Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4533 times)

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
I see it as an excuse to run 163's   :rock

:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
I think you've got the wrong impression.  It's more an expression of frustration that the game is designed in such a way that it is far easier and more popular to undo a successful HQ raid by doing the single most boring thing in the game than it is to actually defend and fight it out.  Few defend, so those that do wind up ineffective due to numbers disparity, and the fact that people figure it's great gameplay to ferry a crate to fix the HQ rather than have fun fighting over it baffles me.

No radar puts a global damper on that side's ability to engage the enemy.  How is that good for gameplay again?

Wiley.

Fair enough.  We just have different styles of play.  When I log in and my HQ is down, my first few sorties are to resup HQ.  I look at what's good for the team over the good for the individual, but that's how I've been brought up/trained.  To each his own bud. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
When I log in and Camelot is crisped I pickup the phone and convene with the other noble lords to determine if it warrants declaring an exterminatus.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck