Author Topic: It's just not worth it...  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Re: It's just not worth it...
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 06:34:17 AM »
Depends.... B29s, for exemple, are 95% of time above 25k when they do a strats run.
Most of veteran bombers pilots fly at 20 k or more to avoid being insta-overrun by uppers when they reach enemy af area.
Exception for the TU2, which seems to be very capable of defending itself, as its very maneuverable (compared to other bombers) and can, if needed, try to engage the attacking interceptor (if there are less than 3 ofc).

By using smart RPM you can spare a lot of fuel, and, if your plane allows it, drop tanks are the solution.

The only plane that wont last very long after climbing to 20k+ is the LA-7, but this alt isnt the best for it anyway....

As others wrote in this thread, you got many different solutions to last longer in your plane, you should try these solutions, i'm sure it will solve your fuel concerns...  :old:

L.

There is no point in climbing to 20k, and if you do you will find yourself diving down to 13k at least to get a kill. This is one part that makes this game unique, gotta conserve and watch out for your ammo and gas,, that unlimited crap is for am amateurs... It is a part with being generally new to this game.. it is very difficult. That is why you gotta be aggressive and not be afraid to go to the DA to fight or to ask people to help with ACM because in this game it is important.

+1

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 06:47:23 AM »
I thought the OP was saying in general that the fights of late have gotten higher.  Most American Cv planes, not all, have a slow climb out.
Fights seem to be in a high trend of late.  Bish seem to fly higher than most and are more likely to be in 109s and 190s.  I have no facts to support that.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 06:53:34 AM »
Fly a B17 with 100% fuel..... touch down in 2018! <S>

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Or...........fly a TA152 with 100% and no drops and fly for an hour.  If that isn't enough time, you're doing it wrong.  I personally think this is the best high alt bomber interceptor in the game, a pair of 20's and a hub mounted 30mm cannon.  440MPH at 34k will let you chase down B29's, mossie 16's and yes, the Tutu's too!.

Next month, I'm going to shoot down Sputnik!

Fly a B17 with 100% fuel..... touch down in 2018! <S>

Not if I can find ya  :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:24:05 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
Or...........fly a TA152 with 100% and no drops and fly for an hour.  If that isn't enough time, you're doing it wrong.  I personally think this is the best high alt bomber interceptor in the game, a pair of 20's and a hub mounted 30mm cannon.  440MPH at 34k will let you chase down B29's, mossie 16's and yes, the Tutu's too!.

Next month, I'm going to shoot down Sputnik!

Not if I can find ya  :D

:rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 09:49:23 AM »
After getting your aircraft up to some altitude, and tracking down the fight, it seems one barely has any fuel left for anything else.  I mean really, at the end of the day it feels like your just getting your plane up and down mostly.  Shouldn't the majority of the time be spent where it matters?  Granted, i fly the navy planes.  But how about reducing the fuel multiplier to 1.5 or thereabouts?  It really is a shame.  Not much incentive to climb if you ask me.

I primarily fly the D9 typically without drop tanks. I dont know of many other planes that guzzle gas as much cept maybe the LA.
I have no problem getting ot alt..any alt and fighting. I find that just about the same time Im low on bullets. The gas gauge tells me its time to go home
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »
Or...........fly a TA152 with 100% and no drops and fly for an hour.  If that isn't enough time, you're doing it wrong.  I personally think this is the best high alt bomber interceptor in the game, a pair of 20's and a hub mounted 30mm cannon.  440MPH at 34k will let you chase down B29's, mossie 16's and yes, the Tutu's too!.

An hour is conservative, even. I use WEP from take off until it burns out, which gets me up to about 25k. From there, I keep climbing to about 32k. I then throttle back to max cruise, and am left with 75+ minutes of gas, and can still go 400mph. Not bad, not bad at all.