)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I&list=PL4EE85236508FFA21

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »

LoL , you pepper me to a metal scrapyards before I reach my 800 yards (only to collect my bible of course) , pray is all I can do not to lose more than half a wing, and a engine oiled :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
[/b]

Reminds me of the "meet the Pyro" cinematic from Team Fortress 2. :)

(link for those who want to watch/don't know)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I&list=PL4EE85236508FFA21

You know I think I've heard strains of Loving Spoonful tunes coming from 999000s bombers.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline ntrudr

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
If you have never been shot up by a buff set at 1.5 k, then you have never attacked a buff set with a good gunner, or flown a buff set with a good gunner.

I have never once done, seen, or had done to me, a fighter shoot down at 1.5K.

Im really sorry a few of you had your cartoon fighters shot down, or rammed some, bombers. Perhaps if you ask nicely on 200 that they fly nice and straight and allow you to gun them all down right on their "6" they will comply. Its worth a try right?

Otherwise...Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »
If you have never been shot up by a buff set at 1.5 k, then you have never attacked a buff set with a good gunner, or flown a buff set with a good gunner.

Er...  I've flown against plenty of good gunners.  I've had that happen, freakishly, once.  If it's happening to you often, I might suggest 'maneuvering' slightly when you're within 1.5k of bombers.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

In my mind getting shot by a bomber when you are 1.5k out is not indicative of a good gunner, but a poor fighter pilot.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:09:29 PM by BluBerry »

Offline ntrudr

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
Er...  I've flown against plenty of good gunners.  I've had that happen, freakishly, once.  If it's happening to you often, I might suggest 'maneuvering' slightly when you're within 1.5k of bombers.

Wiley.

Fly around havermyer, I think that's his handle, at 1.5k, and not on his 6 and see what happens.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 03:23:58 PM »
I have.  At long range he's shooting, but he hasn't taken parts off me until I was well on my way in to attack.  He's maybe killed me a bit more than I've killed him.  Somewhat near equal though iirc.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11