Author Topic: 540 Squadron RAF Mosquito  (Read 674 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
540 Squadron RAF Mosquito
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:17:23 AM »
Thanks to Lyric1 for finding me the info on this skin.

This is a Mosquito PR Mk VIII of 540 Squadron RAF. Photo reconnaissance Mossies and Mk VIIIs are considered acceptable substitutions for our bomber Mk XVI. This aircraft was flown by P/O Marek Sloviski-Ostoja, a Polish pilot serving in the RAF. It has an unusual colour scheme of PRU blue undersides with grey/green camo on top and like many PR machines has no squadron codes. While on a mission to Pilsen this aircraft was intercepted by two Fw 190s who chased it for 100 km before giving up.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Re: 540 Squadron RAF Mosquito
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:18:31 AM »
You're a busy man  :aok
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:29:44 AM »
nice work sir, by the way did you know you can do the mossi in 2048 now. I have asked and it is the smallest aircraft you can have that size with so skuzzy tells me.
Hornet Paint Shop Skins: Now Ingame  B-29  B-24  B-17     Current Project

Member of the 97th Bomb Group

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:45 AM »
I'm never going to have the time to redo my old bomber skins in 2048 res. For it to be worth doing I'd have to start from scratch and make an all-new template and that would take the best part of a month for each shape. The only skin templates I will be making in future are when HTC ask me for a new default skin.

What I am going to do is add bump and spec maps to my older skins once the skins submission page lets me update them. In preparation for that I am making a skin with these maps for each of the shapes that I have not yet created any bump and spec maps for. So in future I'll be able to update any of my older skins within a couple of days for each one. The only ones I have left to do maps for now are the G4M, Brewster, A6M2 and the N1K-2. Lyric1 has found me some good subjects for skinning for each of these.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »
Another nice one Greebo!  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
 :aok

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »
Cool stuff, Greebo.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
I'm never going to have the time to redo my old bomber skins in 2048 res. For it to be worth doing I'd have to start from scratch and make an all-new template and that would take the best part of a month for each shape. The only skin templates I will be making in future are when HTC ask me for a new default skin.

What I am going to do is add bump and spec maps to my older skins once the skins submission page lets me update them. In preparation for that I am making a skin with these maps for each of the shapes that I have not yet created any bump and spec maps for. So in future I'll be able to update any of my older skins within a couple of days for each one. The only ones I have left to do maps for now are the G4M, Brewster, A6M2 and the N1K-2. Lyric1 has found me some good subjects for skinning for each of these.

Nope I love it, don't get me wrong I am not criticising you sir, just wondering you knew that.i know myself now I have finished my first b-17 it takes ages to do it at the 2048 size
Hornet Paint Shop Skins: Now Ingame  B-29  B-24  B-17     Current Project

Member of the 97th Bomb Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »
You're a busy man  :aok

Indeed.  And talented!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 06:11:08 AM »
Beautiful!
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB