Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 7165 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »

my kids friends all think the graphics suck and have zero interest in it.

We can go over and over what WE THINK is right ,but in the end,this is the fact i see over and over.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
I still have to justify my expenses, if only to myself, even if I have disposable funds. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I will buy it if I don't think it is worth my money or time.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2014, 04:46:55 PM »
We can go over and over what WE THINK is right ,but in the end,this is the fact i see over and over.

Don't bother marketing to teens and under (though if HTC was to bother to get the game rated 'mature' they would probably flock hither just out of rebellion). There are more than enough thirty-plus game players to fill the arenas. Appeal to their 'Do you have the attention span/skill/desire/love of WWII planes to play this?' potential ego. Add some sex appeal by having sexy buxom gals interject that they love men who can handle a joystick well.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
I don't think it is worth my money or time.

We thoroughly understand your opinion of Aces High now.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »
Don't bother marketing to teens
Brilliant!!  :lol
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
G has the disposable cash to enjoy everything but AHII (because of graphics?). Ahem.

This ^ is what makes me presume you don't know what you're talking about with regards to the cost of AH vs titles on Steam sales and the like.

I know it's asking too much to expect you not to comment on things you are uninformed about, judging by your verbal (textual?) diarrhea posting habits, but I can't help myself from correcting you...too much of the pedant in me :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:50:12 PM by Gemini »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
This ^ is what makes me presume you don't know what you're talking about with regards to the cost of AH vs titles on Steam sales and the like.

I know it's asking too much to expect you not to comment on things you are uninformed about, judging by your verbal (textual?) diarrhea posting habits, but I can't help myself from correcting you...too much of the pedant in me :)

Gemini, you're not correcting me, you're reinventing me. If you have a personal issue you want to work out, regarding your perception and feelings about me, pm them in detail and I will .... correct .... you.  :aok

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
We thoroughly understand your opinion of Aces High now.

Indeed. However like I said, I have high hopes for the GFX update in the works.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
Indeed. However like I said, I have high hopes for the GFX update in the works.

Well, some of the rest of us may take to discussing other options than that, given we still like this game and wish to promote it.  :D

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
Other options than what HTC is working on right now? Like what?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
Other options than what HTC is working on right now? Like what?

We have been discussing marketing, in case you missed.  ;)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2014, 05:24:02 PM »
We have been discussing marketing, in case you missed.  ;)
I think marketing is going to work a lot better with new graphics implemented.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »

Hope the graphics are to your liking .... but (as we've seen) graphic updates are only appreciated so long. A more sustainable marketing plan would be the amount of fun the community is having when playing the game, elements that highlight the immersion factor that don't involve a constantly 'dating' factor. As I brought up, Minecraft is enormously popular and has successfully dodged the graphic trap.

Awareness. Promotion. And,of course, attraction and retention.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
Hope the graphics are to your liking .... but (as we've seen) graphic updates are only appreciated so long. A more sustainable marketing plan would be the amount of fun the community is having when playing the game, elements that highlight the immersion factor that don't involve a constantly 'dating' factor. As I brought up, Minecraft is enormously popular and has successfully dodged the graphic trap.

Awareness. Promotion. And,of course, attraction and retention.
Im all good with graphics myself but others (younger) then i are not.All that ever drove me away (for breaks) was the less then friendly atmosphere of the players.
I don't think we need the (best) graphics out there,but i DO think we need a major update to the times.
I am not going to any other ACM game,but i have just quit for months at a time with not paying. :salute

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

+1

Right now it might do more harm than good since marketing is heavily dependent on first impression. The deeper qualities of the AH experience and community is not something easily conveyed in an ad.