Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4650 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »
That sounds suspiciously like a "play my way" post.  Can't wait to try that strategy out.

I was giving you suggestions about how to find fights since that seems to be your biggest problem. I've played this game longer than you and know how to find people when the HQ is down. Maybe once you get your head out of your butt and learn to play the game better instead of complaining about it, you might actually get more kills.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »
What do you mean forget? That's the incident I was talking about.  :headscratch:

I guess I misread it since I didn't know which country you flew for.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2014, 12:16:30 AM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2014, 01:59:42 AM »
You don't have the time or energy/attention span to resup HQ, but you do have it to come to the boards and complain about it.  Cool. :headscratch:

And no I'm not singling you out (even though you brought it up).  There are plenty of players that only think of themselves and don't contribute anything for their team/side.  That's the modern world for ya.

I think you've got the wrong impression.  It's more an expression of frustration that the game is designed in such a way that it is far easier and more popular to undo a successful HQ raid by doing the single most boring thing in the game than it is to actually defend and fight it out.  Few defend, so those that do wind up ineffective due to numbers disparity, and the fact that people figure it's great gameplay to ferry a crate to fix the HQ rather than have fun fighting over it baffles me.

No radar puts a global damper on that side's ability to engage the enemy.  How is that good for gameplay again?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »
As far as finding a fight, when we captured rook HQ there was nonstop fighting there until the rook recaptured it.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »

No radar puts a global damper on that side's ability to engage the enemy.  How is that good for gameplay again?

Wiley.

Actually, I don't think it is good for gameplay, and that is why we have the dar, but how many hours in a year is it actually down compared to how many hours it is up?  (Lusche, buddy where are ya?).  I don't mind it and would have to say I like it from time to time as it does occur, because it's different and presents different challenges.  The most difficult thing is entering the arena when it is down and you have no idea where anything is happening, and that's what happened to the OP.  Me?  I'd have had the patience to still get fun sorties in anyway.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
Actually, I don't think it is good for gameplay, and that is why we have the dar, but how many hours in a year is it actually down compared to how many hours it is up?  

It's a good thing no one bothers to down Dar very often wouldn't you say? That could change.

I say replace HQ radar attacks with a "Kill Hitler!" mission profile. Get a troop with a really bad fake Southern accent into a heavily defended bunker somewhere to kill a target with a really bad mustache, automatic war win. Map resets, everyone is back to fighting in like 5 minutes.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:29:07 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »
What's a dar bar?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2014, 08:42:51 AM »
I can see hordes flying first mission after map reset , direct to capture the lower number's "hitler bunker" ignoring any other aspect of the game.
I AH you do not need a front line like in real life, maybe something that should be changed.it also increase the prediction where next fight is going to be.

It's a good thing no one bothers to down Dar very often wouldn't you say? That could change.

I say replace HQ radar attacks with a "Kill Hitler!" mission profile. Get a troop with a really bad fake Southern accent into a heavily defended bunker somewhere to kill a target with a really bad mustache, automatic war win. Map resets, everyone is back to fighting in like 5 minutes.

(Image removed from quote.)
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

I can see hordes flying first mission after map reset , direct to capture the lower number's "hitler bunker" ignoring any other aspect of the game.
I AH you do not need a front line like in real life, maybe something that should be changed.it also increase the prediction where next fight is going to be.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2014, 08:54:08 AM »
A few posts back someone said they helped run sups , got a beer an Dar was back in 20-30 minutes. My question is, how many bases did the attacking team grab/ attack in that 20-30 minutes?

If it was 0 they were just griefing.  After all the reason you kill Dar is to sneak in as many attacks as you can while the other team can't see you or react to what you are doing.

If it is used as a tactic I'm ok with it. If it isnt..... well then it sucks

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
I see it as an excuse to run 163's   :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »
You might divide the AH crowd into the objective-minded war winners, and everyone else.

For the first crowd - which I suspect is the greater number of players - there should be a good reason to try to bomb the HQ.  Otherwise, why bother? 

I agree with this and I am pretty sure caldera does too - what he was saying is why does the result of bombing the HQ have to be something that stifles combat and ruins gameplay? Something that makes player log out in disgust?

Surely there is a different mechanic that could be used that would still reward the HQ bombers...

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »
I agree with this and I am pretty sure caldera does too - what he was saying is why does the result of bombing the HQ have to be something that stifles combat and ruins gameplay? Something that makes player log out in disgust?

Surely there is a different mechanic that could be used that would still reward the HQ bombers...

Having it reduce the requirements for map win might be interesting.  The numbers would need to be considered pretty carefully, but if it could be knocked down from 20% to 10-15%, and make it so you have to capture a base after you've degraded the number, not capture 12% and then level the HQ generating an auto-win.

Dunno.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
Having it reduce the requirements for map win might be interesting.  The numbers would need to be considered pretty carefully, but if it could be knocked down from 20% to 10-15%, and make it so you have to capture a base after you've degraded the number, not capture 12% and then level the HQ generating an auto-win.

Dunno.

Wiley.

Not really sure why there has to be a difference.  The rolling side can choose to take down the HQ or take more bases.  It gives them options. 

How long the reduced base requirement lasts is another matter.  Would it be that you can resupply the HQ, to restore default war win parameters?  Would it be non-resuppliable but on a 1 hour timer?  Or 2 hours?  Would it be permanent until the war is won?  If it can be resupplied, it should take longer than it does now.  Make the HQ assault worth their trouble.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."