Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 7165 times)

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »
It's kind of hard selling the game, in this day and age 2/19/14, when you show a new player the game and right off the bat he tells you the graphics are horrible and loses interest.. Like, lets be honest, thats the one thing that hurts this game the most. 

Agree

Aces High will attract more players once the new terrain engine is updated

Disagree

We'll see though I guess :)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:24 PM »
I am new here,and love this game. I was stuck on cheesy video games on game platforms like play station. Never knew this game was out there. Saw an add on History channel during a war planes episode, so now I am here. My son loves this game when he is here visiting, but bought a new PS4 To play Call of Duty online with his friends. He has commented that he wished they had this game for PS like they do Call of Duty for Xbox as well. I know each of those are platform specific on line but was still a good thought, maybe? I would hate to try to write that code! I love this game!!! :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »
Speaking as an Aussie (and only speaking for myself), I tend to go through periods of 6 months at a time where I fly every night (Sydney time, where the 16 players were mentioned by the OP), and 6 months where I only fly FSO.

Up until 8 or 9 months ago, the general numbers were 70/80 on from 7:30 Sydney time, and there was no problem finding a fight most of the time, and if not, it was easy to get 2 mates to up with you and attempt a base take, that would generally stir things up enough so some dogfighting could be done, in fact, the smaller numbers were somewhat of a good thing, as most people flying only wanted to fight, not horde or pick and run (IMHO of course).

I'm in the 6 months where I only fly FSO at the moment, so can't really comment on the current state of the off hours arena, but I also agree that something could be done to attract new players, the only problem being that it's not easy to do, I've shown maybe 35 people the game, and only ever "converted" one person, WW2 flight combat is inherently a niche market.

Personally, I'm here until the doors close, and I'm sure HT is listening to the small map rotation ideas, and probably has some of his own, wait and see is all I can advise.

Salute

Steely

Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »
This is not an inviting community for new players,MA is like sparta with name calling.

:devil
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
This is not an inviting community for new players,MA is like sparta with name calling.

:devil
ghey boy
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
Agree

Disagree

We'll see though I guess :)

would you care to post the specs for your computer so we know exactly why the game looks terrible to you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
Problem is not enough players. One can assume Hitech is working on that. In the meantime what can *we* do to help?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
would you care to post the specs for your computer so we know exactly why the game looks terrible to you?

semp

I didn't say the game looks horrible. I agreed with the other guys post, when he said it is hard to get other people interested in AH when they immediately say the graphics look horrible.

But just to placate you, I run maxed gfx settings for AH and every other game I play except BF4...3.4 ghz Sandy Bridge i7, GTX560 1GB video card, 16GB DDR RAM...

The graphics do look extremely dated...but that's not really important to me, otherwise I'd be playing War Thunder  :uhoh
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:15:51 PM by Gemini »

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »
Maxed gfx settings for AH and every other game I play except BF4...3.4 ghz Sandy Bridge i7, GTX560 1GB video card, 16GB DDR RAM...

With Sandy Bridge, Intel has solidly maintained its historic lock on the worst graphics performance in the industry.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »

With Sandy Bridge, Intel has solidly maintained its historic lock on the worst graphics performance in the industry.

That might be why I have to turn the graphics down a bit for BF4 then :)

Regardless, for AH I get a solid 60 FPS even while recording with FRAPS. Performance really isn't an issue for me. EDIT: EXCEPT FOR MY PLANE FLYING SKILL PERFORMANCE  :cry lolol

The fact that AH is getting an upgrade to ~2008 era graphics is awesome, but sadly I don't think we'll suddenly see the in-game population rise as a result. Would be nice if that did happen though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:30:42 PM by Gemini »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »
I didn't say the game looks horrible. I agreed with the other guys post, when he said it is hard to get other people interested in AH when they immediately say the graphics look horrible.

But just to placate you, I run maxed gfx settings for AH and every other game I play except BF4...3.4 ghz Sandy Bridge i7, GTX560 1GB video card, 16GB DDR RAM...

The graphics do look extremely dated...but that's not really important to me, otherwise I'd be playing War Thunder  :uhoh

so you say you dont say the graphics look terrible but you do agree with others who say the graphics look terrible.  so which one is it?

and for the record I doubt you play with all the graphics maxed out.  on second thought which resolution are you using?

semp

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
Guncrasher he didn't say he agreed with people who say the graphics look horrible.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:22 PM »
Guncrasher he didn't say he agreed with people who say the graphics look horrible.

so what did he agree with?

semp

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »

What?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:50 AM »
so what did he agree with?

semp

The fact that new players want to see better graphics is a no-brainer. The selling point of the game is the flight model and the team play. But that takes time to appreciate and 2 weeks goes by awfully fast. There is no doubt dated graphics is holding back this game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"